OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Games that should have been released on the Turbo

Started by bozo55, 04/01/2015, 07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bozo55

My vote goes to Super Contra.  A game that was not properly playable at home until its 2007 Xbox Live Arcade release.  The NES version was nearly unrecognizable compared to the Arcade.  The Super-CD ROM would have been a great platform for a faithful conversion, if Gradius II is any indication.

HailingTheThings

Bucky O'Hare because reasons. efffffffffffffffffffff
IMG

PCEngineHell

Quote from: bozo55 on 04/01/2015, 07:42 PMMy vote goes to Super Contra.  A game that was not properly playable at home until its 2007 Xbox Live Arcade release.  The NES version was nearly unrecognizable compared to the Arcade.  The Super-CD ROM would have been a great platform for a faithful conversion, if Gradius II is any indication.
The screen format would have been a issue for a proper port, but yeah it would have been nice to see some kind of port of it on something other then the Nes.

Sadler

Either TMNT arcade game.

Contra would be my second choice. I'd rather this hypothetical Contra not be a port though, and instead an original PC Engine game.

Arkhan Asylum

Hydlide 3, Gall Force, Bionic Commando (the NESy one), Legend of Kage, Guerrilla War, other SNK shooters, a bunch of beat em ups.

stuff
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 04/01/2015, 11:44 PMBucky O'Hare because reasons. efffffffffffffffffffff
Disagree.

Konami ports on the SNES were some of their best.  This should have been on the SNES with Sunset Riders and TMNT 4.

MNKyDeth

I would loved to have seen Wizards and Warriors 1 - 3 on the TG16.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wizards_%26_Warriors

Also, The Goonies 2.... Loved the movie as a kid and the game for me was incredibly hard but I still beat it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Goonies_II

Last one, but seriously.... Endless hours were spent on Blaster Master.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blaster_Master

CrackTiger

Same answer each time this topic gets posted: Black Tiger.

Besides being one of the best games ever made and by far the greatest arcade game we'll ever see, a PCE SCD port could be identical, other than the shades of the colors.

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 04/02/2015, 07:22 AM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 04/01/2015, 11:44 PMBucky O'Hare because reasons. efffffffffffffffffffff
Disagree.

Konami ports on the SNES were some of their best.  This should have been on the SNES with Sunset Riders and TMNT 4. 
SNES games are not all exclusives (see the examples you gave).

Which Konami 4-player arcade beat-em-up ports for the PC Engine lead you to believe that the PCE wouldn't do a better job than SNES?
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

InfraMan

I wish the Duo had seen a few arcade laserdisc ports. I know their appeal is limited, but I LOVE stuff like Dragon's Lair, Space Ace, Cliff Hanger, Cobra Command, etc.

The Sega CD got a bunch of these, plus a slew of more obscure titles like Road Avenger (awesome!) and Time Gal. I would have loved to see some of these on the Duo with its superior color palette.

deubeul

esteban

Quote from: MNKyDeth on 04/02/2015, 08:03 AMI would loved to have seen Wizards and Warriors 1 - 3 on the TG16.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wizards_%26_Warriors

Also, The Goonies 2.... Loved the movie as a kid and the game for me was incredibly hard but I still beat it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Goonies_II

Last one, but seriously.... Endless hours were spent on Blaster Master.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blaster_Master
Blaster Master.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NecroPhile

Tetris, preferably Bonk themed.

Also, all the Falcom goodies that the PCE got should've been brought over (not that they would've been money makers - I'm just greedy), and I want Ys V too.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

CrackTiger

QuoteI would loved to have seen Wizards and Warriors 1 - 3 on the TG16.
Ghost Manor is a Wizards & Warriors style game. I think that the main difference is that you don't get special item abilities and it transitions more like a so-called "Metroidvania" than a stage based game.

The character controls/physics and stage design is unmistakable though.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Dicer

CrackTiger
Trojan
Mortal Kombat(this could have happend)
Gunsmoke(avenue pad 3 baby)

seieienbu

I would've wanted Metalstorm.  Irem gave the Turbo a lot of love, but we could've had so much more...
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

BigusSchmuck

A proper remake/sequel to The Guardian Legend. Enough said.

thisIsLoneWolf

I love some of the answers that have already been given.
TMNT, an original Contra game, and TGL, would all be great additions to the library.

sirhcman

E Swat and Wrestle War would have been good additions to the turbob

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: guest on 04/02/2015, 08:41 AMSame answer each time this topic gets posted: Black Tiger.

Besides being one of the best games ever made and by far the greatest arcade game we'll ever see, a PCE SCD port could be identical, other than the shades of the colors.

Disagree.

Which Konami 4-player arcade beat-em-up ports for the PC Engine lead you to believe that the PCE wouldn't do a better job than SNES?
I'm not sure by what you are saying about exclusives?  Unless you are saying Bucky O'Hare could (should?) be released on different systems?  In that case the more the merrier.

It's easy to say X game should have been on Y system now a days in the age of collecting with the internet and ebay.  One of the biggest reasons I would prefer Bucky on the SNES is that I could have played it as a kid.  I never saw a Turbo CD or Duo until I started collecting.  As a kid only Radio Shack carried Turbo.  So even with the ability to track games down now as an adult I could still end up screwed where a Turbo CD version could be jacked up to $500+ and be unattainable.  Most high end SNES rares are still obtainable.   

So yes I bet the Turbo could have a done a good job (Although I admit I can't think of too many popular 4 player Konami  arcade beat em up games were even released for the PCE)  However, having it on the SNES would have allowed me to enjoy it as a kid and now.

But then  again we all obey here so for the most part the answer will always be OBEY.

RyuHayabusa

Strider SGX and Final Fight. Oh, and Mortal Kombat too, since they almost had an exclusive deal to release it for the Turbo. Just to see how it would've stacked up against the SNES and Genesis.

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: Dicer on 04/02/2015, 02:53 PMBlack Tiger
Trojan
Mortal Kombat(this could have happend)
Gunsmoke(avenue pad 3 baby)
i agree with mortal kombat. that would have been cool for the pcengine. i thought pacman, streets of rage, and maybe hang on would have been good since they had a few sega game for pc engine

wildfruit

In no particular order
1)micro machines
2) a fantastic dizzy game
3) some more lucasarts point & click
4) a decent isometric puzzler

HailingTheThings

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 04/02/2015, 09:54 PM
Quote from: guest on 04/02/2015, 08:41 AMSame answer each time this topic gets posted: Black Tiger.

Disagree.

I'm not sure by what you are saying about exclusives?  Unless you are saying Bucky O'Hare could (should?) be released on different systems?  In that case the more the merrier.

It's easy to say X game should have been on Y system now a days in the age of collecting with the internet and ebay.  One of the biggest reasons I would prefer Bucky on the SNES is that I could have played it as a kid.  I never saw a Turbo CD or Duo until I started collecting.  As a kid only Radio Shack carried Turbo.  So even with the ability to track games down now as an adult I could still end up screwed where a Turbo CD version could be jacked up to $500+ and be unattainable.  Most high end SNES rares are still obtainable.   

So yes I bet the Turbo could have a done a good job (Although I admit I can't think of too many popular 4 player Konami  arcade beat em up games were even released for the PCE)  However, having it on the SNES would have allowed me to enjoy it as a kid and now.

But then  again we all obey here so for the most part the answer will always be OBEY.
Sunset Riders was also on the Genesis is what he meant?

I have a feeling that the "NES" Bucky would've been dope on the PCE. Also that the "Arcade" Bucky would be adorable on the Super CD or maybe Arcade CD.

I know that the Arcade game would've been alright on the SNES as well, but I would really like to see it with the voices intact as well as the music, maybe even arranged for maximum erection power.

pew pew
IMG

esteban

Quote from: wildfruit on 04/03/2015, 01:34 AMIn no particular order
1)micro machines
2) a fantastic dizzy game
3) some more lucasarts point & click
4) a decent isometric puzzler
Micro machines Racing would have been fantastic 

THE ONLY FIVE PLAYER MICROMACHINES.

NecroPhile

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 04/02/2015, 09:54 PMOne of the biggest reasons I would prefer Bucky on the SNES is that I could have played it as a kid.  I never saw a Turbo CD or Duo until I started collecting.  As a kid only Radio Shack carried Turbo.  So even with the ability to track games down now as an adult I could still end up screwed where a Turbo CD version could be jacked up to $500+ and be unattainable.  Most high end SNES rares are still obtainable.   
So because you didn't have a Duo as a kid and because some of its games are expensive now, you're arguing that no games should be on the Turbob?  Brilliant.  :roll:

esteban

wildfruit

seieienbu

Gradius 3.  There's a game that was screaming for a Super CD port.

EvilEvoIX

I better 3rd Party support would have been great.  A lot more Capcom, Konami, SunSoft, the Like.  Oh yeah and a PROPER Batman game.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

wyndcrosser

I'm surprised at how much I like that Batman game. It's a gem dude.

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: guest on 04/03/2015, 01:43 PMWE GOT A PROPER BATMAN GAME, DICKHEAD.
Right, it's just as good as the NES versions or the SNES versions.  Batman as a Maze game trumps all of that.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

seieienbu

I absolutely love this track from Batman, way better than the NES version:

EvilEvoIX

Music is fine, so is the game in fact.  It's just not a proper Batman game.  It's a maze game, you coI'll plug in any character.
IMGIMGIMG

wyndcrosser

I would have liked to have seen more platformers or even renn blaster or conan released. I mean they could have easily changed the characters if there was an issue with brand recognition, like Keith Courage.

Keith is a great game, but does anyone know why they chose "Keith". It just reminds me of this Family Guy episode.

CrackTiger

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 04/03/2015, 03:40 PMMusic is fine, so is the game in fact.  It's just not a proper Batman game.  It's a maze game, you coI'll plug in any character. 
Same with all games using a Batman license, which is why there is no such thing as a "proper Batman game".

Unless you were thinking about a lengthy digicomic that explores Bruce Wayne's decent into madness as he wrestles with with personal demons from early childhood and the parodox of leading a criminal lifestyle in the name of justice, telling yourself that the you are on the right side of an imaginary line while those you beat the crap out of nightly are not, slowly aging until you reach his retirement/death.

Or did you just want another cookie cutter beat-'em-up or platformer with a Batman license slapped on top.

NecroPhile

EvilEvoIX

I stand by my original statement.  These are proper batman games.

NES
Sega
SNES
So you will skip all of these and play a Maze game instead?

OK.
IMGIMGIMG

wildfruit

I like maze games. You ever tried monster max? it's awesome. To the max.
Yea monster max would be good. It has an rocking soundtrack that would have been great in redbook.
Better than batman returns for snesss anyway.

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: guest on 04/02/2015, 01:43 PMAlso, all the Falcom goodies that the PCE got should've been brought over (not that they would've been money makers - I'm just greedy), and I want Ys V too.
Ditto!

Rare games like Cobra Triangle, Snake Rattle & Roll, Battletoads, RC Pro Am.  TMNT, a port of the NES Contra with Arcade gfx, (same goes for Trojan, Legendary Wings, Jackal, Bionic Commando), the unreleased Batman, more Sunsoft games in general.
IMG

wildfruit

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 04/04/2015, 03:07 AM
Quote from: guest on 04/02/2015, 01:43 PMAlso, all the Falcom goodies that the PCE got should've been brought over (not that they would've been money makers - I'm just greedy), and I want Ys V too.
Ditto!

Rare games like Cobra Triangle, Snake Rattle & Roll, Battletoads, RC Pro Am.  TMNT, a port of the NES Contra with Arcade gfx, (same goes for Trojan, Legendary Wings, Jackal, Bionic Commando), the unreleased Batman, more Sunsoft games in general.
Now you mention RARE Solar Jetman comes to mind. That could have been great with the better colour palette of PCE.

RyuHayabusa

I can't help but wonder if the PCE Batman was originally a different game that was transformed into a Batman game to get it quickly while the license was hot. Just because it's such a departure from all the platform based Batman games. Then again, maybe Sunsoft was just trying something different.

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: RyuHayabusa on 04/04/2015, 07:58 PMI can't help but wonder if the PCE Batman was originally a different game that was transformed into a Batman game to get it quickly while the license was hot. Just because it's such a departure from all the platform based Batman games.
Bingo.
IMGIMGIMG

esteban

Quote from: RyuHayabusa on 04/04/2015, 07:58 PMI can't help but wonder if the PCE Batman was originally a different game that was transformed into a Batman game to get it quickly while the license was hot. Just because it's such a departure from all the platform based Batman games. Then again, maybe Sunsoft was just trying something different.
Chris Covell has scanned images from magazines that show an awesome Batman game for PCE...

Gotta find the link...

https://www.chrismcovell.com/secret/PCE_1989Q3.html#batman

Look at that. DAMN.

esteban

I updated it before you posted the correction, I think.

My phone doesn't have timestamps, but computer will!

Was I right?

I think I beat your post. Ha!

esteban

Ha!!!!

I posted my prior comment in the time you realized that I had fixed it...AND COMMENTED ON IT.

This is getting CRAZY :)

Arkhan Asylum

ccovell

Quote from: guest on 04/04/2015, 09:50 PMFamicom fail! :lol:

hah... you fixed the link in the moment between when I quoted you and when I began typing my reply. What are the chances!
You both failed.  :lol:  If you see a link that has "disgruntleddesigner" in it, that's an old server that I don't use or have access to anymore.

Here's the newer page with better scans: https://www.chrismcovell.com/secret/PCE_1989Q3.html#batman

And as a bonus: Batman Squid Snacks!   https://www.chrismcovell.com/secret/FC__1989Q3.html#batman

esteban

Quote from: ccovell on 04/07/2015, 06:57 PM
Quote from: guest on 04/04/2015, 09:50 PMFamicom fail! :lol:

hah... you fixed the link in the moment between when I quoted you and when I began typing my reply. What are the chances!
You both failed.  :lol:  If you see a link that has "disgruntleddesigner" in it, that's an old server that I don't use or have access to anymore.

Here's the newer page with better scans: https://www.chrismcovell.com/secret/PCE_1989Q3.html#batman

And as a bonus: Batman Squid Snacks!   https://www.chrismcovell.com/secret/FC__1989Q3.html#batman
Damn! I gotta update my links. :)

Thanks for the Squid Snacks.

NecroPhile