10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Greetings from the UK!

Started by Pon The Lion, 04/03/2015, 03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pon The Lion

Hi guys!

Recently purchased a refurbished PC Engine GT and decided to join this forum in hopes of finding hidden gems in the massive library of PCE games.
I'm currently studying overseas in the UK hence the handheld decision but will probably get the proper console (maybe a duo?) when I head home after graduation.
Really liking some of the colourful and quirky shmups like Mr Heli and Ordyne, platformers like Cadash, and I'll probably be burrowing around in the forum for more stuff like that.

See you guys around in the forums!  :D

NecroPhile

Welcome aboard!

When the time comes, definitely get yourself a duo.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

wildfruit

Greetings. Where are you studying ? I'm from essex and I work in London. Also while you're here make sure you pick up a cheap rgb crt tv to take back. Hell some people even give them away. A good place to source games from while you're here is France.

EvilEvoIX

+1 for the Duo.  Welcome aboard.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Pon The Lion

Quote from: wildfruit on 04/03/2015, 03:59 PMGreetings. Where are you studying ? I'm from essex and I work in London. Also while you're here make sure you pick up a cheap rgb crt tv to take back. Hell some people even give them away. A good place to source games from while you're here is France.
Hey there, I'm in my final year in the University of Exeter!
I'm not sure about bringing back a crt tv back to Singapore via plane.. :-k
PCE games in the UK are pretty expensive imo, I always have to rely on ebay auctions Yahoo Auction Japan.

Otaking

Welcome to the forum,  :D

Quote from: Pon The Lion on 04/03/2015, 07:12 PMI'm in my final year in the University of Exeter!
I'm not sure about bringing back a crt tv back to Singapore via plane.. :-k
PCE games in the UK are pretty expensive imo, I always have to rely on ebay auctions Yahoo Auction Japan.
I'm in the same county Devon but up in the north part.
I rarely travel down to Exeter but I was there yesterday and noticed they now have a few Oriental/East Asian supermarkets that I hadn't noticed before, which I thought was cool as is usually a sign of a East Asian community building up in the area.
I've heard apparently somewhere in Exeter there's a bricks and mortar retro game store, which is an extremely rare thing in the UK, I've never been to the store myself.
I quickly googled it and found this
www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8omfa-RnkA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

Bardoly

A belated welcome to PCEnginefx!  I love Cadash as well.