10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Spenoza's Blessings: R-Types PS1

Started by o.pwuaioc, 04/09/2015, 11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

o.pwuaioc

Up for raffle is R-Types CIB (and spotless) for the PS1. Now that I have R-Type 1 & 2 on the PC Engine, I figured I'd give this away to anyone who wants it. I don't need both!

Since I got these from spenoza, I'm following his raffle rules.

To enter, make a reply in this thread indicating you are interested, and that you agree to follow the raffle rules below. If you think these rules are stupid and you aren't interested in adhering to them, do not enter the raffle.

You must not already own R-Type or R-Type II. If you do, you must raffle them away. Don't be a collectard and hog all the R-Type games.

You may not sell, trade, or otherwise give away the raffle prize, with the following exceptions:
You may re-raffle here on the forums.
You may give to a Turbo/PCE noob who is still new to the console and doesn't already have R-Type (and has the necessary hardware to play it). Said noob must also agree to be bound by the no-sale/trade rules of the raffle and not be a dick.

You may not intentionally feed R-Type to your dog (or cat [or cavy/rodent/bird/dinosaur/trained bear/younger siblings]). [Addendum: You must not boil or eat the manual or disc.]

Valued/important members of the community will get an extra entry (or more, if they are super-awesome) at spenoza's discretion. (And just why on earth don't you have R-Type already?)

You must be in good standing with the PCEFX community at large with a minimum post count of 250. If your most-posted forum or thread is a sales/raffle thread I reserve the right to exclude you.

I reserve the right to exclude anyone I want from the raffle for whatever reason I want. Per Wil Wheaton, "Don't be a dick." And in light of recent events, don't be a tool, either.

Enjoy!

Entrants:

sirhcman
Flare65
cr8zykuban0
spenoza
PCEngineHell

esteban

This is an excellent PS1 disc.

I have it already, but I would say that anybody who enjoys R-Type will have fun with this.

Sadly, the new content (the story cinema) is completely lame...I was surprised at how incredibly anticlimactic it was...

Obviously, a lame cinema is not a deal breaker.

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

sirhcman

Thanks for the generosity! I do not own an R-Type game so please throw my name in the ring!

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: esteban on 04/10/2015, 12:57 PMThis is an excellent PS1 disc.

I have it already, but I would say that anybody who enjoys R-Type will have fun with this.

Sadly, the new content (the story cinema) is completely lame...I was surprised at how incredibly anticlimactic it was...

Obviously, a lame cinema is not a deal breaker.
Fun fact, in all the times I've played R-Type I/II on this disc, I never bothered with the story cinema. Ever.

pcgamer

Hi o.pwuaioc I don't own Rtype but I remember watching the anime in the 80's jap and I like collecting games looking forward to adding it to my game collection please my number is 19092237599 my email is bizideacloud@icloud.com if i find anything rare or something you might be looking for I can look for you alright just ask same for me. Thank you.

sirhcman

Quote from: pcgamer on 04/11/2015, 12:03 AMlooking forward to adding it to my game collection please my number is 19092237599 my email is bizideacloud@icloud.com
:shock:

this turd just signs up places and posts for freebies.. https://plus.google.com/103090558223286792558/posts

o.pwuaioc

esteban

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: esteban on 04/11/2015, 02:58 AMI smell Nulltard's fingertips.
He did promise such a thing. I wouldn't be surprised.

ClodBusted

I've got both R-Type Dimensions for Xbox 360 as well as Complete CD for PCE, so I guess this is another raffle where I don't qualify.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 04/11/2015, 03:52 AMI've got both R-Type Dimensions for Xbox 360 as well as Complete CD for PCE, so I guess this is another raffle where I don't qualify.
Hell no you don't qualify!

BigusSchmuck

I already got R-Type Complete for the PC engine so please don't sign me up.

esteban

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 04/11/2015, 09:47 AMI already got R-Type Complete for the PC engine so please don't sign me up.
YOU HAVE NOT BEEN SIGNED UP.

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: esteban on 04/11/2015, 10:55 AM
Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 04/11/2015, 09:47 AMI already got R-Type Complete for the PC engine so please don't sign me up.
YOU HAVE NOT BEEN SIGNED UP.
Oh snap!

SuperDeadite

I applaud your generosity, but,  you say you don't need both the PS1 and PCE releases.  Before you give this away, you do realize they are not the same thing right?

PCE R-Type I =  R-Type I Stages 1-4
PCE R-Type II = R-Type I Stages 5-8

PS1 R-Types contains arcade ports of the original R-Type and also the REAL R-Type 2.

If you give R-Types away, you are losing R-Type 2 completely, it doesn't exist on PCE.

And don't sign me up either lol.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 04/11/2015, 09:06 PMI applaud your generosity, but,  you say you don't need both the PS1 and PCE releases.  Before you give this away, you do realize they are not the same thing right?

PCE R-Type I =  R-Type I Stages 1-4
PCE R-Type II = R-Type I Stages 5-8

PS1 R-Types contains arcade ports of the original R-Type and also the REAL R-Type 2.

If you give R-Types away, you are losing R-Type 2 completely, it doesn't exist on PCE.

And don't sign me up either lol.
Well, fuck. Why did I not know this?

sirhcman

Quote from: guest on 04/11/2015, 09:18 PMWell, fuck. Why did I not know this?
since i think i am the only one signed up for this i wouldn't be upset if you cancelled the raffle!

Flare65

spenoza

My raffle had no requirement that you give away other, non-PCE R-Types.

I am OK with you calling this one off.

esteban

Everyone who posted in this thread should be ashamed.

Psycho Punch

Quote from: pcgamer on 04/11/2015, 12:03 AMHi o.pwuaioc I don't own Rtype but I remember watching the anime in the 80's jap and I like collecting games looking forward to adding it to my game collection please my number is 19092237599 my email is bizideacloud@icloud.com if i find anything rare or something you might be looking for I can look for you alright just ask same for me. Thank you.
Nullity this is starting to get weird, stop it
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

sirhcman

Quote from: Punch on 04/12/2015, 06:16 PM
Quote from: pcgamer on 04/11/2015, 12:03 AMHi o.pwuaioc I don't own Rtype but I remember watching the anime in the 80's jap and I like collecting games looking forward to adding it to my game collection please my number is 19092237599 my email is bizideacloud@icloud.com if i find anything rare or something you might be looking for I can look for you alright just ask same for me. Thank you.
Nullity this is starting to get weird, stop it
It isnt nully

cr8zykuban0

i actually dont have rtype 1,2, or cd complete so can you sign me up? i promise not to feed it to my dogs.

pcgamer

I am interested in this raffle my email is bizideacloud@icloud.com my number is 19092237599

SuperDeadite

Quote from: pcgamer on 04/13/2015, 02:24 AMI am interested in this raffle my email is bizideacloud@icloud.com my number is 19092237599
A/S/L?
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

NecroPhile

Quote from: pcgamer on 04/13/2015, 02:24 AMI am interested in this raffle my email is bizideacloud@icloud.com my number is 19092237599
One more spam post and you're gone, chief.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

cr8zykuban0

what chu say papi?

poponon

Quote:shock:

this turd just signs up places and posts for freebies.. https://plus.google.com/103090558223286792558/posts
this is hilarious. he also comments on girl's online profiles. Maybe he'll get a quick freebie in  :lol:

spenoza

If you're still following through, I would like to be included. If you've decided to stop the raffle cause you don't want to lose R-Type 2, that's cool, too.

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: guest on 04/15/2015, 09:45 PMIf you're still following through, I would like to be included. If you've decided to stop the raffle cause you don't want to lose R-Type 2, that's cool, too.
Don't you already have R-Type?  :P

pcgamer

spenoza

Quote from: guest on 04/16/2015, 03:04 AM
Quote from: guest on 04/15/2015, 09:45 PMIf you're still following through, I would like to be included. If you've decided to stop the raffle cause you don't want to lose R-Type 2, that's cool, too.
Don't you already have R-Type?  :P
I didn't raffle a duplicate. I raffled my only copy. I have an Everdrive and decided I didn't need two hucards for a single game.

o.pwuaioc

Sending PMs to entrants. This may still be a go. If not, something will.

sirhcman

Quote from: guest on 04/19/2015, 03:42 AMSending PMs to entrants. This may still be a go. If not, something will.
Did I not make the cut as an entrant? (just curious)

esteban

Quote from: guest on 04/19/2015, 08:45 AM
Quote from: guest on 04/19/2015, 03:42 AMSending PMs to entrants. This may still be a go. If not, something will.
Did I not make the cut as an entrant? (just curious)
No entry.

sirhcman

bartre

no need for me, I've got dem PCBs.

but yay for raffles!

I love you all.

cr8zykuban0

so is the raffle now for the 2 loose rtypes? if so im still up for it since I dont own em on pcengine

o.pwuaioc

Yep, I'm going to make the announcement soon. Basically what I got from spenoza I'm reraffling. Maybe with an added addition.

PCEngineHell

If this is still going on in some form sign me up if you dont mind. I'm in need of R-Type anything. Only one I have is the Snes one.