OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

TED Group Buy Round 2! ORDERED!

Started by jtucci31, 05/21/2015, 01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmokeMonster

Quote from: elmer on 07/25/2015, 05:10 PM
Quote from: SmokeMonster on 07/25/2015, 04:34 PMAlso, I received a response from Krikzz about the v2.2 fiasco today and he has a fix ready but we'll have to return our v2.2s to him to have the FPGA re-flashed. If you need this update, send your TEDs back to him using this form: http://krikzz.com/return_form.txt
Then it'll be interesting to see which sacrificial-lamb actually sends theirs off first, and then reports back whether the fix is fully working.

I'd like some brave soul with both a TG16 and a TGCD to actually confirm that it works.

AFAIK, krikzz only received a TG16-by-itself from StoneAgeGamer in order to track down the problems.

Anyway ... I suspect that it will be less of a "re-flash", and more of a "re-place" ... those FPGA chips are only one-time-programmable.

So his repair guy is almost-certainly going to have to remove the old FPGA and replace it with a new one.
I'm sure he'll post something soon since it seems to be a really big issue for us US people. I sent mine back to him today for repair, so I guess that I'm first.

What's weird is that my TED v2.2s seem to work fine with my TG16, PCE, Duo, and Turbo Expresses. Is the problem only related to when a CD unit is attached?

SephirothTNH

That's a shame.  I didn't know they were one time programmable.  So no in the field reprogramming like we got to do with the NESRGB.

I probably wont return mine for "reprogramming."

elmer

Quote from: SmokeMonster on 07/25/2015, 05:14 PMWhat's weird is that my TED v2.2s seem to work fine with my TG16, PCE, Duo, and Turbo Expresses. Is the problem only related to when a CD unit is attached?
I've not seen any problem reports with the basic PC Engine, Core Grafx, Core Grafx II, Super Grafx or Turbo Express ... or with any of the Duo systems.

But I have seen reports of problems with ...

• Core Grafx with Tennokoe 2
  • Core Grafx II with Tennokoe 2
  • Core Grafx II with SuperCDROM
  • TG16 with TGCD
  • TG16 with TurboBooster+

The TG16-by-itself has had variable luck. KRIKzz has said ...

Quote from: KRIKzz on 07/22/2015, 10:04 AMDuring development i tested cart with core grafx, pce+cd-rom2, super grafx and pal tg16, this i all what i have. All carts v2 working fine with all my systems. But day ago i got U.S. tg16 from stoneagegamer, he reported about problems with tbed v2 on this console. I tested few carts and found that some working fine with this system, but some other works with glitches or even not boot at all.
If your carts have all been working on your TG16, then you've been lucky!

wilykat

Quote from: SephirothTNH on 07/25/2015, 05:20 PMThat's a shame.  I didn't know they were one time programmable.  So no in the field reprogramming like we got to do with the NESRGB.

I think it's not reprogramming via update file on SD card but rather reprogramming via JTAG connector and not everyone has access to the right one. I don't think Krikzz is willing to share the source for the chip, only the firmware for updates.

SephirothTNH

Quote from: wilykat on 07/25/2015, 08:03 PM
Quote from: SephirothTNH on 07/25/2015, 05:20 PMThat's a shame.  I didn't know they were one time programmable.  So no in the field reprogramming like we got to do with the NESRGB.

I think it's not reprogramming via update file on SD card but rather reprogramming via JTAG connector and not everyone has access to the right one. I don't think Krikzz is willing to share the source for the chip, only the firmware for updates.
Yes I'm aware of all this. It's moot Anyway since the chip is one time programable.

Psycho Punch

Maybe the OTP model of the FPGA used is cheaper, I don't know, but it does suck that everyone with problems will have to send the everdrive to him exclusively... with no way to download a fixed configuration for the FPGA to reprogram it "at home" for users with the tools and knowledge to do so.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

jtucci31

Quote from: SmokeMonster on 07/23/2015, 11:49 PMThat's my auction and it isn't from the group buy. I got two grou- buy TED's and one is permanently connected to my Duo and the other is in my PCE. I use them for testing the Everdrive packs that I maintain. Below is my big order of TED's direct from Krikzz.

Also, I listed the auction $79, the exact price of a TED from retrogate.
Wait I don't get it. So you were in on this one yet also got yourself everdrives? I'm just confused  :-k

If you wanted to sell it for it's actual price, then you should do a BIN. Or offer links to the actual site or explain where it comes from in the description. I agree with NW, it's playing off of their ignorance.

From the description of your, now sold, TED:

QuoteTurbo Everdrive v2 with 3D Shell & 8gb Micro SDHC

This is the newly released v2.2 Turbo Everdrive. V2 is a complete redesign with instant game loading and other improvements.

The Turbo Everdrive is brand-new and is tested and works perfectly. It has a custom printed 3D shell and an 8GB Micro SDHC card. The card is flashed with the latest Turbo Everdrive OS, and is completely setup with everything ever released for both the Turbografx-16 and PC Engine. Also included are tons of homebrew, translations, and more. It's fully setup so you can just plug it in and play.

The 3D shell snaps on and off, and has a functional reset button. It also has cutouts for the SD card and PCE/TG16 switch. I modified the 3D shell to fit the V2 Everdrive and TurboDuo. Unlike some of the 3D shells available, this one is fully compatible with the TurboDuo/PC Engine Duo (picture 5) and TurboExpress/PC Engine GT (pictures 6 & 7). The Turbo Everdrive will ship in its OEM anti-static bag.
You just make it sound like including a $5 mini sd card with all the roms and custom case is worth the extra $200 they are paying. I just don't get this at all. *shrugs*

SmokeMonster

Quote from: guest on 07/27/2015, 12:04 AMWait I don't get it. So you were in on this one yet also got yourself everdrives? I'm just confused
I paid in on the group buy and then ordered a box of TEDs from Krikzz for my eBay store about a month later.

Quote from: guest on 07/27/2015, 12:04 AMYou just make it sound like including a $5 mini sd card with all the roms and custom case is worth the extra $200 they are paying. I just don't get this at all. *shrugs*
I started the auction at $79, the exact price of a TED. Where it ends up is completely in the buyer's control.

bozo55

Holy shit, someone paid 359 US for something worth about 100 bucks.   :-&

SephirothTNH

wow that is absurd.  I am a little torn on how I feel about this one.

On the one hand who ever won this auction, and the 7 others willing to pay more than $130, are idiots and deserve to be separated from their money.  A few years ago I was selling a used bari sax mouthpiece.  It was nothing special and retailed for about $50 new.  I listed it at $25 and was shocked, but happy, when it ended for $75. 

On the other hand, holy crap, that's three times what this thing is worth.  And I'm pretty sure it's not legal to sell roms on ebay.  I don't know how SmokeMonster doesn't feel a little dirty after this level of ripping someone off.

SmokeMonster

I started an auction at retail and it turned into the bidding war to end all bidding wars. I do feel torn about it. It's the bottled water paradox.

NecroPhile

I'm a bit torn as well.  It's preying upon the ignorant, I guess, but how did these fucktards even find ebay if their googlefu is so weak?!?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

SmokeMonster

I would have considered high buy-it-now listings or what SAG does as preying on the ignorant. Starting an auction at retail though is just that.

NecroPhile

I'm sure you didn't expect it to go quite this high, but there's no question that you were hoping for high bids from people too stupid (or too lazy) to find the roms and cover on their own.

jtucci31

Quote from: guest on 07/27/2015, 03:54 PMI'm sure you didn't expect it to go quite this high, but there's no question that you were hoping for high bids from people too stupid (or too lazy) to find the roms and cover on their own.
That's the point that I and NW were trying to make. But his response is continuously just, "I put the bid at this, and it went for this".

Also for the record, I don't really care if any of you sell your ED's from this GB. You bought it so you can do what you wish. But selling it for butttons of money is another thing. I'd hope you don't try to rip people off inadvertently or intentionally.

SmokeMonster

And you keep repeating that I'm both psychic and preying on people by starting an auction at retail.

NecroPhile

I don't mind the profiteering so much, as nothing came from pcefx, anyone with a modicum of intelligence can put together such a package on their own, and he's not trying to sell 'em here at the discounted price of only $350 (DrOJ deals, brah!).

Quote from: SmokeMonster on 07/27/2015, 04:19 PMAnd you keep repeating that I'm both psychic and preying on people by starting an auction at retail.
Sure, man.  I'm sure you bought a case of 'em with hopes of selling at cost or maybe even losing a little money after fees.  :roll:

SmokeMonster

Ok, I'm the world's worst person because I did plan on making at least 20% in order to pay off upgrading all of my Turbo Expresses. I can guarantee you that I'm not psychic though.

SmokeMonster

To upgrade all of my Everdrives I meant. I have them for almost every console they're made for, so buying a wholesale order seemed like a good way to get mine at discount and sell the extras and help make up the costs.

bob

Thats pretty brutal that you even mentioned the loaded SD card in the auction. Should have just thrown that in the box with no speak of it in the listing.

bozo55

Quote from: agent_orange on 07/27/2015, 05:51 PMThats pretty brutal that you even mentioned the loaded SD card in the auction. Should have just thrown that in the box with no speak of it in the listing.
Something tells me it wouldn't have fetched that much without it.

bob

Quote from: bozo55 on 07/27/2015, 06:06 PM
Quote from: agent_orange on 07/27/2015, 05:51 PMThats pretty brutal that you even mentioned the loaded SD card in the auction. Should have just thrown that in the box with no speak of it in the listing.
Exactly.

esteban

Quote from: agent_orange on 07/27/2015, 06:24 PM
Quote from: bozo55 on 07/27/2015, 06:06 PM
Exactly.
EXACTLY EZACY

ecstasy.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

bob

esteban

LostFlunky

bob

NightWolve

Quote from: SmokeMonster on 07/25/2015, 04:34 PM
Quote from: NightWolve on 07/24/2015, 07:23 PMOh, I see, you added a cover and rolled the dice with an auction. Guess word hasn't gotten around to those big spenders though about its problems with US TG-16 consoles and what not. :/ You got them $63 each (+$5 S/H) then wholesale (whole order of 10 for about $680?), but yeah, that's what every other retailer is setting the markup to, $79.

EDIT: Wait... Well, upon further review, I do not like this reseller... Thumbs down... Because if I bought from him and I ever found out the link to retrogate's store, I would be pretty f--king pissed I paid $170 (and counting) cause I fought in an auction for something available at retail for consistent price, even with the $20+ plastic shell... He is effectively withholding information, no links to krik... That's what it is... Have to call it like it is... This method knowingly relies upon low-information big spenders and their ignorance...

I would contact the top bidder right now if I could... I don't like it when I get ripped off, don't like to see it happen to others either.
Except I didn't mark anything up. I started the auction at $79. So you don't like me because people bid up my auctions. OK... I actually make tons of information freely available online, whether it be how to make 3D shells or the SD card setups themselves so you can hardly blame me for a lack of info online:
  • How to make an $11 3D printed shell
  • How to modify V1 shells for V2 - the only explanation online
  • Complete SD card setups - Google SmokeMonster (These are copy and paste setups that have dozens of hours invested in finding verified sources for roms that are TED-compatible. This required testing every single game because TED is quite picky about headers)
Also, I received a response from Krikzz about the v2.2 fiasco today and he has a fix ready but we'll have to return our v2.2s to him to have the FPGA re-flashed. If you need this update, send your TEDs back to him using this form: http://krikzz.com/return_form.txt
No, I stand by everything I said - it's accurate. You paid the wholesale rate, so you got 'em at $63 each plus shipping just like we did with the group buy. Your markup is no better than anybody else by starting it at $79 except that you added the plastic shell which is a $11-20 value (depends) - so it's more defensible of a markup, that's fine! And the full copy+paste ROM collection is freely available by us here and elsewhere, so that really shouldn't have added more value. However, it's your *intentional* omission of information that is the problem!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Turbo-EverDrive-V2-2-TurboGrafx-16-PC-Engine-Custom-Shell-8GB-SD/321809395098

So now the auction is over and a big-spending fool dropped $359 (because of his competitor counterpart fool - 2 or more fools) all because of ignorance, lacking information in your auction and so forth... You did prey on them, it was not in your interest to refer them to where these items can consistently be purchased at the same price and where to go for a plastic cover... So yeah, thumbs down on you... This is my polite "reseller roast" BTW, I don't want Nulltard accusing me of being a conductor on a hate train. ;)

At another level, you don't want krik seeing the results of these big-spenders cause then he might just decide to say, "Well, these PCE guys got fat wallets, I guess I can raise my prices some more and they'll pay out like they should..."

Anyway, congrats on a $359 big win!

EDIT: I guess it does beg the question, why did you waste Tucci's time by joining our group buy ?? That's another shipment he had to make, and another slight loss on S/H he took being generous to PCE/PCEFX members... He was already taking a loss shipping to us being a nice guy by $1-2 bucks each, and that was before the whole mix up, which added more shipping costs to him... In other words, he charged nothing for his time, but also donated some to shipping costs. I guess you got the reselling idea later, but still, you wasted his time and money on a buddy deal for yours...

NightWolve

You don't need an 8 GB microSD card though, that's wasteful, a 2 GB is overkill as well, and that's only $1 with shipping from China or $2-3 bucks retail at say a MicroCenter or other computer stores... But yeah, plenty of low-information big-spending nuts to cash in on it seems... :/

NightWolve

billygoins is his eBay ID ? Heh. Quite a character that ole wmac... I recognize his writing in the listing details, guess it's him. ;)

jtucci31

I expect the same answer from SmokeMonster yet again, "I just listed the auction at $79" :roll:

NightWolve

Which he said is not a markup, but it is! Heh. Anyway, that's not the criticism, that's everybody's markup after paying $63 each at wholesale rates when ordering 10+. He added a microSD card and a plastic shell, so his $79 resale markup starter is very good! However, the deliberate omission of information in the auction is where the issue lies! So once this $359 auction "winner" finds out that he could've purchased it for $79 retail right from the source, and that plastic shell is anywhere from $10 to $25, he's gonna be pretty pissed!

SmokeMonster is a predator of low-information big-spending fools and I also don't get why he wasted Tucci's time on the buddy deal for one flashcart from our group buy... If the auction linked to krik's shopping website, then all bidders would've had access to more information about the product's features as well as what it consistently retails for. But if he did that, he risked them not paying out like the fools that they are... So yeah, thumbs down!

NecroPhile

Fuck the buyers.  If they're too stupid to use google, they deserve to get raped.

sirhcman

Quote from: NightWolve on 07/29/2015, 11:43 AMI also don't get why he wasted Tucci's time on the buddy deal for one flashcart from our group buy...
He actually bought two everdrives from Joe

SmokeMonster

People bid up my item, and you blame me. I get that.

Quote from: NightWolve on 07/29/2015, 11:43 AMWhich he said is not a markup, but it is!
I said about ten times that I started the auction at retail, which is 20% over wholesale. If I say it again jtucci's head is going to explode.

Quote from: NightWolve on 07/29/2015, 11:43 AMIf the auction linked to krik's shopping website, then all bidders would've had access to more information about the product's features as well as what it consistently retails for.
"Krikzz.com" appeared front and center in three of the auction's pictures and literally every Google search for Everdrive takes you to their source.

Quote from: guest on 07/29/2015, 12:11 PMHe actually bought two everdrives from Joe
You don't even bother to read my posts, you just want a monster. I'll be it. Martyr me.

jtucci31

NightWolve

Quote from: SmokeMonster on 07/29/2015, 03:32 PMPeople bid up my item, and you blame me. I get that.
What info you choose to omit (as well as include) in an auction/sale can be just as important to maximize profit.

Quote from: SmokeMonster on 07/29/2015, 03:32 PM
Quote from: NightWolve on 07/29/2015, 11:43 AMWhich he said is not a markup, but it is!
I said about ten times that I started the auction at retail, which is 20% over wholesale. If I say it again jtucci's head is going to explode.
I'm referring to what you told me. You said this:
Quote from: SmokeMonster on 07/25/2015, 04:34 PMExcept I didn't mark anything up. I started the auction at $79.
If I buy it at $63 wholesale, then resell at $79, that is a $16 markup. However, you include a plastic shell and microSD card, so compared to other resellers and krik himself, that's a good deal starting off... My criticism is NOT in your markup, so nevermind that. It's the omission of links, further info, etc. and thus relying upon some ignorance of potential bidders and it got you a very nice result from a profit standpoint...

Quote"Krikzz.com" appeared front and center in three of the auction's pictures and literally every Google search for Everdrive takes you to their source.
There's no linking to him or further information in the listing. It's merely coincidental that krik printed his website on the flashcart and you have to zoom in to see it. You wouldn't have added the link for the bidder if it wasn't there of course. Nothing about the cheapness of the plastic shells is linked to or mentioned either, so the bidders could've thought that made it as valuable as they were willing to pay. They also might've thought it's hard to collect ROMs which many will give away for free, etc. So yeah, you profited on a lack of information and ignorance on the bidders...

My rating for you is still... Thumbs down. ;)

sirhcman

Quote from: SmokeMonster on 07/29/2015, 03:32 PMYou don't even bother to read my posts, you just want a monster. I'll be it. Martyr me.
I did read your post, how do you think I know you got two? Regardless, I was correcting NightWolve since he mentioned you only purchased one in the group buy. Just wanted to keep the facts straight for you

esteban

SmokeMonster:

You are slimy. I don't like you. Why?

Because you prey on ignorance.

You know who preys on ignorance?

Assholes. Douchebags. Car Salesmen.

IT MAY BE DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND, considering what a sleazy, unctuous car-salesman you are, BUT TAKING ADVANTAGE OF SOMEONE reflects more on YOUR ETHICS than on another's stupidity.

ANYONE WHO EXCUSES  your selling practices is also a douchebag (sorry guys) because whether or not a buyer is ignorant/stupid is IMMATERIAL, because I judge a seller by the seller's actions.

I am sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings, but you are clueless if you think you can excuse ASSHOLERY by blaming the ignorance of a buyer.

JUDGE A PERSON BY HIS/HER ACTIONS.

I practice what I preach: that is why I've called many of you douchebags.

I am also melting at the public pool (Jesus it is an inferno out here) and I am feeling particularly trollish/angry.

My kids don't want to go home. So I am just gonna get crankier

And crankier.

esteban

Hahjahahhahhjaj. If only that were creamy and cold, it would be so refreshing now!

NecroPhile

I wouldn't say a sleazy used car salesman is entirely analagous, as he's not turning back the odometer or otherwise misrepresenting what's for sale.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 07/29/2015, 04:09 PMI wouldn't say a sleazy used car salesman is entirely analagous, as he's not turning back the odometer or otherwise misrepresenting what's for sale.
Oh, that distinction doesn't matter: I can tell what a person is like, ethically, based on the pattern of their actions and (in this case) selfish motives. SmokeMaster is not much different than the slime who try to scam the elderly, preying on their ignorance. See my example below :)

FOR EXAMPLE: Imagine that the buyer backs out of the deal. Does this somehow make the seller LESS of a douchebag?

ANSWER: Hell no. The seller is still a douchebag, because he absolutely would have proceeded with the transaction, had it been possible.

NecroPhile

And if there was only one bidder and it sold for $79, would he be the same douchebag?  Or what if he sent it out with a blank SD card and a cover made out of an old matchbook cover, would it still not matter?  You make no sense.

NightWolve

It's the general sin of omission that you see by resellers for me. I grew up hating resellers in my teens because I live near a small Korea town section which also has many Indian wholesale businesses that would let me shop there illegally. One business that deals in hand tools sold me 24" pipe wrenches for $10 flat while at the local Ace hardware the markup was $79 bucks... Those wrenches were very useful to me and got me out of jams many times, so I was very thankful. I also used to hang around a resale shop having befriended the owners, one of which was shady, so I watched the "buy low/sell high" method at work for a long time... Just as an aside, I don't have the personality to do that kind of living, it makes me feel icky...

Anyway, to your point, since he omits much in his listing, it's an indicator that he wants a bidding/buying population as uninformed/ignorant as possible because that equals more payoff. That reflects on his character as a reseller. I think a truly honest/forthright reseller should've linked both to krik and info on the plastic shell in the listing, etc. Less omission and more information instead. So then regardless of the outcome, one bid for $79 or crazies ending it at $359, I couldn't levy any criticism against him - it'd be all at the bidders...

NightWolve

esteban

Quote from: guest on 07/29/2015, 04:29 PMAnd if there was only one bidder and it sold for $79, would he be the same douchebag?  Or what if he sent it out with a blank SD card and a cover made out of an old matchbook cover, would it still not matter?  You make no sense.
Like I said, it is not difficult to discern a person's ethics, given the info we have.

I am not going to concern myself with every gradation of douchebaggery when the general category "douchebag" is sufficient.

I, of course, am not preventing you from distinguishing the lite-,minor-, medium, major-, ultra-, etc. gradations of douchebaggery.

They are all douchebags.

Or, if you prefer—"slimy", as in "unethical"...

As in...I can't trust you. You crossed the line. It doesn't matter if only your selfish little toe crossed it, but you did something that an ethical person would not do.

You see?

I don't use douchebag lightly.

I don't use asshole lightly, either.

SmokeMonster

There was nothing unethical about my auction. I put a nice package together, listed the auction at the correct price, and lots of people bid the hell out of it past. Anything else that you add to the interpretation is your own personal baggage.

If anyone wants to buy the two group buy v2.2s that I got, they're yours for $65/shipped (what I paid). I'll also include a free V2-fitted 3D printed shell for them (no SD card). This is simply out of respect to jtucci, who was generous enough to put it together. I don't want anyone to feel like I took their place in the group buy because I later went on to place my own wholesale order. PM me if you want one or both of them.

esteban

Quote from: SmokeMonster on 07/30/2015, 01:02 AMThere was nothing unethical about my auction. I put a nice package together, listed the auction at the correct price, and lots of people bid the hell out of it past. Anything else that you add to the interpretation is your own personal baggage.

If anyone wants to buy the two group buy v2.2s that I got, they're yours for $65/shipped (what I paid). I'll also include a free V2-fitted 3D printed shell for them (no SD card). This is simply out of respect to jtucci, who was generous enough to put it together. I don't want anyone to feel like I took their place in the group buy because I later went on to place my own wholesale order. PM me if you want one or both of them.
YOUR SELLING PRACTICE is unethical:

(1) YOU WERE SELLING ROMS, and don't try to claim otherwise.

(2) YOU PREY ON IGNORANCE, and don't try to claim otherwise.

(3) I could go on, but I'll stop.

Own up to it. I have more respect for someone who is honest about their selling tactics and motives than someone who tries to make up bullshit.

I will still condemn your slimy tactics, but at least you are not pretending to be an honest, ethical seller.

FOR THE CONFUSED:
There are many industries/selling practices that I find unethical, yet they are still completely "legal" in the United States, at least.

I ABSOLUTELY ABHOR when sellers prey on a person's FEARS, INSECURITIES, IGNORANCE, etc. (diet/exercise programs, get rich quick infomercials, herbal supplements, etc etc)...

...you can imagine what I think of people involved in marketing products aimed at children...

Opethian

you don't own the roms
you cant sell them period even if you "include them at no cost!"

your damage control sucks you should have stuck to the story where you wanted to break even with everdrives by flipping them with your shells and stickers. That's a good excuse. You trying to come up with an answer for every attack reveals more your motive in the first place.
IMG

SmokeMonster

Quote from: Opethian on 07/30/2015, 09:25 AMYou trying to come up with an answer for every attack reveals more your motive in the first place.
I haven't changed any story, and responding with the fact that I started an auction is tiring everyone.