@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

The RetroClarity (Component Video Adaptor) re-kickstarter now live!!!!

Started by turbokon, 05/30/2015, 07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turbokon

Plug and play component video adaptor for most retrogaming consoles.  Kickstarter is now live so please support us at:

kickstarter.com/projects/the-retroclarity-component-ypbpr-video-adaptor
IMG
IMG

Youtube video's:

Main Kickstarter video:
Video showing systems auto switching:
Video comparison of composite and component via retroclarity:
Edit: Added Kickstarter links and videos.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

mickcris

Just wondering, does this require a TG16 or PCE to be hooked up all the time?  Or does it have an option to plug in an AC adapter to power the component board.  If it needs a TG16 or PCE to power it, you may be limiting your buyers.

edit:
never-mind, dumb question as there is power on the other consoles av port.  just looked like it was piggybacking in the pictures.

CrackTiger

I suggest getting a nice logo designed and have some shiny labels printed for it.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

turbokon

Quote from: guest on 05/30/2015, 09:37 PMI suggest getting a nice logo designed and have some shiny labels printed for it.
That's the plan. The finish product will have some sort of label on it.

www.tg16pcemods.com

thesteve

it does power input switching
can be connected to any or all at once, auto-selected inputs

roflmao

This is looking awesome! Is there any way for it to work with any of the CD-based obey setups? I have a TG/CD, US Duo and PCE Briefcase but it doesn't appear that this would work for any of them... Is that a possibility in a future revision?

turbokon

Quote from: guest on 05/31/2015, 10:30 AMThis is looking awesome! Is there any way for it to work with any of the CD-based obey setups? I have a TG/CD, US Duo and PCE Briefcase but it doesn't appear that this would work for any of them... Is that a possibility in a future revision?
Thanks rolfmao:). It's possible to mod the cd systems to work with the RetroClarity.  The duo's and super cd attachment are an easy mods, it just needs the din8 installed (replace the stock din5) to carry the rgb signals.  The ifu and tg dock are a little more complicated but certainly doable.

www.tg16pcemods.com

Gredler

esteban

Quote from: turbokon on 05/31/2015, 12:35 PM
Quote from: guest on 05/31/2015, 10:30 AMThis is looking awesome! Is there any way for it to work with any of the CD-based obey setups? I have a TG/CD, US Duo and PCE Briefcase but it doesn't appear that this would work for any of them... Is that a possibility in a future revision?
Thanks rolfmao:). It's possible to mod the cd systems to work with the RetroClarity.  The duo's and super cd attachment are an easy mods, it just needs the din8 installed (replace the stock din5) to carry the rgb signals.  The ifu and tg dock are a little more complicated but certainly doable.
Is the SuperCD a challenging mod? I know it's a Din5, too, but I don't know the interior physical layout of the console, either.

Plus, I have to recap all my consoles. I'm dead.

turbokon

Esteban, it's a fairly straight forward mod on the super cd attachment.  It's similar to the duo's.  All you do is remove the stock din5 and replace it with Din8.  Wire the rgb from hu6260 into the three extra pins on the din8.

www.tg16pcemods.com

NightWolve

turbokon

Quote from: NightWolve on 06/02/2015, 10:43 PMRound 2... Good luck!
Thanks Night, the new kickstarter should go live this weekend.  We are just waiting on a couple of video's.

www.tg16pcemods.com

CrackTiger

I think that it would be a good idea to film a prototype with the component/stereo jacks lined up straight along the back and with at least a one-off current revision label on it. Also, saying that it works without being hooked up to a TG-16 and listing compatible consoles unfortunately won't be clear enough for some people. I'd at least include a montage of quick clips of each console running the box individually as well as good shots of a TV screen showing the clarity for each console's games. When zooming in to show the image quality, try to pick games that have spots when everything on screen is still or stays still when paused. That Sonic title screen shit in the other thread had motion blur and didn't show well enough how sharp the image actually is.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Arkhan Asylum

Did you guys fix the name yet.   Retro Clarity still sounds terrible.    It sounds like a VHS remastering device.

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

turbokon

Quote from: guest on 06/03/2015, 01:44 PMDid you guys fix the name yet.   Retro Clarity still sounds terrible.    It sounds like a VHS remastering device.
Haha, RetroClarity is what we settled on unless you can come up with something for us:)

www.tg16pcemods.com

esteban

Quote from: turbokon on 06/03/2015, 02:27 PM
Quote from: guest on 06/03/2015, 01:44 PMDid you guys fix the name yet.   Retro Clarity still sounds terrible.    It sounds like a VHS remastering device.
Haha, RetroClarity is what we settled on unless you can come up with something for us:)
RetroClear
RetroClearasil
RetroStridex

Gredler

If I were a betting man I'd put money on the benefits of using buzz words like "Pixel" "HD", and weasel words like "Perfect" "Clean" "Ultra" "Elite".

The Perfect Pixel HD is born.

Arkhan Asylum

But then it sounds like some goony nonsense

ID CALL IT THE COMPONENT BOOSTER
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

thesteve

turbokon

Quote from: guest on 06/04/2015, 02:49 PMBut then it sounds like some goony nonsense

I like that too.  Oh well too much work now to change to The Component Booster now.

www.tg16pcemods.com

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: turbokon on 06/06/2015, 09:24 AM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 06/04/2015, 02:49 PMBut then it sounds like some goony nonsense

I like that too.  Oh well too much work now to change to The Component Booster now.
I mentioned it on FB when people were asking about names.   lol

turbokon

www.tg16pcemods.com

turbokon

Added kickstarter links and video's to beginning of post.

www.tg16pcemods.com

turbokon

I reached out to a few youtube guys and one of them responded to my surprise.  Looks like the guys in My Life In Gaming might give us a mention in one of their upcoming episode.  Really cool guys:)

"Really like what you're doing with this - is a different approach that what HD Retrovision is doing, but I love the box with the different dongles. And of course TG-16 compatibility is a huge bonus as well since you're essentially going from a RF only system to a component.

When it launches we'd be happy to tweet it out and share it around - if it makes sense for whatever episode we might be working on at the time, we'll stick a mention in there too.

Let us know when the kickstarter goes live, the video its a massive improvement over the last one as well!"

www.tg16pcemods.com

jtucci31

Good luck with this one! I don't really have a use for this but I'll donate just to get the cool keychain :)

turbokon

Quote from: guest on 06/08/2015, 12:04 AMGood luck with this one! I don't really have a use for this but I'll donate just to get the cool keychain :)
That would be awesome:). Any support will be greatly appreciated.

www.tg16pcemods.com

turbokon

www.tg16pcemods.com

turbokon

We're off to a great start on the new kickstarter but we still have a way to go with 27 days remaining.  So please pledged any amount you can:)

www.tg16pcemods.com

turbokon

Ok guys, 3 weeks to go and we're only at 12% of the goal.  If you guys want to see this succeed, we'll need your support.  Any amount will be greatly appreciate.  Only two left for the tiny turbo rewards.

www.tg16pcemods.com

turbokon

www.tg16pcemods.com

turbokon

I just sent one of our prototype boxes to the guys over at my life in gaming to get some publicity.  They plan todemo it against the hdretrovision on their August episode.

www.tg16pcemods.com

thesteve

Gentlegamer

Quote from: turbokon on 06/03/2015, 02:27 PM
Turbo Graphics
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

esteban

turbokon

Hehe:)

Added video link of composite vs component via retroclarity.

www.tg16pcemods.com

turbokon

Ok fellows, a few things I would like to address regarding our current retroclarity kickstarter.  I'm very passionate and excited about this project.  First we would like to apologize for the bad comparision screen shots between the composite and component video.  The screen shots doesn't do the retroclarity justice.  We were using the roxio gamecap hd which capture 240p component but in a dark tint.  After adjusting the color in the roxio editing software setting, it makes component video looks washed out.  We are currently playing around with some other capture device.  So far we have tried the elgato game capture hd but it didn't do 240p over component.

Secondly, the retroclarity is not meant to replace up-scalers such as the xrgb fremeister but rather a middle ground solution at a 1/3 of the price of a fremeister.  It's a stand along device that provide easy connectivity, adds zero lag, multi systems support up to three simultaneously with auto switching between systems.  It can also be used in conjunction with the xrgb fremeister.  In fact the YouTube guys over at my life in gaming have one of our prototype boxes in their hands and can confirm it's as clean and sharp as rgb through the fremeister.  If any of you guys are in the Pennsylvania area,  the guys from my life in gaming might talk about or possibly demo our retroclarity in their first-ever panel at Too Many Games convention in Pennsylvania next weekend, June 26th to 28th.

Lastly, saying 100% of hdtv's doesn't support 240p is utterly false.  More HDTV support 240p then you think.  I have four HDTV's, two sony's (42" and 52"), one Samsung (32") and one Phillips (19") all work with 240p component.  I didn't specifically just look for hdtv's that works with 240p when I bought them, I brought them (except for the phillips which I bought last year) way before we even started working on the component encoder that we are using in the retroclarity.   

Again the retroclarity uses our custom designed rgb to component encoder boards thats already been proven out in the fields for the last couple of years.  We're just now putting it in a simply plug and play solution with multi systems support where else the hdretrovision cables are only for one system connectivity.

www.tg16pcemods.com

CrackTiger

How do you get the Framemeister to accept component video? Everything I've read has said that it's the one type of source it can't take.

turbokon

Quote from: guest on 06/20/2015, 05:39 PMHow do you get the Framemeister to accept component video? Everything I've read has said that it's the one type of source it can't take.
It wasn't me that tested it with the framemeister, it was the guys at my life in gaming.  I believe it comes with a component input adapter.

www.tg16pcemods.com

Arkhan Asylum

All XRGBS accept component over D-Terminal-thingies.   The framemeister has donglies, and my friend uses his PSP on it

NightWolve

https://www.facebook.com/groups/444560212348840?view=permalink&id=541038996034294

Case anybody's wondering, turbokon is reacting to a European mocking/ridiculing the idea of RetroClarity on a Facebook group. He seemed to think he spoke for most HDTV sets and that they reject a 240p video signal when using the green Luma/Y jack in YPbPr mode. Nevermind that the product is technically not relevant to Europe since they had the SCART RGB standard. You care about RGB output there, YPbPr is mostly a US standard.

PCEngineHell

Thought I'd chime in to point out your RGB to component boards do work with the DVDO iScan Pro also. So something like a LCD TV with component or VGA in, that doesn't normally support 240P, that could be paired with a cheaper iScan Pro to add better 240P support.

turbokon

Quote from: NightWolve on 06/21/2015, 07:36 AMhttps://www.facebook.com/groups/444560212348840?view=permalink&id=541038996034294

Case anybody's wondering, turbokon is reacting to a European mocking/ridiculing the idea of RetroClarity on a Facebook group. He seemed to think he spoke for most HDTV sets and that they reject a 240p video signal when using the green Luma/Y jack in YPbPr mode. Nevermind that the product is technically not relevant to Europe since they had the SCART RGB standard. You care about RGB output there, YPbPr is mostly a US standard.
Night,  that was just one attack I fended off.  Last weekend was even a harsher one on the 8-bit and 16-bit facebook group.  The admin took it down after a few post.  It started on my post.

www.tg16pcemods.com

turbokon

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 06/21/2015, 12:05 PMThought I'd chime in to point out your RGB to component boards do work with the DVDO iScan Pro also. So something like a LCD TV with component or VGA in, that doesn't normally support 240P, that could be paired with a cheaper iScan Pro to add better 240P support.
Thanks professor, I'll check this out it.

www.tg16pcemods.com

CrackTiger

I figured out some more stuff with my framemeister and game capture hd this morning. Here are a few comparison screenshots taken from the Retro Clarity's component board installed in a PCE GT and composite recorded from an IFU.

IMG
IMG

IMG
IMG

IMG
IMG

turbokon

Quote from: guest on 06/21/2015, 02:04 PMI figured out some more stuff with my framemeister and game capture hd this morning. Here are a few comparison screenshots taken from the Retro Clarity's component board installed in a PCE GT and composite recorded from an IFU.

IMG IMG

IMG IMG

IMG IMG
Looks good, is that with a roxio or elgato?

www.tg16pcemods.com

CrackTiger