RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

What are the prices in Japan for these Titles?

Started by gbapalyer, 06/24/2015, 03:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbapalyer

hi,

i need some help about prices for these games:

Wizardry 1+2
Wizardry 3+4
Wizardry 5
Forgotten Worlds
Sylphia
Madou Monogatari
Image Fight
Image Fight II
Nexzr
Spriggan Mark 2
Gunhed
Aero Blasters
Aldynes
Override
Terra Cresta II
Out Live
Faussete Amour
Steam Hearts
Gradius I
Gradius II
1941 Counter Attack
Cyber Knight
Formation Armed F
Genpei Toumaden
Genpei Toumaden II
Ninja Spirit
Psychic Storm
Psycho Chaser
Janshin Densetsu
Rayxanber II
Rayxanber III

i plan to buy a lot of titles this august but i need to know the actual going rate and if its difficult to get these games in akiba or osaka.

gbapalyer
Currently playing:   (Started  . Feb. 2013)

SuperDeadite

You shouldn't have any trouble finding all of those in Tokyo.  Though prices won't be cheap.  The retro game stores mostly cater to tourists these days and they price accordingly.  Sylphia and Madou will be the most expensive games on the list.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

gbapalyer

how much yen should i expect for madou and sylphia?
Currently playing:   (Started  . Feb. 2013)

Opethian

1941 wont be cheap either probably near ¥30000
IMG

wilykat

Ouch.  That's more than a CIB TurboExpress!

imparanoic

sorry, I mean google translate then google

you get a good indication of prices

or try this Japanese ebay seller US$1 start on all items  ( apart from 50-100 games bulk purchase)

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Used-Video-Game-Yamatoku-Classic/PC-Engine-/_i.html?rt=nc&_fsub=3435710015&_sid=32806015&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1581&_pgn=2

SuperDeadite

1941 isn't too bad.  I'd say 15-20,000 is still doable if you look around.  Due to it being SuperGrafx the demand just isn't there really.  What is a pain in the ass is finding one with the slipcover in good condition, almost all of them are faded and roughed up quite a bit.

Sylphia with spiner is probably around 30-40,000 these days.  Often priced higher then Sapphire.  Madou I think 25,000 is still easy enough to find again as it doesn't really have a strong following, but it is probably the one you will have to look the hardest for to actually find.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

egg_sanwich

This is what I paid for these titles in Japan in the past couple months. Most were at major game stores (Mandarake, Super Potato, etc.), and all were in cases.

Gunhed: 3500yen
Out Live: 700yen
Gradius 2: 1400yen
Castlevania Dracula X: 10500yen

Hope that helps!

ClodBusted

Even two years ago I found it funny to see that Gunhed was 3 times more expensive than Blazing Lazers. It's usually the other way around with PCE vs TG-16 games, isn't it?

esteban

Quote from: guest on 06/26/2015, 03:03 AMEven two years ago I found it funny to see that Gunhed was 3 times more expensive than Blazing Lazers. It's usually the other way around with PCE vs TG-16 games, isn't it?
I think Blazing Lazers actually had a larger production run.

I'm not 100% certain, so keep that in mind.

However, I think it is very credible to argue that the reason why Wataru sells for more $$$ is because the production run of Keith Courage was much, much larger (pack-in for TG-16). So, even some early non-pack-in games, especially one of the early HuCards, NEC might have had high expectations on potential sales in North America. Blazing Lazers would make that shortlist (for me, anyway).

This was before NEC realized that TG-16/games were not selling as hoped. Blazing Lazers NOS (new old stock) was shipped off to Europe (PAL TG), I believe. I can't recall if BL NOS was rebadged for Korea (Vistar).

Anyway, the point is NEC was sitting on lots of unsold games.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

cabbage

Quote from: esteban on 06/26/2015, 06:45 AMI can't recall if BL NOS was rebadged for Korea (Vistar).
It was.
Another game that seems to be more expensive on PCE is Ninja Spirit.

On topic, I don't have any personal experience with Tokyo prices. Maybe they are similar to those here in Seoul. Terra Cresta II will probably be pricy (I'm guessing at least 20000 yen). Spriggan Mark 2, perhaps 5000-6000. Psychic Storm should be 2000 still (or hopefully a bit less), about the same with Image Fight. The Wizardry games are probably 500-1000 each. I hope you can still find a lot of games on your list for decent prices; it seems like Japan is getting really expensive for PCE games recently...

bob

I havent given it much thought, but are there any PCE games that are more expensive than the USA counterpart?

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: agent_orange on 06/28/2015, 09:40 AMI havent given it much thought, but are there any PCE games that are more expensive than the USA counterpart?
Parasol Stars comes into mind, though I'm not sure why.