OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Best Japanese-to-English Mistranslations? (aka ENGRISH)

Started by Psycho Punch, 07/30/2015, 11:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psycho Punch

The recent upload on Cinemassacre inspired me to do this thread. Basically, post any unintentional funny sentences inside japanese games (or localizations) made in broken english.

The game that inspired the thread:
Bakutoshi Patton-Kun (FDS 1988): "flip the fucking diskette already"

IMG IMG

Download (PCE 1990): "Future 2099. Technology is kings. One man can not fuck this up."

IMG IMG
IMG

The Screamer (NEC PC88 1984): The woman character was named "Nazi". Bonknuts' avatar is from this game.

IMG

Zero Wing (Genesissy 1991): AHAHAHA ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US AHHAHAHAHA shut up about it already

IMG

Samurai Shodown (Neo-Geo): NEO-GEO_COM_plus50_CLUB_hi-res_sig.png(5000x5000 px)

IMG

post more
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Opethian

IMG

ToyMachine78

Everytime you defeat a boss and complete a stage in Psychic Storm it says....

You shooted it down!

Stand by now!

Lol

Psycho Punch

Quote from: guest on 07/30/2015, 05:22 PMEverytime you defeat a boss and complete a stage in Psychic Storm it says....

You shooted it down!

Stand by now!

Lol
Come on toymachine, no screenshots?

Samurai-Ghost (TG-16 1992): ...what a pity you are.
IMG IMG
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!

ToyMachine78

Quote from: Psycho Punch on 07/30/2015, 05:33 PM
Quote from: guest on 07/30/2015, 05:22 PMEverytime you defeat a boss and complete a stage in Psychic Storm it says....

You shooted it down!

Stand by now!

Lol
Come on toymachine, no screenshots?

Samurai-Ghost (TG-16 1992): ...what a pity you are.
IMG IMG
Sorry... Didn't feel like firing it up at the moment

Psycho Punch

No problem lol, I just wanted to follow your post with more screenshots. Thanks for the suggestion,

Die Hard (NES 1989): pardner

IMG

SuperPlay

One that has always made me smile since the 90s is from Samurai Showdown II (Neo Geo)

IMG

Still a better translation from Japanese that I could manage :wink:

DragonmasterDan

--DragonmasterDan

wilykat

Ultima Exodus for NES: "I am ashamed of my crines"

Guess they didn't have spellchecker in late 80's

CrackTiger

Ys III for Genesis has you using the healing harb.

Darius II arcade ending where they return to the Pranet of Darius. The other ending which begins with "What a matter!'
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

NightWolve

Quote from: Psycho Punch on 07/30/2015, 11:13 AMSamurai Shodown (Neo-Geo): NEO-GEO_COM_plus50_CLUB_hi-res_sig.png(5000x5000 px)

IMG
Aaah, so that's where that came from! Great thread idea!

Psycho Punch

Quote from: SuperPlay on 07/30/2015, 06:15 PMOne that has always made me smile since the 90s is from Samurai Showdown II (Neo Geo)

IMG

Thanks for posting, anyone posting pics and anecdotes have the LOOK OF A HERO !!

Last Battle (Genesis 1989): Farewell!!! *awkward pause* AARZAK!

IMGIMGIMG

seieienbu

I always liked the ending to Ghosts and Goblins.

IMG

Congratulation indeed, Capcom.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

ClodBusted

Tron, what's that game?

And besides, what are some of the other games shown but no name mentioned?

Great thread by the way.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 07/31/2015, 03:02 AMTron, what's that game?

And besides, what are some of the other games shown but no name mentioned?

Great thread by the way.
Aero Fighters 2
Sonic Wings 2
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NecroPhile

Dungeon Explorer: play as the Harmet (née Hermit).
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

NightWolve

NecroPhile

Quote from: NightWolve on 07/31/2015, 10:48 AMDepends... What happens over at his private beach ??
Loose seals wearing yellow ribbons?

TR0N

Quote from: NightWolve on 07/31/2015, 10:48 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 07/31/2015, 02:35 AMIMG
Depends... What happens over at his private beach ??
Probably mating season  :roll: Ya gotta love aero fighters 2&3 for there engrish.Unless video system were just having fun with it's silly story.
IMG

ccovell

Quote from: TR0N on 08/01/2015, 08:14 AM... 2&3 for there engrish.Unless video system were just having fun with it's silly story.
Both singular and plural possessives mangled in a single post.  Truly ironic for an Engrish thread.

Opethian

Quote from: Psycho Punch on 07/30/2015, 09:05 PM
Quote from: SuperPlay on 07/30/2015, 06:15 PMOne that has always made me smile since the 90s is from Samurai Showdown II (Neo Geo)

IMG

Thanks for posting, anyone posting pics and anecdotes have the LOOK OF A HERO !!

Last Battle (Genesis 1989): Farewell!!! *awkward pause* AARZAK!

IMG IMGIMG
Last Battle makes zero sense without the hokuto no ken storyline
IMG

esteban

Psycho Punch

Gams only here Esteban.

IMG

esteban

Psycho Punch

NecroPhile

IMG

What's wrong with that?

IMG IMG

Presumably onomatopoeia, so again nothing wrong.

Psycho Punch

I didn't knew beeps made "PI PI PI" and "GA GA GA" sounds... come on you know that it only makes sense if you consider Japanese pronunciation. Quit crapping in my thread ya dick :lol:... OVER. ぴぴぴ

。。。ががが

Psycho Punch

NAM-1975 (Neo-Geo): See if you can also spot the error in the title screen next time you play it.

IMG Nam1975-titlescreen.png

ParanoiaDragon

IMG

ccovell

Quote from: Psycho Punch on 08/03/2015, 03:01 PMNAM-1975 (Neo-Geo): See if you can also spot the error in the title screen next time you play it.
You mean the hyphen that starts on a new line, rather than ending the previous one? :D

Psycho Punch

Quote from: ccovell on 08/03/2015, 09:43 PM
Quote from: Psycho Punch on 08/03/2015, 03:01 PMNAM-1975 (Neo-Geo): See if you can also spot the error in the title screen next time you play it.
You mean the hyphen that starts on a new line, rather than ending the previous one? :D
lol
Check the SNK copyright notice.
edit: only on JP MVS I guess:
IMG Nam1975-titlescreen.png

SNK Corp Rations, quality MREs and food supplies.

NightWolve

Wow, the arcade version of Bloody Wolf was that bad ??

escarioth

i still find this one funny  :-" .....Bimmy....riiiiiiiiiiight...

IMG
US Hucards     :  86/94 (1 repro)
US CD-games  : 40/44 (3 repros)
total complete with boxes 54/111

SuperDeadite

Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

ParanoiaDragon

IMG[/quote]
Double Dragon Neon, such a great game!  You fight clones named Bimmy & Jammy.  Wish they'd make a sequel but I think someone else recently bought Technos rights.

IMG
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 08/05/2015, 01:31 AMIMG
Double Dragon Neon, such a great game!  You fight clones named Bimmy & Jammy.  Wish they'd make a sequel but I think someone else recently bought Technos rights.

IMG[/quote]
Ahh that miss translation for DDIII it's still a funny joke  :lol:
Also recently arc system works got the rights to double dragon and kuino-kun.
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/12/arc-system-works-acquires-the-rights-to-river-city-ransom-and-double-dragon/

IMG

esteban

TR0N

IMG

NecroPhile

Graveyard ducks can be pretty helpful, unlike those used car lot geese.

Psycho Punch

-edit-

Will post screenshots of some other games soon. This was previously just the text of a game, but I prefer doing a complete post.

TR0N

IMG

o.pwuaioc

That one's iconic. Also, kid me didn't know any better when I read that, and I never thought much of it until years later when I got the internet.

NightWolve

Quote from: TR0N on 08/18/2015, 03:37 AMIMG
Oh, heh, I never thought much of that either at the time.

Quote from: guest on 08/18/2015, 08:34 AMThat one's iconic.
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/You_Spoony_Bard!

And so they intentionally kept it around with future retranslations and other FF titles. Nice!