@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Repro carts

Started by crazydean, 08/04/2015, 03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazydean

So, I'm looking for a black cartridge for my SD2SNES, and I know I can buy a Killer Instinct cart for like $10-$15. But, I've seen a lot of different colored NES cartridges for repro games, etc. Does anyone know where they get these? Do they just order a huge lot as a custom batch, or what? Is it possible to buy just one for NES or SNES?

Thanks in advance.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: crazydean on 08/04/2015, 03:08 PMSo, I'm looking for a black cartridge for my SD2SNES, and I know I can buy a Killer Instinct cart for like $10-$15. But, I've seen a lot of different colored NES cartridges for repro games, etc. Does anyone know where they get these? Do they just order a huge lot as a custom batch, or what? Is it possible to buy just one for NES or SNES?

Thanks in advance.
RetroUSB.com used to sell various colored NES shells. Not sure if they still do.
--DragonmasterDan

wilykat

I think they stopped when Krikzz started selling Everdrives to avoid "helping" the competitor.  So for odd or unusual color, your choice are eBay, local store that sells used games, or can of spray paint. And please don't sacrifice anymore Salamander case for purple Famicom cart shell -_-.

DeshDildo

I don't know of anyone selling colored blank SNES carts but you can check the ones they sell here.  http://www.infiniteneslives.com/snessupplies.php
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

xcrement5x

I have heard that you can do a pretty good job using RIT dye, gloves, and patience.  Never done it personally though.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

SephirothTNH

I've had pretty good experience spray painting cartridges before.  You will lose the texture though.

slinkyturd

Isn't Doom on SNES a red cart?
70/95 US Turbochips

wilykat

Quote from: slinkyturd on 08/05/2015, 01:45 AMIsn't Doom on SNES a red cart?
A $20 red cart -_-

A can of red spray paint is a lot cheaper.

ClodBusted

Paint will show scratches. It will flake of during use if the surface isn't prepared with primer.

Dye would be a more robust solution, but beware, some plastics get damaged in the process. The lighter the plastic and the darker the dye, the better is the result colour-wise.

CrackTiger

Retrogate sells clear red cart shells.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: wilykat on 08/04/2015, 05:05 PMI think they stopped when Krikzz started selling Everdrives to avoid "helping" the competitor.  So for odd or unusual color, your choice are eBay, local store that sells used games, or can of spray paint. And please don't sacrifice anymore Salamander case for purple Famicom cart shell -_-.
That makes sense, they used to sell not just shells but boards and even lockout chips. And they discontinued all of it as they probably generated their own repro selling competitors by providing them with the product to do so.
--DragonmasterDan

crazydean

Quote from: wilykat on 08/04/2015, 05:05 PMI think they stopped when Krikzz started selling Everdrives to avoid "helping" the competitor.  So for odd or unusual color, your choice are eBay, local store that sells used games, or can of spray paint. And please don't sacrifice anymore Salamander case for purple Famicom cart shell -_-.
I am jealous of the Famicom. Their cartridges came in nearly every color you could want.

o.pwuaioc

removed

slinkyturd

Quote from: wilykat on 08/05/2015, 02:01 AM
Quote from: slinkyturd on 08/05/2015, 01:45 AMIsn't Doom on SNES a red cart?
A $20 red cart -_-

A can of red spray paint is a lot cheaper.
"Shits expensive" is not an argument to be made after one enters retro gaming. lol
70/95 US Turbochips

crazydean

What's the general consensus on using a Zelda 2 cartridge? They made a bunch of them, but I would expect a lot of hate for destroying it.

NightWolve

You don't like krik's black SD2SNES shell by chance ?? I bought my SD2SNES on his last Black Friday sale with the shell and while it's nice, the only thing I didn't like is that it's a Super Famicom shell so it can work both on a Japanese and US console which makes it a little smaller for a US SNES... A minor thing, but shouldn't bother most.

SD2SNES-Shell.webp
wayback://shop.krikzz.com/SD2SNES-Rev-F-SD2SNS.htm

Well, I would send an email to krik and ask him to buy just a shell for it, I'm sure he could arrange a special order for you on one add-on item like that. It's normally only a $9 optional add-on when you buy the flashcart itself. I know he doesn't allow purchase directly from his shopping site, so it's something you'd have to ask him in email.

Duo_R

I did a bunch of ever drives using dye paint, it's held up pretty well. Also did some blue. The dye paint kept the texture pretty well too.
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

crazydean

Quote from: NightWolve on 08/07/2015, 02:52 PMYou don't like krik's black SD2SNES shell by chance ?? I bought my SD2SNES on his last Black Friday sale with the shell and while it's nice, the only thing I didn't like is that it's a Super Famicom shell so it can work both on a Japanese and US console which makes it a little smaller for a US SNES... A minor thing, but shouldn't bother most.
I just don't like the Super Famicom shell. There's nothing wrong it. I'm just used to seeing the US SNES cartridge.

NightWolve

Quote from: crazydean on 08/08/2015, 12:07 AMI just don't like the Super Famicom shell. There's nothing wrong it. I'm just used to seeing the US SNES cartridge.
Aha, like me then! Yeah, and if you don't quite center it won't go in as smoothly/properly as it should! Gotcha, yeah, that's what I noticed about it too and didn't like. Oh well, that not bad though - I can live with it...