I suspect another system with a dead HuC6280

Started by DeshDildo, 08/10/2015, 10:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeshDildo

Well I had a bad HuC6280 in a PCE Duo that didn't allow some controller functions and suspect I have one worse off in a TG.

The TG16 unit just won't fire up at all.  With a game inserted I only get a blank yellow screen (I haven't gotten any other color but yellow).  I have cleaned the cart slot thoroughly.  I've checked continuity from each cart pin all over the board.  I have also checked continuity from HuC6280 to many places on the board thanks in part to the service manual.  I have also verified good grounds at pins 7, 16, 21, 48, 58 and 75.  I have also verified voltage to pins 8, 15, 19, 47, 57, and 76.  Voltage at those pins is 4.988 (same at 7805).  I suspect this is all good.

Anything else I should check?  I may toss this board into the dishwasher for shits only because I personally haven't seen one of these boards with so much flux on it from the factory.  Then, if there was no change, I was going to try replacing HuC6280.  Since doing this is such a pain, I just wanted to verify there aren't some other things I should check first.
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

thesteve

If you have a logic probe start checking for data
Check the pins at the 6260 first
Check data at the vram
Without cart check all address pins at the slot

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk