OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Any Ys Collectors here?

Started by RyuHayabusa, 08/14/2015, 08:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RyuHayabusa

Ever since I first played Ys Books I&II on the Turbo CD I've been a huge fan of the series. Something about hearing Adol's Theme during the intro hooked me and I've been collecting Ys items ever since. My goal is to get every game released for the series, period. Thus far I have 29 games and 2 doubles though there are quite a few that have evaded me. I also collect other Ys items, like the DVDs, laserdiscs, soundtracks, art books, etc. Anyone else here a huge fan of the series like me?

IMG
IMG
IMG

Also, I have a couple of doubles that I'd like to sell to put towards other games. They are:

Ys Ancient Ys Vanished - missing booklet - $30
Ys III - Wanderers From Ys - includes booklet - $45

If anyone is interested, let me know.

Opethian

I have the 4LD OVA and a set of playing cards for Ys IV in a tin.
IMG

wildfruit

I have fallen in love with the series. I had vanished omens on master system for years and hardly played it.
Now I have all 3(4) games for PCE and enjoy them thoroughly. I think they are a must for every obey owner. I don't own any memorabilia though.

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: Opethian on 08/14/2015, 08:48 AMI have the 4LD OVA and a set of playing cards for Ys IV in a tin.
I got the 4 LD OVA a few years back and love it. I love all the goodies that comes with it like the calendar, art book, and phone card. Same thing with the MSX2 games. Wanderers From Ys comes with a mouse pad, a stack of color art cards, and other items. Love all that stuff. Haven't seen that Ys IV playing card set before though.

Opethian

Oh yea I forgot I have then MSX Ys games ill take a pic when I get home I don't see any online for it. I think it was just a promotional item.
IMG

NecroPhile

I have Ys I & II and III for Turbob, Ys IV for PCE, Ys VI for PSP, the fancy xseed box sets for Chronicles, Oath in Felghana, Ys Seven, and Memories of Celceta; I don't have anything for other systems, because I don't play any other systems.  As for non-game goodies, I have the DVD OVA, whatever music cds and whatnot that came with the xseed box sets, and my cute lil Adol papercraft figure.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

escarioth

i got some Ys games as well.

-Book of Ys 1&2
(turbografx)
-Wanderers from Ys III (turbografx)
-Ys : The Oath in Felghana (pc + the only true english translation  :-" )
-Ys IV: The Dawn of Ys (Pc-engine)
-Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim (ps2)
-Ys Seven (psp)
-Ys: Memories of Celceta (ps vita)
-Legacy of Ys: Books I & II (nintendo DS)

i also got the anime on dvd ....i remember that i liked it back then...
but its been some years.. should watch it back if it match my memories...hehe
US Hucards     :  86/94 (1 repro)
US CD-games  : 40/44 (3 repros)
total complete with boxes 54/111

RyuHayabusa

Crap, I forgot to grab Legacy of Ys for the DS when I took those pics. So I actually have 29 individual games for the series, plus I have Ys II Eternal, both the Japanese and Korean versions, coming in the mail any day. Anyone here have the US Kyodai release of Ys for Windows? It's the only US game that I'm missing.

o.pwuaioc

removed

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: guest on 08/14/2015, 09:58 AMI only own the three Turbo CDs. I used to own Ys III on Genesis and SNES but got rid of them for the Turbo version. I've contemplated getting Ys VI and VII, but I've got too many unplayed games to really bother expanding more.
If anything give Oath In Felghana a try. It may be the best Ys game of all.

Otaking

Years back I bought a Korean Ys II Eternal for Windows PC. A year or so after I decided to sell it, stuck it on eBay as an auction with a 0.99 start, and people went nuts for it, I had no idea it was sought after. Had loads of buyers messaging me trying to "buy it now" before the auction ended, one of them was Adol.
Anyways just had a look on eBay and there are some up there for sale, don't know why all the fuss with the one I was selling back then. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ys-II-2-Eternal-KOREAN-version-Sealed-VERY-RARE-/231644423976?hash=item35ef156728

I've also got "The Great of Compendium The World of Ys" which is a really nice book.
Same as this one here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ys-Daizensho-w-Map-Guide-Art-Japan-PC-Engine-Book-KD23-/361233137304?hash=item541b2c3e98
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: Otaking on 08/14/2015, 10:11 AMYears back I bought a Korean Ys II Eternal for Windows PC. A year or so after I decided to sell it, stuck it on eBay as an auction with a 0.99 start, and people went nuts for it, I had no idea it was sought after. Had loads of buyers messaging me trying to "buy it now" before the auction ended, one of them was Adol.
Anyways just had a look on eBay and there are some up there for sale, don't know why all the fuss with the one I was selling back then. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ys-II-2-Eternal-KOREAN-version-Sealed-VERY-RARE-/231644423976?hash=item35ef156728

I've also got "The Great of Compendium The World of Ys" which is a really nice book.
Same as this one here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ys-Daizensho-w-Map-Guide-Art-Japan-PC-Engine-Book-KD23-/361233137304?hash=item541b2c3e98
Yeah, I've got one of those Korean versions on the way. I've also been looking at that book. It looks really nice so I may pick it up sometime.

NightWolve

IMG

Sorry, I don't have a shot of my Ys collection without the flipping of the bird part... ;) So that's part of my Ys collection right there. :)

What's not pictured that I also own (like you) is:

Ys BOOK ONE DVD
Ys BOOK TWO DVD
Ys II Castle in the Heavens DVD
Ys: The Ark of Napishtim - by Konami for the PS2
Ys III: Wanderers of Ys - PC Engine CD (Yeah, I'm an Ys fan, so I said what the hell and got it also)

I bought the DVDs used from someone on the Ancient Land of Ys forums many years ago.

I obviously don't own any X.X.XSEED Games titles, never will, and everyone knows why... I will probably attempt to file a lawsuit against them, which I have to get serious about, when I'm in a better financial condition to do so. Win or lose on the merits doesn't matter to me, I want the satisfaction of a legal assistant walking to XSEED's office, handing Ken Berry a court summons and telling him "You've been served..." That would be enough for me! I watched how Agness Kaku remotely handled a lawsuit against Psycho John Schizomaniak of HardcoreGaming 101, so it can be done if you have the will power and are willing to spend the money to do it - you don't have to fly to the location of the target to obtain jurisdiction.

CrackTiger

I love <Dawn of Ys and have every game through that, except the PC version (only have the Mac version). I still picked up some other games and have like 30 books and flyers and misc goods. I've been working on putting together a video series, displaying each item, grouped mainky by series entry. This would include "unboxings" of the old Japanese computer versions, which are loaded with physical items.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: guest on 08/14/2015, 01:48 PMI love <Dawn of Ys and have every game through that, except the PC version (only have the Mac version). I still picked up some other games and have like 30 books and flyers and misc goods. I've been working on putting together a video series, displaying each item, grouped mainky by series entry. This would include "unboxings" of the old Japanese computer versions, which are loaded with physical items.
That sounds like it would be a cool video series. Yeah, the Japanese computer games came with a lot of cool stuff, still do sometimes. Dragon Slayer for the MSX2 for example came with a huge manual, monster manual, and a cloth map. Ys III came with the mouse pad, stack of full color photos, a fold-up cardboard holder for the photos, a large Ys sticker, and a hard-bound manual. One of the cooler things I've seen from later releases is that Ys VI came with a disk with a version of all the earlier Ys games, including Ys I, II, III for the PC-88 I believe and Ys IV and V for the Super Famicom along with a soundtrack.

NightWolve

Quote from: RyuHayabusa on 08/14/2015, 02:26 PMOne of the cooler things I've seen from later releases is that Ys VI came with a disk with a version of all the earlier Ys games, including Ys I, II, III for the PC-88 I believe and Ys IV and V for the Super Famicom along with a soundtrack.
Ah yeah, that's the "~ Ys Complete Works ~ I - V" CD which came with the Limited Edition of Ys VI. Ys I - III are the PC-88 versions with emulator and IV and V are the SNES ROMs merged with whatever SNES emulator they took. It was interesting that Falcom did that.

IMG
IMG

I also have the big Ys VI guide book by Falcom and "Kadokawa Game Collection" - It was a gift from David Shadoff that he found in some Japanese gaming shop on one of his occasional trips there. He also got me one for Falcom's other lesser known games, Zwei!!.

wilykat

Does your Legacy of Ys 1+2 for DS come in extra thick box with music CD?

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: NightWolve on 08/14/2015, 02:47 PM
Quote from: RyuHayabusa on 08/14/2015, 02:26 PMOne of the cooler things I've seen from later releases is that Ys VI came with a disk with a version of all the earlier Ys games, including Ys I, II, III for the PC-88 I believe and Ys IV and V for the Super Famicom along with a soundtrack.
Ah yeah, that's the "~ Ys Complete Works ~ I - V" CD which came with the Limited Edition of Ys VI. Ys I - III are the PC-88 versions with emulator and IV and V are the SNES ROMs merged with whatever SNES emulator they took. It was interesting that Falcom did that.
Yeah, that's it. I was kinda shocked when I popped it in and saw the Super Famicom games since V was done by Tonkin House. It's a damn shame that Dawn of Ys has been ignored since it's so much better than Mask of the Sun. Even the Ys Art Book released recently by Udon omits Dawn of Ys, I guess since they couldn't get the rights from Hudson.

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: wilykat on 08/14/2015, 02:48 PMDoes your Legacy of Ys 1+2 for DS come in extra thick box with music CD?
No, unfortunately I don't have the version though I've seen it before.

NecroPhile

Quote from: NightWolve on 08/14/2015, 01:26 PMIMG
:lol:

Even your tablecloth/rug/whatever looks kinda Ys-y, like the screen border or something.  :mrgreen:

BlueBMW

If any of you Ys collectards want some more Ys stuff...  $80 shipped will get you these two little guys :)  The Ys 3 has all sorts of cool extras like a mousepad and artbook thingy (much like the MSX version)

/ys_zps5ibvd3fv.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

NightWolve

Ah, the ole Sharp X68000 also had Ys grace its presence. :)

Quote from: guest
:lol:
Even your tablecloth/rug/whatever looks kinda Ys-y, like the screen border or something.  :mrgreen:

BlueBMW

And an odd port it was....  Very different hehe
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

xcrement5x

Quote from: RyuHayabusa on 08/14/2015, 02:59 PM
Quote from: wilykat on 08/14/2015, 02:48 PMDoes your Legacy of Ys 1+2 for DS come in extra thick box with music CD?
No, unfortunately I don't have the version though I've seen it before.
Yeah, that was the launch version I think.  I've got just the case/manual/cart version too, but I really like the Ys releases timeline they've got in the DS manual.
My pirated forum clone is better than yours, neener neener neener...  ](*,)

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: BlueBMW on 08/14/2015, 03:33 PMAnd an odd port it was....  Very different hehe
Is that the one that is really odd, or are you thinking of Ys II Special.  I recall there being 1 really strange Ys II, pretty sure it's this one?
Though, I recall there being one with ridiculous realistic artwork, maybe that's the X68000 version.

Edit, just found it!

IMG
IMG
IMG

ToyMachine78

I have Ys I-3. My passion is castlevania

NightWolve

CrackTiger

Here's most of my Ys games:

IMG

Most of my Ys goods:

IMG

Noticed a few things missing. I guess it wasn't all in the same boxes when I moved. Hope it all turns up. :|
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

NightWolve

QuoteHere's most of my Ys games:
IMG
Most of my Ys goods:
IMG
Noticed a few things missing. I guess it wasn't all in the same boxes when I moved. Hope it all turns up. :|
Ah, you scored that ole 1998 Ys Eternal for the PC, one of Falcom's first DirectX5 videogames! I actually started a fan translation project on that retro version - I wanna port the work we did on Ys I & II Complete to it. I got as far as script extraction before sidetracking to other things I wanna do, but it's still on the ole TO DO list for whenever.

RyuHayabusa

Nice collection. I see you have the Kyodai US PC release of Ys I. I've been trying to get a hold of it but just missed out on it twice. Also want that Ys I Eternal that you've got. As mentioned earlier, I have both the Japanese and Korean versions of Ys II Eternal coming in the mail. You've definitely got me beat on art books and manga. I take it those are VHS copies of the anime, right? Haven't seen those before.

esteban

Quote from: RyuHayabusa on 08/14/2015, 08:36 PMNice collection. I see you have the Kyodai US PC release of Ys I. I've been trying to get a hold of it but just missed out on it twice. Also want that Ys I Eternal that you've got. As mentioned earlier, I have both the Japanese and Korean versions of Ys II Eternal coming in the mail. You've definitely got me beat on art books and manga. I take it those are VHS copies of the anime, right? Haven't seen those before.
Those are Betamax versions of the Ys anime.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

CrackTiger

They are VHS copies of the anime. They've got some cool flyers and stickers inside.

I've considered getting the laserdiscs many times, but they just seem like they'd take up too much space.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 08/14/2015, 09:28 PMThey are VHS copies of the anime. They've got some cool flyers and stickers inside.

I've considered getting the laserdiscs many times, but they just seem like they'd take up too much space.
They look like UMD versions of the Ys anime, correct?

esteban

Sparky

Since the Sega Master System of Ys.
Played it and beat it and it was a great journey.

I need to look to see what I have, I know I picked up a Ys for the super nes and I rarely buy any sort of  Nintendo games so that means something :P

Opethian

YsIVTrump.jpg
YsIVTrumpSet.jpg
YsIVTrump3.jpg

Ys IV Trump
IMG

NightWolve

"Ys IV Trump ??" Now THAT I really had no idea existed...

RyuHayabusa

Damn Opethian, never seen those before. Pretty cool.

wilykat

Just when you think you have seen it all...

esteban

Quote from: Opethian on 08/16/2015, 11:15 AMYsIVTrump.jpg
YsIVTrumpSet.jpg
YsIVTrump3.jpg
Ys IV Trump
Goddamn!

Ope, we need to see some more of the cards :)

NOT THAT YOU KNOW 100%: Was the artwork sourced from other places, or is some stuff unique to this deck of cards?

I would guess that all assets are from other sources, but...

SephirothTNH

Oh shit.  Now tobias is going to bootleg those cards.

Seriously though I've never seen or heard of those cards before.  We need more pics.

Opethian

the same roster of characters are on each suit (i.e all aces are the same pose of Adol) I can take some closer pics of the cards so people can repro... erm second press...ahem...bootleg them later
IMG

NecroPhile

Neato cards, ope.  Wanna play pitch?

CrackTiger

Quote from: esteban on 08/17/2015, 08:34 AM
Quote from: Opethian on 08/16/2015, 11:15 AMYsIVTrump.jpg
YsIVTrumpSet.jpg
YsIVTrump3.jpg
Ys IV Trump
Goddamn!

Ope, we need to see some more of the cards :)

NOT THAT YOU KNOW 100%: Was the artwork sourced from other places, or is some stuff unique to this deck of cards?

I would guess that all assets are from other sources, but...
I recognize every piece of artwork from Dawn of Ys related items.

esteban

^ that would make sense, but I always dream of Falcom rescuing some "throwaway" sketches and using them on merchandise/less-important  items.

:)

Pipe-dream.

A MORE LIKELY SCENARIO: an image that was cropped in one item is shown 100%  unaltered on a different item.

EvilEvoIX

Amazing collection.  I have never played Ys.  Maybe I should try it.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

esteban

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 08/17/2015, 11:46 AMAmazing collection.  I have never played Ys.  Maybe I should try it.
Dude, I know you may be joking, but if not, play the TG-CD version first.

It is fun.

CrackTiger

Quote from: esteban on 08/17/2015, 11:27 AM^ that would make sense, but I always dream of Falcom rescuing some "throwaway" sketches and using them on merchandise/less-important  items.

:)

Pipe-dream.

A MORE LIKELY SCENARIO: an image that was cropped in one item is shown 100%  unaltered on a different item.
Although the designs for the anime are similar to those for Dawn of Ys, they're still unique. I'm pretty sure that the guide book has more art than the game manual, but this deck of cards doesn't appear to have anything exclusive.

Remember Adol's dog form advertised in other Hudson game manuals (Neo Nectaris)? That's about as cool as unused art and content/gameplay features get.

It was so disappointing when I played through the game and was only polymorphed into a demon again. :/

DQ187

Love the series! Pretty much have only played the releases as these are all that I have. I use to have a sealed Ys III for SNES but sold it when I sold all my sealed games. Also had extra sealed copies for all the psp premium editions and an extra sealed Napishtim but again I sold em all with the sealed games. I've really enjoyed what I've played. I think 7 is my favorite as it was the first I actually beat all the way through. I'm looking forward to getting the originals on Turbografx one of these days and playing through them!

YsCollection.jpg

escarioth

Sorry, I don't have a shot of my Ys collection without the flipping of the bird part... ;) So that's part of my Ys collection right there. :)
pure art !
love, power and hate all at once !
:wink:
US Hucards     :  86/94 (1 repro)
US CD-games  : 40/44 (3 repros)
total complete with boxes 54/111