@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Sync trouble

Started by pdiggitydogg, 10/17/2015, 01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdiggitydogg

I recently finished modding my super CD rom2 for rgb, using an amp from a member here. I used a mini din 9 connector, from a model 2 Genesis. Everything works....mostly.
I'm running the Scart leads through a Hama splitter, along with Scart leads from my Sega Saturn and model 1 genesis. From the splitter, into pure sync rgb cable and into a DVDO vp30 scaler.
The Sega units work perfectly, on their own...
The pce only displays a picture when either Sega unit is on...without, there is no picture! I have no cross talk between anything, or so I thought.
What the heck??

I am pulling sync from the sync pin, at the expansion port. Should I try composite video instead? Composite video is currently tapped at the av jack, along with audio - because reasons.

Keith Courage

I've always used composite video out for sync. Try that.

pdiggitydogg

Ok, I tried composite video to the sync pin - same issue.
I tried alternative ports on the Hama with no change. Neither Sega unit has affect on the other, when they are on...

Oh. I should also mention that the cable that I am using works with my Sega Nomad without issues.

pdiggitydogg

Agh! It was the 5v...
I had a good connection, but for some reason the av jacknis only showing 0.5v. Tapped 5v at the expansion port and its working. I am guessing the Hama has a 5v bar shared across everything, no matter what.

GohanX

Btw, unless the amp was specifically built with Sega cables in mind you may not be getting optimum picture.  Sega cables gave resistors and caps on the rgb lines.

pdiggitydogg

It's an aftermarket cable from retroconsoleaccessories, not the pal Scart lead

Ergot_Cholera

The 5v line to the din 5 socket of the Super CD-ROMĀ² is not connected (at least it wasn't on mine). I had problems with RGB and fast blanking switching until I realised this.

pdiggitydogg

That's interesting. I am getting some voltage at mine, but clearly not much.
There is a pad there, connected to a resistor, I believe (?)