RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

NES turns 30

Started by KnightWarrior, 10/18/2015, 09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KnightWarrior

Today(Well Sunday is almost over)

I'm suprised no one posted it already...I had mine since 1991

WoodyXP

Happy Birthday, NES.  Thanks for the memories.
"I bathe in AES carts."

Gentlegamer

I was in third grade when NES was launched nationwide in 1986, and in fifth grade when I received my NES for Christmas in 1988.

It's the NES I still play to this day.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 10/18/2015, 10:02 PMI was in third grade when NES was launched nationwide in 1986, and in fifth grade when I received my NES for Christmas in 1988.

It's the NES I still play to this day.
No updates, no DLC, it just works.  I didn't get a NES of my own until the Mid 90's when a friend of mine just gave me one with Duck Tales.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

KnightWarrior

Now a day try finding a NES ..It's hard

DeshDildo

Received my first NES from Santa Claus Christmas of 89' (I was 5).  It was the "power set" with the 3 in 1 cart, gun and running pad.  I loved it so much I still have it (box and all).  One of my favorite consoles of all time.  What a huge impact it made on not only home gaming but, pop culture as well.
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

gheebee

Had to win my NES by being the top seller in a school fundraiser back when I was in middle school; my parents would not buy me one but they were more than happy taking me around to sell the candy for the fundraiser. Got one of my old consoles up and running the other week and have been playing it quite a bit lately, guess it was just good timing. Still have my first one but it is missing the door, someday I'll get that one working again too...

BigusSchmuck

I got the NES in 87 when I was 5 years old. Thanks for reminding me how old I am now lol.

ClodBusted

I think I played NES the first time around '89 or '90 on display at a Hertie department store.

I did not own one in that time, since I was pretty busy with the GameBoy and later the SNES. Good times reading through the Club Nintendo magazine back then for game hints and secrets, I think it was pretty similar to the Nintendo Power magazine.

In 2003, my brother gave me a NES including a 3-in-1 cart (SMB 1, Tetris, Nintendo World Cup) that he received from a friend for free. The friend told that it was broken. It turned out there was nothing broken at all (aside from some slight cosmetic flaws on the case), I think the previous owner had just a hard time getting the console connected to his TV.

slinkyturd

Got mine for my birthday in 1994 with Super Mario Bros 2 for $60. <-First game I ever beat too.
70/95 US Turbochips

Elder

30 years wow.  I got mine the holiday of 1985 or '86 I honestly don't remember the specifics.  I was absolutely blown away by the improvement over my Atari 2600.  To this day i still return to the NES from time to time for the classics.  Such a fantastic system that introduced countless franchises that are still going strong today.  :)

xcrement5x

First system I ever had as a kid.  Pretty much played Mario and Tiny Toons all the time on it.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: KnightWarrior on 10/19/2015, 01:30 AMNow a day try finding a NES ..It's hard
Very easy where I am at in the North East, you trip over the things.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

CrackTiger

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 10/19/2015, 09:36 PMI got the NES in 87 when I was 5 years old. Thanks for reminding me how old I am now lol.
I got the NES in 87 when I was 11 years old. Thanks for reminding me how old I am now lol.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

o.pwuaioc

removed

MattJ

30 years? Wow... talk about a nostalgia trip!
My older cousin had one and I had seen him play it, and I had played on an Atari 2600 and Atari 7800 another relative had. I got my first NES for Christmas, 1990. I had just turned 7 yrs old and I still remember opening it up, seeing the packaging on the side with the Zapper and SMB/Duck Hunt combo. (I never saw the ROB unit). My mother had recently quit working at the local mill to take care of myself, my little brother, and little sister, and my dad was a truck driver, so our financial means were limited and I'm still amazed and ever thankful they bought me a Nintendo for Christmas.
We hooked it up that morning to a TV my parents bought earlier in the 80s from a large furniture and home furnishings outlet near Spartanburg. It was one of those old, very large TVs, that sat in a wooden cabinet and looked like a piece of furniture. Me and my mom worked on getting through level 1-1 all morning long, when we finally went into level 1-2 I was amazed that the game was more than one level!  :lol:
It is actually kind of a shock I grew to love the NES though, because after getting the system the follow up games I ended up getting from friends and relatives over the years were such gems as Circus Caper, Super Pitfall, Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, and Top Gun - not what I would call a stellar line up to show off the system! I ended up playing through a lot of my cousin's games: SMB 2 and 3, Ducktales, Dragon Warrior IV, Zelda, Mega Man 2, and Destiny of an Emperor.... Those game all left a big impression on me. After he got a SNES, I picked most of his old NES games and kept playing them all through the 1990s.
Ah, the memories!

TR0N

Happy birthday to the nes.That was the first console i ever had by nintendo to.If iremember right,was the standalone set that included smb.Still i feel old now since i remembering getting one in 87 i think.Still i don't have a nes any more but a few years ago i did end up with a famicom av at least.Now how about those commercials.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

TR0N

Bump! Recently retronauts had there 30 birthday nes podcast finally from the recent prge convention.
http://www.retronauts.com/?p1169#respond
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

KnightWarrior

esteban

Quote from: guest on 10/20/2015, 10:37 PM
Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 10/19/2015, 09:36 PMI got the NES in 87 when I was 5 years old. Thanks for reminding me how old I am now lol.
I got the NES in 87 when I was 11 years old. Thanks for reminding me how old I am now lol.
Hahahhahahajja.  Thanks. Thanks a lot. :)

I was 12 when I got the NES in Summer '87.

Only a handful of folks at pcefx are older than us (but, due to senility, they can't remember what they were doing in the 80's).
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG