RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Reproductions by Mega Box

Started by fuzzface, 10/20/2015, 12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fuzzface

Howdy folks,
A few months ago I started experimenting with making my own repro boxes. I showed them to some friends and they suggested I offer them to other collectors. They all clearly state they are reproduction and are meant for collector's shelves and not for resale or misleading others!

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
(These are low resolution previews.)

If you'd like to see more examples check out my page on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/megaboxreproductions

For pricing and a current list of what I have available my Google doc:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/12KsRXPVsLWsM3j2U6T99KrESlomUutRNZxFmFtxplpk/edit?usp=sharing

tbone3969

How much?  Depending on price I could be interested in a few. Thanks.
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

fuzzface

Pricing is $12 each plus $4 shipping to the continental USA and $6 to Canada, but I offer free shipping on orders of 5 or more. Trades are always welcome and I actually prefer them!

CrackTiger

Do they require those plastic casings to hold together?
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

SplatterTrigger

IMG
Ordered my Keith Courage box from you a few weeks ago. Thanks again!

tbone3969

"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

fuzzface

I ship them cut and pre-folded in a flat mailer. The buyer does the final assembly which includes gluing one seam with a clear glue stick. For best results I do highly recommend using the clear outer protective cases available online as the card stock I use is a little thinner than the original cardboard.

I get mine from this site: http://www.videogameboxprotectors.com/

fuzzface

Thanks! I'm a photo editor by day, so this seemed like a fun diversion that has turned into an all out obsession. I've seen that guy on eBay selling his too... those make me sad. :(

Another example of mine:
IMG
IMG
IMG

sirhcman

Looks like you have done a good job sir! Thanks for putting the blurb on the back about it be a repro too!

Elder

That certainly looks like quality work.

fuzzface

Thank you!
IMG
IMG

syphic

Jon does great work. Did some NES boxes for me and they look great...oh and Jon, show em your Turbografx mini boxes. Those are rad and perfect for people who have Hu cards Only.
Awesome trades and deals with:
Fiftyquid, thesteve, keithcourage, mothergunner, Bernie, turboswimbz, Bardoly, BlueBMW, Galam, Elderboroom, dicer

fuzzface

I can do these mini versions for the same price, they come on your choice of glossy or matte. The mini pictured is the matte finish while the full sized is the glossy.

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

SignOfZeta

Jesus. What is the point? It's not original, it's not better than original, and even the original was a pointless waste of cardboard that went instantly into the trash in most cases since all it was was a fragile skin for a much more durable case. And it needs a special plastic protector? Just to sit on a shelf?

A huge waste of paper, plastic, and shipping with literally zero return.

Sea levels are rising people. Wake up. Play your games and stop jerking off to fake cardboard copies of things that sucked to begin with.
IMG

fuzzface

Well you got me there with the rising sea levels. I can't argue with that.

bob

"Honey, I Shrunk the Collectard"

Sparky

It's fine, I made some remember? and I  have seen these on face book and they look pretty good,
At least he as well put there a reproduction.

But here comes my plug! I have some Magical Chase and Keith Courage printed, scored, cut and pre folded and glued professionally available still so if you need those pm me first (( pops collar )) :P

You need a post count of over 200 to get the 7 Keith Courage I have left and my printer had a stack of leftovers of Magical Chase so lots of those as well.

Links to boxes

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=18080.0

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=17318.0

Bernie

The boxes look fantastic man!  :)

fuzzface

JoshTurboTrollX

Sparks and Fuzz are doing pretty cool looking werx for the community.  +1 Turbob Karma to everyone!

Also, the mini ones look pretty rad!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

fuzzface

I did some work this week... All are my repros aside from Bonk's Revenge and Dungeon Explorer.
IMG
The mini Cadash houses my EverDrive.  :P

martinine

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 10/20/2015, 03:25 PMJesus. What is the point? It's not original, it's not better than original, and even the original was a pointless waste of cardboard that went instantly into the trash in most cases since all it was was a fragile skin for a much more durable case. And it needs a special plastic protector? Just to sit on a shelf?

A huge waste of paper, plastic, and shipping with literally zero return.

Sea levels are rising people. Wake up. Play your games and stop jerking off to fake cardboard copies of things that sucked to begin with.
Damn SoZ. Tell us how you really feel.
Keith Courage is #1. Alpha Zone inhabitant for life. Thanks to this forum for rejuvenating and continuing my interest in all things Obey.

NightWolve

Quote from: fuzzface on 10/20/2015, 03:27 PMWell you got me there with the rising sea levels. I can't argue with that.
Heh.

jtucci31

Quote from: agent_orange on 10/20/2015, 04:09 PM"Honey, I Shrunk the Collectard"
Figured you'd have a good reaction :lol:

RNSpeed

Sparky

fuzzface

Did some work this weekend. These are all for a trade...
IMG

bob

cr8zykuban0

wow, those look really nice!!! i definitely need quite a few. about 24 for my cic games to be exact.

i'll definitely look into this when i get some extra cash

fuzzface

Thank you for the feedback crazykuban. I also take trades towards them if that's an option for you.
The guy I traded with for this last batch sure likes them:
IMG

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: fuzzface on 10/26/2015, 05:04 PMThank you for the feedback crazykuban. I also take trades towards them if that's an option for you.
The guy I traded with for this last batch sure likes them:
IMG
sadly, i dont have trade but i can always throw some cash your way :) i still have a keith courage and magical chase box i got from sparky and they are amazing. these look just as nice and i like how you put reproduction on the back so no one can flip these for profit.

fuzzface

Thank you again! Mine are individually hand cut and folded which is different than Sparky's approach, but it's nice to see people can appreciate both methods.