10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Download 2 Cheats

Started by ccovell, 11/03/2015, 06:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ccovell

Hi, I've posted a couple of the codes below before, but I've found the invincibility cheat just now!

Debug Menu
At the title screen press SEL, (I,II)x5, SEL

Invincibility (Super Mode unlock)
Immediately after entering the Debug Menu, press Ux5, Dx6, Rx19, Lx1.  A chime should sound and you can change the mode setting now.

Courtesy of Dengeki PC-Engine magazine:

Here's a funny alternate mode that you can access in Download 2. Go to the debug menu and choose to view the ending cinema (#9). At the very end, when "NEC Avenue / SOFIX" are shown on the screen and the music has stopped, press and hold UP+SEL+II and keep holding them (?) until the debug menu comes back on. Choose a valid stage, and all the smaller enemies in the game will be replaced by crazy cartoon characters, like Ultraman, Bakabon, Moomin, etc! Each stage has something weird to see.

This cheat took me a few tries before it worked, so perhaps you should try this with an emu and savestates first.

Oh, and the RAM address to unlock this crazy mode (if hacking with an emu or using RAM cheat) : $2078:01

Dicer

Will have to give this a spin, love me some Download(2) weird ass shmups to be sure, but good stuff.

Dicer

Few tries indeed, but it works...

IMG

xcrement5x

Lol, this is awesome.  Thanks for sharing!

esteban

Ha!

I have to try this mode with "crazy cartoon characters"!!!
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Bardoly

QuoteDebug Menu
At the title screen press SEL, (I,II)x5, SEL
I am having problems with getting to the debug menu.  :(

Is it press Select, press I and II simultaneously 5 times, then press Select? Or is is different?

ccovell

Koa Zo

Quote from: ccovell on 11/03/2015, 06:41 AMHi, I've posted a couple of the codes below before [...]
Here's a funny alternate mode that you can access in Download 2. Go to the debug menu and choose to view the ending cinema (#9). At the very end, when "NEC Avenue / SOFIX" are shown on the screen and the music has stopped, press and hold UP+SEL+II and keep holding them (?) until the debug menu comes back on. Choose a valid stage, and all the smaller enemies in the game will be replaced by crazy cartoon characters, like Ultraman, Bakabon, Moomin, etc! Each stage has something weird to see.

This cheat took me a few tries before it worked, so perhaps you should try this with an emu and savestates first.

Oh, and the RAM address to unlock this crazy mode (if hacking with an emu or using RAM cheat) : $2078:01
I just got back into Download 2 thanks to the remastered disc I recently picked up from jperryss.
I was searching the forum for any threads about the game and found this one here!
Thanks for the codes ccovell!
I beat the game for my first time last night (without cheats) and then tried the parody code. I didn't get it to work the first time (waited too long after the music stopped), then the next time I stopped holding the buttons after the screen faded to black (didn't work), then the third time I held UP+SEL+II  constantly until the debug came back up. The screen was black for awhile (slow loading I guess).

anyhow, that parody mode is fantastic! Too bad it only allows play of one level at a time and kicks back to the debug menu after each level.  was so hoping for some parody cinemas too! Please someone remix this game and give us a full parody mode with original cinemas :P

NoSexGex

Quote from: guest on 11/04/2015, 12:00 PMLol, this is awesome.  Thanks for sharing!
Agreed! I've never seen these before
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

exodus

oh man, that's neat!! I also must try :3