RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Milons Secret Castle Nes2pce Conversion poll

Started by Dicer, 11/03/2015, 03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you want this done?

Quick and Dirty, straight conversion
1 (4%)
Quick and Nice, converted any lil issues resolved
5 (20%)
Facelift, Slight gfx cleanup
3 (12%)
TOTAL FUGGIN OVERHAUL, New graphics etc
8 (32%)
Milons Secret Castle? screw that crap
8 (32%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Dicer

Question has been posed, also any other games you want seen pulled over?

Bonknuts has a very full plate but he asked so I provided this poll. everyone thank him for any and all of his work when replying in here, thank you.

I would love a port myself, but I don't think it really needs an overhaul of any kind, save that for stuff like MegaMan...

Thank you sir for you work, past and resent and future :)

BigusSchmuck

I would really like to see Blaster Master or possibly Guardian Legend moved over. Guardian Legend definitely, that would be an awesome game to have it's music and graphics redone. :)

Opethian

I love the music in this game. Would be nice to hear it done with PCE sounds. Another Hudson game I would have loved to see on PCE is Bomber King(Robowarrior)
IMG

Dicer

Quote from: Opethian on 11/03/2015, 05:21 PMI love the music in this game. Would be nice to hear it done with PCE sounds. Another Hudson game I would have loved to see on PCE is Bomber King(Robowarrior)
Well, you are in luck (sort of)

https://pcedev.wordpress.com/downloads-and-links/

It's there and it works, but nothing fancy, just a straight port over.

CGQuarterly

Would be really cool to see Solomon's Key ported over.

seieienbu

Here's a dumb question, perhaps, but what ever happened with the Dragon Warrior port?

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 11/03/2015, 06:06 PMWould be really cool to see Solomon's Key ported over.
I haven't played very much of it, is Zipang significantly different from Solomon's Key?
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Dicer

Quote from: seieienbu on 11/03/2015, 06:13 PMHere's a dumb question, perhaps, but what ever happened with the Dragon Warrior port?

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 11/03/2015, 06:06 PMWould be really cool to see Solomon's Key ported over.
I haven't played very much of it, is Zipang significantly different from Solomon's Key?
Last I remember it had glitches and stuff wasn't up to snuff, but BN can clarify...

Too bad porting isn't more robust ans easier for some of lesser skilled people to tackle, I am sure we would all pitch in to build a library of must haves...

TurboXray

Quote from: seieienbu on 11/03/2015, 06:13 PMHere's a dumb question, perhaps, but what ever happened with the Dragon Warrior port?
I started over from scratch (emulation project) and ran into some issues that I haven't tracked down yet. Then school happened. I might go back to my original version (It's done and works on the PCE, I just wanted an updated version running on the new emulation core) and just modify that.

WoodyXP

I voted "quick and nice", but I'll take whatever.  Milons is a good game.
"I bathe in AES carts."

esadajr

just wanna say thanks for all the passion.
Gaming since 1985

Keith Courage

Sounds like everyone has a favorite they would rather see. My vote is for a Metroid game with CD sound much like the already made megaman CD :)

but I will honestly be happy with any other conversions.

saturndual32

I love Milons Secret Castle!. I still have to finish it, used to kick my but all the time when i was a kid. I voted complete overhaul. I dont see the point on doing a straight NES port.
Bonknuts (you are tomaitheous to me, hehe), you rock. Thanks for the hardwork man.