RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

720p output

Started by TurboXray, 11/20/2015, 11:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TurboXray

Dicer

I don't understand it, but I like what I see...

Psycho Punch

PC PCE EXTBUS 720p Super R-Type 2 color RAM address dot clock PCE EXTBUS CD EXTBUS CORE GRAFX DUO GT TurboGrafx16 XGA (1024x768) 720p (1280x720) Irem 1 pixel

that's the part I understood from the text.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

esadajr

Quote from: Dicer on 11/20/2015, 12:14 PMI don't understand it, but I like what I see...
"the race has been struggling in the RGB remodeling"
Gaming since 1985

TurboXray

It's similar to the NESRGB thingy that kevtris did for the NES. It spies the bus from the CPU to the VCE, captures the pixel bus from the VDC to the VCE, and builds an image to output via HDMI.

Vimtoman

Looks like I'm going to have to rip out that rgb mod I've just put in.

SamIAm

Interesting that the difference in sync means that one frame is dropped roughly every six seconds. He mentions the possibility of modifying the PCE's internal sync so that this won't happen.

I can tell you what else he says if you like.

ClodBusted

Quote from: SamIAm on 11/21/2015, 09:44 AMI can tell you what else he says if you like.
IMG

Trenton_net

Not to knock what the developer is trying to do, but wouldn't an X-RGB Mini + RGB modded console work just as well? I assume some convenience would come from having HDMI built into your console, but considering you can connect multiple systems to an X-RGB, I guess my personal preference would be for that instead?

TurboXray

The X-RGB doesn't have the pixel clock of the PCE, so it's just sampling at whatever the devs chose. This is a more accurate approach, because it's not converting the data from analog to digital, and then outputting it.

This is capturing the data in its pure digital format already (from the digital pixel bus), and it knows the pixel dot clock too that belongs to it (so it has better scaling options). You can't get any more accurate than this.

CrackTiger

Using the default "game(?)" settings on my framemeister passing through PCE video, a frame gets dropped every once in a while and it doesn't take long until flicker effects disappear. :/

I'm hoping that there is way to set it up correctly for PCE.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

SamIAm

Quote from: guest on 11/21/2015, 01:04 PMOh, please tell me more.
OK, it uses the EXT bus only, and as Bonknuts says, it gets the video signals while they are still digital for an effectively flawless picture.

It's only possible on systems with the EXT bus, although he says that with some effort, you could probably still attach a CD-ROM system.

1024x768 is a standard XGA resolution, and 1280x720 is standard 720p. Games that are 256 pixels wide can be multiplied by 4 to fit 1024 exactly, while games that are 346 pixels wide like R-Type can be multiplied by three to fit in 1280.

He says something about a black and white function, which I can't accurately paraphrase because I don't completely understand the technical details. Does the system have an internal function that can make all the graphics black and white (greyscale)?

The sync coming from the system is either 59.82Hz or 60.05hz, depending on what the game sets. Digital signals are an even 60Hz, and this causes the frame problem. He doesn't say specifically that his setup drops a frame, but rather that something "goes off" about every six seconds. It might just be tearing.

He says he tried various things to fix this, but in the end, there is no solution that allows perfect stability and perfect sync. It's impossible short of altering the internal timing.

He'd like to know if there's a hucard, not a CD game, that frequently changes the VCE register at address 0x1fe400/bit1:0 for testing.

He'd like to know more about VCE register bit2.

And any games that use the VCE in weird ways.

The guy in the comments says that bit2 has to do with countering the color jittering you see when the screen scrolls in composite video. The writer replies saying he'd like to learn about games that use this register.

TurboXray

Yeah, there's a bit that removes color from the output (thought it's only for composite). He's emulating it. Seems he want's to emulate the color bit phase thing, but doesn't understand what it does.

PCEngineHell

Quote from: guest on 11/21/2015, 05:44 PMUsing the default "game(?)" settings on my framemeister passing through PCE video, a frame gets dropped every once in a while and it doesn't take long until flicker effects disappear. :/

I'm hoping that there is way to set it up correctly for PCE.
And that is exactly why I use a s-video modded TG and PCE Duo on a DVDO iScan Plus V2, so I don't have to deal with that kind of shit.

Groover

So in the short hand is this an addon to the back of the PC-Engine and Cores that like other video adaptors that let you output RGB or Component. this also upscales 4x to HDMI?
IMG

TurboXray

On the simplistic side, sure. That's what it is. But it's capable of so much more. Custom palettes, a cleaner input signal to work with, etc.