RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Raffle: 1 set of Turbob Repro discs

Started by Bernie, 11/26/2015, 11:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernie

I am going to do something that I have been wanting to do for a bit now.  I currently have the second batch of Turbob Xpress repros in hand....although they have not officially been offered up for grabs yet.  I would like to propose a special raffle... 

I am proposing, that ANYONE wishing to obtain a full set of these repros, and would like to join in this raffle to get them.... send 1 US dollar to me.  But wait a second....why is Bernie doing this?  I will tell you.  ANY and ALL monies sent to me for THIS raffle, will be donated to NightWolve.  Thats right, this is the time to show how thankful we are for our translators to continue to work on projects for our PCE.  1 dollar will get you one entry.  You can enter as much as you like, so 2 USD would be two entries, and so on. 

Remember, these arent up for grabs yet, so only PM me if you want in on this raffle.   :wink:

IMG

Please PM me for the PayPal ID for this, so I can keep better track of everything.  :)

LostFlunky

PM sent.

I am thankful to NightWolve for the translations, and TurboRip,

Thanks NightWolve!!!

Vimtoman

PM'd

Great idea Bernie.

Looking forward to Nightwolves "The Official Emerald Dragon Translation Project"

Thanks Nightwolve.

elderbroom

Very cool of you Bernie. Just when I thought we couldn't love you any more. $20 coming your way for some raffle tickets.

Thanks to everyone involved in this effort .. and a special thanks to NightWolve for all the blood, sweat and tears put into that effort. We appreciate it.
-----------------------
Elderbroom
My TG-16/PCE Collection : http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/615/show-collection.htm

Scillianaire

So thank ful for the opportunity to say thanks! Pm'd!!!

reno5

Mathius

I've had a similar idea for a while. Super turbokarma boost for the Burns! May I send some $$ and not be entered?

ginoscope

PM sent I have enjoyed nightwolve translations over the years so even if there was no raffle I still be sending some cash.

Dicer

PM sent and kudos for a fantastic idea...

Bernie

Thanks for the replies everyone.  :)  Just remember, be sure to state in your PayPal donation your forum name so that I can keep track of everyone.  :)

Mathius

Quote from: Bernie on 11/26/2015, 09:01 PMThanks for the replies everyone.  :)  Just remember, be sure to state in your PayPal donation your forum name so that I can keep track of everyone.  :) 
Bweenie, can we donate without entering?

grolt

Great idea, the Wolve, and everyone else working on keeping these games alive in other capacities, have done so much for gamers.  PM incoming!
I'm a notorious strange man.

kosko99

tbone3969

"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

Bernie

Quote from: Mathius on 11/26/2015, 10:07 PM
Quote from: Bernie on 11/26/2015, 09:01 PMThanks for the replies everyone.  :)  Just remember, be sure to state in your PayPal donation your forum name so that I can keep track of everyone.  :) 
Dont see why not.

Sent from my iPhone using your mama

CrackTiger

Nightwolve has a donation button on his site.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

cr8zykuban0

I wont be in the raffle but very cool of you to do this!

Bernie

Lots of generous donations coming in!  Thanks guys!  I'd like to leave this open a few more days, and make sure more people see it.  You guys rock!!

Marto_Jo-ing

PM Sent. Thanks again Bernie Cheers!!!

Groover

PM sent Thanks again Bernie great idea.

Edit: Donation sent. Count me in for 10 entries.
IMG

Jason_dicarlo85

Bernie

I will let this remain open until tomorrow morning.  Anyone else wanting in, please PM me with RAFFLE in the subject line.  :)  Thank you to everyone that has participated so far.  Even if we do not get any more folks in, we have a nice amount to donate to NW.

johnnykonami

Put in a couple bucks for my man Nightwolve!  Least I can do as I play through this sweet Ys IV translation!

Edit: Not to mention the extensive use I have gotten out of TurboRip, also - Thanks again!

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: guest on 11/27/2015, 01:39 PM
Nightwolve has a donation button on his site.
I clicked the button and it asked for jockstrap donations?  odd...  :P

Love this community!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Bernie

I am closing this as of now.  I will have a winner announced sometime this week.  :)  Guys, we raised $170 for our buddy!  Thanks for everyone's contribution!!!

tbone3969

Great job Bernie.  Be sure to let us know when this next set of pressed games go up for mass sale.  I can't wait.  Hopefully I can win this raffle to save some cash.
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

MNKyDeth

Quote from: tbone3969 on 11/29/2015, 12:45 PMGreat job Bernie.  Be sure to let us know when this next set of pressed games go up for mass sale.  I can't wait.  Hopefully I can win this raffle to save some cash.
They are up for sale already in the other thread.

tbone3969

Quote from: MNKyDeth on 11/29/2015, 01:02 PM
Quote from: tbone3969 on 11/29/2015, 12:45 PMGreat job Bernie.  Be sure to let us know when this next set of pressed games go up for mass sale.  I can't wait.  Hopefully I can win this raffle to save some cash.
They are up for sale already in the other thread.
Really?  Can you link it here?  Are you sure your not talking about the initial 3 released (Drac X, MM3, and Beyond Shadowgate)?

NightWolve

Thanks guys and much thanks to Bernie!!! Few ever did something like this on my behalf so it's almost surreal seeing this, probably only the 2nd time...

Sadly, without programs like what ProfessorP and Bernie did here or other creative donation drives/ideas, I'm willing to bet most fan translators with a Paypal icon see 99% of the public ignore it (#donors over #downloads ratio) - those are my stats for impressive Falcom Ys games for the Windows PC, so I can't imagine fans that do NES/SNES translation patches ever did better than me but I don't have anybody else's stats as that isn't typically shared... Not only that, Ys fans from the PC era stuff I did were just good for demonizing when I tried an early access donation program/drive for a beta Felghana patch back in 2007 something that they still obsess and demonize me over cause it's ALWAYS supposed to be FREE-FOR-ME ya know!

Moral of the story is you needed to have learned how to integrate ads in your site or software long time ago if you wanted to generate some cash from hobby work and even then you'd have to become really successful... Not gonna happen from the fans that consume your software or unless you're clever as all hell say with gofundme somehow... I dunno, but I do know 99% don't care to pay a dime for fan translation work so you should know that way before you ever invest any time in it.

Anyway, as I was typing and hit preview, I see the thread closed, so thanks again to all that participated and to Bernie! If only there were more like him. :)

Bernie

Alright, tonight is the night.  I have assigned everyone a series of  numbers, and printed out tickets accordingly.  Having Jimilee draw a ticket tonight.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Bernie on 12/03/2015, 02:54 PMAlright, tonight is the night.  I have assigned everyone a series of  numbers, and printed out tickets accordingly.  Having topless Jimilee draw a ticket tonight. 
Fixed.  Take pics.  :-"
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Bernie

Quote from: guest on 12/03/2015, 03:06 PM
Quote from: Bernie on 12/03/2015, 02:54 PMAlright, tonight is the night.  I have assigned everyone a series of  numbers, and printed out tickets accordingly.  Having topless Jimilee draw a ticket tonight. 
Fixed.  Take pics.  :-"
lmao..  I almost didnt catch that!!!

johnnykonami

Vimtoman

Time to crack open a fizzy Vimto.

johnnykonami

I bought my set from the other thread, but just curious who ended up winning this.. did I miss it?

Bernie

Not yet, wifey has been "shopping"....so yeah.  She is gonna draw a name today.

johnnykonami

Ah, I see.  Us too, actually!  Got most of my shopping done, all I need is a plan, usually. 

I hope the winner goes to someone who doesn't yet have a set.  In fact, if my name comes up, please pass it along to the first person in the list that didn't buy a set from the other thread.

gheebee

Quote from: johnnykonami on 12/06/2015, 04:29 PMI hope the winner goes to someone who doesn't yet have a set.  In fact, if my name comes up, please pass it along to the first person in the list that didn't buy a set from the other thread.
Please do the same if I happen to win.

reno5

Quote from: johnnykonami on 12/06/2015, 04:29 PMI hope the winner goes to someone who doesn't yet have a set.  In fact, if my name comes up, please pass it along to the first person in the list that didn't buy a set from the other thread.
Please do the same if I happen to win. Ordered my set this morning

Bernie

Alright guys, Jimilee pulled a name last night. 

elderbroom.....you got em!  PM me with your mailing info.  :) 

Thanks again to EVERYONE that contributed to this.  We will do something similar with other batches.

elderbroom

Quote from: Bernie on 12/08/2015, 04:21 PMAlright guys, Jimilee pulled a name last night. 

Thanks again to EVERYONE that contributed to this.  We will do something similar with other batches. 
Hello Bernie,

I already bought batch 1 & 2 from you .. expecting batch 2 to arrive likely tomorrow.   But what I will do with this set, assuming you are okay to give me a second set.   A local gamer buddy helped me out big the other day, when my furnace was acting up, when I had a house full of relatives over the weekend. He's a HVAC technician by trade, and he dropped what he was doing and helped me out on a Sunday to get heat going again (I'm in Canada, it's been near freezing out).  He won't accept cash for this gesture,  but I did turn him onto TG16 about 6-8 months ago and I know he recently got a Duo-R.  I will gift these to him for as a Thank-you for his good deed.  He's a standup dude, and I can assure you they will remain with him. Let me know if that works for you
-----------------------
Elderbroom
My TG-16/PCE Collection : http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/615/show-collection.htm

johnnykonami

Grats Elderbroom (and Elderbroom's friend)!

Bernie

That is fine with me my friend.  :)

Mathius

Jason_dicarlo85

Congrats elder.. And sweet on finding them a new home

ToyMachine78

Quote from: elderbroom on 12/08/2015, 04:32 PM
Quote from: Bernie on 12/08/2015, 04:21 PMAlright guys, Jimilee pulled a name last night. 

Hello Bernie,

I already bought batch 1 & 2 from you .. expecting batch 2 to arrive likely tomorrow.   But what I will do with this set, assuming you are okay to give me a second set.   A local gamer buddy helped me out big the other day, when my furnace was acting up, when I had a house full of relatives over the weekend. He's a HVAC technician by trade, and he dropped what he was doing and helped me out on a Sunday to get heat going again (I'm in Canada, it's been near freezing out).  He won't accept cash for this gesture,  but I did turn him onto TG16 about 6-8 months ago and I know he recently got a Duo-R.  I will gift these to him for as a Thank-you for his good deed.  He's a standup dude, and I can assure you they will remain with him. Let me know if that works for you
Having a friend in the HVAC trade is priceless!!! My neighbor is a HVAC technician. Fortunately for me, he insists on being paid in Bud Light. He fixed my AC this summer for 2 cases. Lol

Marto_Jo-ing

Lucky Bastard! Congrats!!!! Wish I had won. Hope your buddy appreciates your jester! Plus that heater better not break down this winter. Happy Holidays!!! Cheers!!!

NightWolve

Quote from: guest on 12/08/2015, 06:45 PM
Quote from: elderbroom on 12/08/2015, 04:32 PM... He's a HVAC technician by trade, and he dropped what he was doing and helped me out on a Sunday to get heat going again (I'm in Canada, it's been near freezing out). 
Having a friend in the HVAC trade is priceless!!! My neighbor is a HVAC technician. Fortunately for me, he insists on being paid in Bud Light. He fixed my AC this summer for 2 cases. Lol
I almost went into HVAC myself hearing from classmates in High School that they made $50k/year to start back in the early 90's. I had even started training before quitting within months and instead applying to my local university which eventually got me started in computers as a software developer. But, an ole High School classmate did complete training and I gave him a call years later for help when the furnace fan blower motor died. He drove me to a motor supplier where he as a licensed HVAC technician shops and let me buy it myself, then drove me back. I installed it myself as I always loved a little DIY project now and then. Sometimes I've bitten off more than I can chew, that's for sure, but that same $199 GE blower motor has been working for well over 17 years ever since!

MNKyDeth

I just wanna say...

CONGRATS!!!!

I entered this contest hoping to win, but then I bought the discs I wanted/needed. It became just another donation.

In the end... I know for a fact that myself, visiting these forums almost exclusively for my retro gaming purposes.... would donate more often to translators and programmers if links were readily available on this site or in siggs specifically.

I do believe that this type of raffle for donations helps allow people like me to recognize those that do the hard work that I and I am sure many others appreciate even if the people doing the translations and programming do not know it.

So... THANK YOU

NightWolve

You have a fan right here in Michigan enjoying you're work.

Groover

Congrats to the winner and to his good friend with the heater skills.
IMG