RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Can Pcenginefx beat all licensed TurboGrafx-16 games in 2016/2017? (115/135)

Started by Bardoly, 12/31/2015, 05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poponon

noticed gate of thunder wasn't crossed off the list.

I 1cc'd a couple weeks ago and posted my score in the highscore forum. here's  a pic

IMG

Bardoly

DeshDildo

"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

jtucci31

Holy shit well done. Raiden always kicked my ass so I can only assume how hard this must have been  =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

DeshDildo

Quote from: guest on 05/27/2016, 12:21 AMHoly shit well done. Raiden always kicked my ass so I can only assume how hard this must have been  =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
I've never considered myself to be any good at shooters so I decided on this game because I thought the difficulty would improve my skills.  I started playing it about a month before MGC and it's taken me this long to beat it.  Next I'll try to top the PCFX high score list in it.
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

Bardoly

DeshDildo

Psycho Punch

This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Gentlegamer

IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

esteban

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 05/31/2016, 03:34 PM199X never came.
Old_Rover, bless him, may be able to fix this, even if the game is simply released as "III" and "inspired" by Neutopia.

But don't hold your breath.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

DeshDildo

I wonder who even owns the rights to Neutopia these days, Konami?  Maybe they don't care about it enough and someone could secure the rights cheaply.  I remember hearing at one point Rover and some others were working on a 3rd installment but it was scrapped.

DeshDildo

Popped Ordyne in for the first time and was able to 1cc it after my third try.

IMG

Psycho Punch

This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!

DeshDildo

Quote from: guest on 06/03/2016, 01:40 AMAlmost there...

IMG
Funny you mentioned this.  For the next game I was having a hard time deciding between Might and Magic and Order of the Griffon.  I have never really played much of either but ultimately decided to go with D&D.  This thread is great because it's forcing me to play some of the games I've had on the back burner for way too long as well as some titles I haven't given a fair shot.

Bardoly

Quote from: guest on 06/03/2016, 01:40 AMAlmost there...
IMG
Awesome!  Press on, my man!  Press on!    :dance: :dance: :dance:

Updated today.  We're up to 73/135!

Psycho Punch

Might and Magic 3 cleared! :dance: :dance: :dance:
What a game, and what an ending.

seieienbu

Congratulations!  Beating M&M3 seems like quite the accomplishment!
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

MNKyDeth

Hell yeah!! congrats on M&M3. I hope to accomplish that task some day myself.

SavagePencil

NecroPhile

Nice one, Punch.  Some day I'll beat M&M3.

P.S. - Termininators and ED-409s, oh my!
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

jtucci31

Bomberman 93 can be crossed off that list!

Tried uploading more photos but they aren't loading on imgur. Just check that other thread for the proof, it's there!

Psycho Punch

Quote from: NecroPhile on 06/21/2016, 09:32 AMNice one, Punch.  Some day I'll beat M&M3.

P.S. - Termininators and ED-409s, oh my!
I wonder why they didn't just go ahead and make a schwarzenegger look alike for the Terminator sprite, since they ripped off Robocop without an ounce of shame.

DeshDildo

Cross Order of the Griffon off the list.  Now that it's over I don't feel the need to play it ever again.

IMG

bawitback

Quote from: guest on 06/22/2016, 02:43 AMBomberman 93 can be crossed off that list!

Tried uploading more photos but they aren't loading on imgur. Just check that other thread for the proof, it's there!
dang, was doing this one tonight, on the boss stage of world E-8.
pulling though regardless.
IMG
|| Use your Special Attack ||

esteban

Quote from: bawitback on 07/06/2016, 02:03 AM
Quote from: guest on 06/22/2016, 02:43 AMBomberman 93 can be crossed off that list!

dang, was doing this one tonight, on the boss stage of world E-8.
pulling though regardless.
That's such a fun game, you will be happy :)

Don't worry, there is always Yo Bro.

:)

Zephadus

Aww, I didn't see it crossed off in the main post.
Well, I did it anyway, so here's a collage! :D
/efae581069.png
IMG

jtucci31

Shit sorry everyone  :oops:

Cool collage though! I snapped a few pictures of some end boss screens I thought were cool. Thanks for doing that!

Psycho Punch

I tried to beat pac-land since I have two copies of this stupid game for some reason but the control scheme got me cucked at stage 26. While I did start from stage one and cleared 1-25 with relative ease, I spent hours on that stage lol.
seriously

esteban

Quote from: guest on 07/09/2016, 06:14 AMI tried to beat pac-land since I have two copies of this stupid game for some reason but the control scheme got me cucked at stage 26. While I did start from stage one and cleared 1-25 with relative ease, I spent hours on that stage lol.
seriously
You probably know...you can change the control scheme in the option menu.

I LOVE TEH FAIRY

PAC-LAND

Psycho Punch

Quote from: esteban on 07/09/2016, 07:36 AM
Quote from: Psycho Punch on 07/09/2016, 06:14 AMI tried to beat pac-land since I have two copies of this stupid game for some reason but the control scheme got me cucked at stage 26. While I did start from stage one and cleared 1-25 with relative ease, I spent hours on that stage lol.
seriously

I LOVE TEH FAIRY

PAC-LAND
I did change it to "lever" control but I'm starting to think that besides the turbo button spring jumps the "button" control is better. But the problem really lies with the slippery controls and the momentum based mechanics. It's like Sonic's levels had vertical walls full of spikes every 10 feet. Qwertyuiopasdf.

CrackTiger

I got used to the button controls in the arcade. I have no trouble controlling the Turbo version. Too many are just too used to how most games in any particular genre work.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

seieienbu

Quote from: Desh on 07/05/2016, 01:18 AMI beat Order of the Griffin!
Nice work!  I've had Order for a few years and never gotten more than a couple hours into it.  I keep wanting to play it but always kinda become a coward after starting a new party.  Just curious, how long did it take you?
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

esteban

Quote from: guest on 07/09/2016, 12:14 PM
Quote from: esteban on 07/09/2016, 07:36 AM
Quote from: guest on 07/09/2016, 06:14 AMI tried to beat pac-land since I have two copies of this stupid game for some reason but the control scheme got me cucked at stage 26. While I did start from stage one and cleared 1-25 with relative ease, I spent hours on that stage lol.
seriously

I LOVE TEH FAIRY

PAC-LAND
I did change it to "lever" control but I'm starting to think that besides the turbo button spring jumps the "button" control is better. But the problem really lies with the slippery controls and the momentum based mechanics. It's like Sonic's levels had vertical walls full of spikes every 10 feet. Qwertyuiopasdf.
Like CrackTiger, I prefer the button control.

It actually is a lot of fun using the buttons...whereas the lever was frustrating.

DeshDildo

Quote from: seieienbu on 07/09/2016, 03:09 PM
Quote from: Desh on 07/05/2016, 01:18 AMI beat Order of the Griffin!
Nice work!  I've had Order for a few years and never gotten more than a couple hours into it.  I keep wanting to play it but always kinda become a coward after starting a new party.  Just curious, how long did it take you?
Geez, I think maybe 3 weeks or so of playing it 1-3 hours a night.  It wouldn't be too bad but there are some really confusing warp puzzles that are basically impossible without drawing a map.  I said I would beat it without map drawing (because I'm lazy) but I ended up drawing maps because everything looks the same.

Psycho Punch

I hate games that force you to draw maps. It means that the level(s) are:

1- Too complex; or
2- Everything looks the same, no relevant landmarks or something as simple as different wall colors.

I beat M&M3 without maps... while the game is HUGE everything, especially the overworld, feels like a proper environment and dungeons are simple, with decent landmarking and good structure, so even more complex ones with dickish warps are doable. Also you can always use auxiliary spells like automap "wizard's eye", jump, etherealize, teleport, time distortion (teleport to dungeon entrance), and the Interdimensional Transport Box item.

This is very different from something like, for example, Double Dungeons and maybe, to a lesser extent, Order of the Griffon, imo.

DeshDildo

Quote from: guest on 07/11/2016, 08:13 PMI hate games that force you to draw maps. It means that the level(s) are:

1- Too complex; or
2- Everything looks the same, no relevant landmarks or something as simple as different wall colors.

I beat M&M3 without maps... while the game is HUGE everything, especially the overworld, feels like a proper environment and dungeons are simple, with decent landmarking and good structure, so even more complex ones with dickish warps are doable. Also you can always use auxiliary spells like automap "wizard's eye", jump, etherealize, teleport, time distortion (teleport to dungeon entrance), and the Interdimensional Transport Box item.

This is very different from something like, for example, Double Dungeons and maybe, to a lesser extent, Order of the Griffon, imo.
I agree 100%.  While this type of game typically is not my cup of tea, I was really enjoying it through the first few dungeons.  Once I had to put pen to paper the only thing that got me through the game was knowing it would get crossed off the "beat in 2016" list.  I also am a freak and will not even play another game until I complete what I started.  Towards the end it became more of a chore than enjoyment to push through.  At least I can say I beat it... I likely will never play it again but who knows.  I will admit the later battles with tough enemies were fun because of the strategy involved.  Very basic strategy based battling but, that was the highlight of the game imho.

PukeSter

Didn't intend to post here, but here's a toughie out of the way.

Super Star Soldier 1 life clear (you pretty much have to beat it in 1 continue, I hate the brain)

/5myb95.jpg

jtucci31

Shit well done! I was really into playing this game awhile ago but that 4th stage boss still trumps me. What are your tips for that?

PukeSter

Quote from: guest on 07/29/2016, 07:40 PMShit well done! I was really into playing this game awhile ago but that 4th stage boss still trumps me. What are your tips for that?
The green lightning is the best weapon, and you can attack both arms and the head when fully powered. The blue rings are okay since they have wide width.

It's easier to take out the arms first, so that way you have more room to dodge.

Other tip, I recommend missiles over shield.

majors

Chew Man Fu, got credits, but it unlocks(w/ password) extra mode for 50 more levels

/0B6XVC48SOj4KU0dMRGtINkxEOFk
/0B6XVC48SOj4KN0Z4U2FoU3VMU1E

edit: Opps, I did not read...I have 450 more levels to go...well, 400 now. I'm on loop 3...because I'm a masochist.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

Psycho Punch

jtucci31

Jesus that score  :shock: I've never stuck through Space Harrier until the end!

Psycho Punch

IMG

edit: PAC-LAND has a second loop "Pac-Land Pro" but I don't have the balls to sit through 30 stages again. Things get pretty hectic in later stages if the attract demos are right -- I saw ghosts moving like 1/2 screen per second :lol:

esteban

Quote from: guest on 08/04/2016, 08:26 PMIMG

edit: PAC-LAND has a second loop "Pac-Land Pro" but I don't have the balls to sit through 30 stages again. Things get pretty hectic in later stages if the attract demos are right -- I saw ghosts moving like 1/2 screen per second :lol:
PRO or go home :)

TheClash603

Pretty sure that the fairy woman's eyes have been replicated in every horror movie featuring a ghost made after 1997.

NYGiantFan

photos,google,com/photo/AF1QipP9yQqNDohSvablNJWEnpQRvz_I4xV-6mqGE4-3

NYGiantFan

Well I can't get pics to post for some reason.  Anyway put me down for #128 Victory Run

I'm new to the Turbo and meant to beat this game a while back but been busy this summer.  I wanted to chip in because a member here was very kind in selling me something Turbo related a while back.
Thx for the great community you regs provide.

Fun and challenging game, enjoyed the "garage/parts" aspect of the game.

photos,google,com/photo/AF1QipP9yQqNDohSvablNJWEnpQRvz_I4xV-6mqGE4-3

Lilgrafx

Ha this is awesome! Back when I was active on this forum I set up one of these as well. We only got through 91 games, regardless it was a lot of fun. If I have time I'll try to clear a game or two.

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=11867.0