@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Can Pcenginefx beat all licensed TurboGrafx-16 games in 2016/2017? (115/135)

Started by Bardoly, 12/31/2015, 05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ginoscope

Last Alert:  Such a great game the dialogue is so classic.

IMG IMG
IMG

csgx1

Here's one of my proudest moments in gaming.  For the first time, I was able to 1cc Fighting Street (PCE version) with no cheats/cheating.  Sagat couldn't even touch me, I got double perfect rounds on him.  I am "King of the Hill!"  :D

IMG
IMG

Psycho Punch

A lot of people gives shit to Fighting Street but imagine the literal HELL it must have been to port the game so accurrately on a CDROM format in 1988, without any kind of cdr burners, a time when hard drives had 1/10 of the capacity of a full disc at best, rudimentary PC98 tools and expensive HD-array PCECD drive emulator, and a magnetic tape system to submit masters to the pressing factory. Even with all those difficulties they managed to do an almost 1:1 port, and many other great ports and original games up to the half of the 90's in that same rudimentary system.

The PCE, with hudson soft daring to do a CD system so early, has indeed earned the distinction of "King of The Hill".
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Carparama

I got my girlfriend to look at this thread, and she said "I can beat the Alien Crush in-game score! Let me try!"

IMG

Carparama

And here is my contribution! Tale Spin!

IMG

esteban

Carparama! Where have you been.

More picture of your girlfriend, please.

Thank you!
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Carparama

Hahahahaha, I was contemplating posting a topless pic of me for the second one, but decided against it.  ;)

seieienbu

I've never gotten remotely close, but don't you actually beat Alien/Devil Crush if you get a score that's straight 9s?  Would that put her at around .5% of a complete game?
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Carparama

Quote from: seieienbu on 02/27/2016, 04:23 PMI've never gotten remotely close, but don't you actually beat Alien/Devil Crush if you get a score that's straight 9s?  Would that put her at around .5% of a complete game?
Nobody ever has.  Our high score forum shows that. She has second highest score on forum at about 85 mil from a few years ago.  The first page said the game would be beat if you could beat in-game high score.

Gentlegamer

We can't accept your game clears until you fix your tapatalk signature.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

Carparama

Test!

Edit: Thanks for saying that! Didn't know I could take that out! Awesome.

Bardoly

Quote from: Carparama on 02/27/2016, 04:36 PM
Quote from: seieienbu on 02/27/2016, 04:23 PMI've never gotten remotely close, but don't you actually beat Alien/Devil Crush if you get a score that's straight 9s?  Would that put her at around .5% of a complete game?
Nobody ever has.  Our high score forum shows that. She has second highest score on forum at about 85 mil from a few years ago.  The first page said the game would be beat if you could beat in-game high score.
Yeah, I wanted this challenge to be doable, so that's why I put that rule in.  (Although if someone can max out the score with all 9's, then I'll be happy to note that.   :-"

Updated today.  We're up to 59/134!

TheClash603

Quote from: Bardoly on 02/28/2016, 08:10 AM
Yeah, I wanted this challenge to be doable, so that's why I put that rule in.  (Although if someone can max out the score with all 9's, then I'll be happy to note that.   :-"

I maxed out the score once via a glitch.  The ball was stuck in place bouncing between two point scoring bumpers for infinity.  I think I took a picture and may have even posted it, but that was years ago and my memory sucks so bad I can even remember what Crush it was...  95% sure it was Alien.

esteban

Quote from: TheClash603 on 02/28/2016, 12:26 PM
Quote from: Bardoly on 02/28/2016, 08:10 AM

I maxed out the score once via a glitch.  The ball was stuck in place bouncing between two point scoring bumpers for infinity.  I think I took a picture and may have even posted it, but that was years ago and my memory sucks so bad I can even remember what Crush it was...  95% sure it was Alien.
Ha! That's awesome—just knowing the glitch exists. Collectively, pcefx must have logged a billion hours in those two games...so I don't think it is too common.

:)

brizio

Playing Dungeon Master with the objective to complete it soon. Back at the time I completed it several times. Sherlock Holmes games will be following.

IvanBeavkov

I don't know why it took me so long to read this thread but I'm glad I finally did. This is a cool idea.

Here is my contribution: Somer Assault
/2eda5v7.jpg

Bardoly

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

MNKyDeth

Quote from: guest on 03/17/2016, 09:49 AMIMG

Double Dungeons
Dude, amazing. I actually thought about playing through this one again but just didn't have the time to do it. Crappy game but it does have it's merits as a huge time waster. :)

NecroPhile

I wouldn't say it's a bad game, just bland and longer than necessary.

PukeSter

Clear #15: Legendary Axe

I'm still surprised nobody took this one! I got a personal high score too :)

/2qtju3b.jpg

seieienbu

Quote from: guest on 03/17/2016, 09:49 AMDouble Dungeons
I never finished Double Dungeons.  I enjoyed it a lot as a first person dungeon crawler but eventually found the fun wearing off and the game became too much of a chore as the dungeons got progressively larger.  At one point I was mapping things with graph paper but I eventually just dropped it.  Kudos on the completion.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

ginoscope

Quote from: guest on 03/17/2016, 08:23 PMClear #15: Legendary Axe

I'm still surprised nobody took this one! I got a personal high score too :)
I was actually  really close to finishing this one and then I died. I got lazy and did not try and finish it again lol.  I was at the level where it's a huge maze I think that is close to the end.  It has been a while since I finished the game.

Gentlegamer

I was gonna do Legendary Axe after Sinistron.

But Sinistron won't yield.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

PukeSter

Clear #16: Dead Moon, Score: 1762100

This is one game that absolutely needs a hard mode.

/ab5g7b.jpg

Psycho Punch

Well I give up on M&M3, so if anyone wants to beat that by all means do it.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!

NecroPhile

Quote from: PukeSter on 03/18/2016, 05:46 PMClear #16: Dead Moon, Score: 1762100

This is one game that absolutely needs a hard mode.
That's what the second loop is for.  :P

But yeah, they should give you access to that from the title screen.

bob

What counts as finishing Final Lap Twin?  The quest mode?  (Same question with Tennis)

esteban

Quote from: gynt on 03/27/2016, 09:03 PMWhat counts as finishing Final Lap Twin?  The quest mode?  (Same question with Tennis)
Beating the Quest Mode counts as beating the Quest Mode.

Winning the Championship = beating the game in regular tournament mode.

Same for tennis.

NecroPhile

Phase

DeshDildo

I don't see J.B. Harold Murder Club on the list but this is the "End screen".

IMG
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

eugenepeabody

esteban

Quote from: eugenepeabody on 05/01/2016, 01:48 AMI beat JJ and Jeff tonight

IMG
Damn! This game gets tough at the end! Very tricky.

Congratulations.

:)

NecroPhile

CrackTiger

QuoteMagical Dinosaur Tour – unbeatable edutainment non-game
turboswimbz and shubibiman beg to differ:

http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/28/351/2/Magical-Dinosaur-Tour-us.htm

http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/28/351/1/The-Magical-Dinosaur-Tour-jp.htm

Also, a few people have cleared the TurboGrafx-CD and 3.1 system cards.

The tricky part is getting them to clear them again this year.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

eugenepeabody

NecroPhile

roflmao

I'm surprised Cosmic Fantasy 2 hasn't been completed yet. I started playing through that again a couple of weekends ago so I should have it completed before the year is up. :)

ginoscope

Quote from: guest on 05/04/2016, 04:45 PMI'm surprised Cosmic Fantasy 2 hasn't been completed yet. I started playing through that again a couple of weekends ago so I should have it completed before the year is up. :)
I beat Cosmic Fantasy 2 in November of last year so no way I was going to play that again.  It's a good game but man some of those battles drag out towards the end of the game.  Especially the parts of the game when you only have one character.  It takes ages to kill enemies lol.

I love RPGs and am typically patient with the classic ones but this one almost defeated me lol.

roflmao

Quote from: ginoscope on 05/04/2016, 05:17 PMI beat Cosmic Fantasy 2 in November of last year so no way I was going to play that again.  It's a good game but man some of those battles drag out towards the end of the game.  Especially the parts of the game when you only have one character.  It takes ages to kill enemies lol.

I love RPGs and am typically patient with the classic ones but this one almost defeated me lol.
Yeah, I remember the last time I played all the way through it, back in the late 90s, I was so done with the game I sold it thinking I'd never want to play it again. But time heals all wounds and I started itching to give it another go a few years ago. I received it as a Secret Santa gift and have started it a couple of times since, but fizzled out before completing it. I think this time it's going to stick, though!

DeshDildo

"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

OldRover

Quote from: guest on 03/21/2016, 11:52 AMBut yeah, they should give you access to that from the title screen.
There's a code for it but I don't remember what it is. It lets you start the game in Hard mode.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: Desh on 05/04/2016, 11:29 PMCross Final Lap Twin off of the list.
Holy crap, that final race is impossible. I had a fully upgraded car, and could never beat the final boss. I gave up eventually.
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

DeshDildo

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 05/09/2016, 02:31 PM
Holy crap, that final race is impossible. I had a fully upgraded car, and could never beat the final boss. I gave up eventually.
Pussy.

This post has been approved by Nulltard and brought to you by DoxPhile.

esteban

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 05/09/2016, 02:31 PM
Use
Your
Skills

exodus

I was trying to get through shockman, but then remembered I had only beaten it with the health refill cheat before! doing stage 8 all in one go is like... good lord

Bardoly

Quote from: guest on 03/20/2016, 07:44 PMWell I give up on M&M3, so if anyone wants to beat that by all means do it.
No!!!  Don't give up now!!!   [-o< [-o< [-o<

Quote from: guest on 05/02/2016, 10:34 AM
Quote from: Desh on 04/26/2016, 06:56 AMI don't see J.B. Harold Murder Club on the list....
Bardo fail.  :P
Woops!  My bad.   :oops: :oops: :oops:
Updated to 135 beatable games.

Quote from: guest on 05/02/2016, 11:07 AM
QuoteMagical Dinosaur Tour – unbeatable edutainment non-game
turboswimbz and shubibiman beg to differ:

http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/28/351/2/Magical-Dinosaur-Tour-us.htm

http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/28/351/1/The-Magical-Dinosaur-Tour-jp.htm

Also, a few people have cleared the TurboGrafx-CD and 3.1 system cards.

The tricky part is getting them to clear them again this year.
Lol.   :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well for PCEDaisakusen!, I would call Magical Dinosaur Tour cleared if I watched all of it, every screen, just the same as watching the visual collections, but for purposes of this challenge, it didn't seem to be one (a challenge) other than just finding the time to watch it, so that's why it is not counted.

Quote from: exodus on 05/09/2016, 09:30 PMI was trying to get through shockman, but then remembered I had only beaten it with the health refill cheat before! doing stage 8 all in one go is like... good lord
Go on!  You can do it!!!    :dance: :dance: :dance:

List updated, we are now at 69 completed out of 135!!!  So we are over halfway before half the year is up!  We can do it!!!

Psycho Punch

Quote from: Bardoly on 05/12/2016, 03:10 PM
Quote from: Psycho Punch on 03/20/2016, 07:44 PMWell I give up on M&M3, so if anyone wants to beat that by all means do it.
No!!!  Don't give up now!!!   [-o< [-o< [-o<
To be honest I was thinking about trying it again. I was swamped with other stuff to do when I made that post, and now I'm relatively free to do anything.