Natsume selling old new stock

Started by technozombie, 01/13/2016, 04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigusSchmuck

Figures the best stuff is still ungodly expensive.

CGQuarterly

Wonder how much of that is going to get shipped straight off to be VGA graded.

xcrement5x

Haha, that's pretty funny.  For once you could actually say you are still supporting the publisher by buying their old games :P

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: guest on 01/13/2016, 06:04 PMHaha, that's pretty funny.  For once you could actually say you are still supporting the publisher by buying their old games :P
Yeah no kidding. lol

Psycho Punch

Where are the copies of Dead Moon?
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs!
I had to delete THOUSANDS of error log entries cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

CrackTiger

lol, $610 current bid fir Lufia II. Coolectards assemble!

I wonder how many of these SNES games will be gouged for a premium from being "uncirculated" and "direct from Natsume" and will include any recepts or waybills from these initial sales when flipped.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

esteban

Quote from: guest on 01/13/2016, 07:52 PMlol, $610 current bid fir Lufia II. Coolectards assemble!

I wonder how many of these SNES games will be gouged for a premium from being "uncirculated" and "direct from Natsume" and will include any recepts or waybills from these initial sales when flipped.
If buyers can get documentation from Natsume, then the item's provenance is established.  And $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

I learned something from watching Antique Roadshow.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

EmperorIng

The few times I bought antiques (mainly antique prints/engravings for decoration) I made sure to demand provenance with the sale. One of the things I learned working at an art museum.

I find the item photographs for Natsume's official ebay page charmingly amateur.

synbiosfan

At least Square Enix sold their back stock for reasonable prices.

It's funny to see Natsume do this. I hope they have cases of Lufia II and take idiots money for months.

technozombie

It kind of pisses me off because I've wanted pocky and rocky forever and I would love to bust one open and play it, if not for the outrageous price.

This is a perfect example of why you shouldn't pay a shit ton of money for old games because you never know when a warehouse of old stock will show up.

Medic_wheat

I didn't even know they had an eBay account let alone what they are listed as.

SamIAm

You guys want to hear something really sad?

Disclaimer: I have absolutely zero proof that this is true.

I was searching for threads on Japanese forums that talked about the PCE, and one guy said that he worked at an NEC warehouse in the mid-90s.

Over 100,000 unsold Duo-RX systems were apparently destroyed.

In the discussion that followed, it was said, and this jives with what I've seen, that big-name manufacturers in Japan never price things super-low to get rid of old stock because it hurts their brand image and threatens whatever their latest products are. That's probably true often enough in the West, as well.

Seriously, though, imagine a big cubic pallet of Duo RX boxes 10 wide, 10 tall, and 10 deep. Then imagine 100 of those. All gone.

EmperorIng

That's not unlike Gamestop's practice of destroying their old stock of 4th and 5th gen games when the 6th gen was arriving.

glazball

Quote from: EmperorIng on 01/13/2016, 09:51 PMThat's not unlike Gamestop's practice of destroying their old stock of 4th and 5th gen games when the 6th gen was arriving.
Can you provide any links or proof of this?  I find it hard to believe.  What seems more likely is that they would simply take them out of circulation and store them in a warehouse.  Gamestop has done some dumb things but destroying games seems counter-intuitive since they you know, sell games.
glazball's game collection and wantlist

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: glazball on 01/15/2016, 02:37 PM
Quote from: EmperorIng on 01/13/2016, 09:51 PMThat's not unlike Gamestop's practice of destroying their old stock of 4th and 5th gen games when the 6th gen was arriving.
Can you provide any links or proof of this?  I find it hard to believe.  What seems more likely is that they would simply take them out of circulation and store them in a warehouse.  Gamestop has done some dumb things but destroying games seems counter-intuitive since they you know, sell games.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/05/inside-the-secret-world-of-gamestop-dumpster-diving

xcrement5x

Yeah, there is a guy in my area that does this regularly and trade a ton of cases and stuff into the local retro shop to get stuff he actually wants.  I commend his frugality, but I am not so damn broke I am gonna start going through their trash yet.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: glazball on 01/15/2016, 02:37 PM
The owner of a "Mom + Pop" game store once told me a tale of his friends dumpster diving at Gamestop locations from the early 2000s and on. Totally confirmed this. Said once they stopped carrying retro games for the second time that they simply threw away tons of NES, SNES and GEN titles. Cases and all.
IMG

technozombie

Looking at the video in the link that is field destroy items. Something that has been returned and its not worth it to the manufacturer or GameStop to ship back. When shitty after market controllers are returned they are always field destroy.  If retro games were thrown out they were likely returned as defective and not deemed worth fixing at the time. I was a GameStop store manager for about 3 yrs. I even managed a Funcoland turned GameStop. When the end of retro games came they went on sale. What didn't sell was returned to corporate, not trashed. I'm sure they wholesaled them after that.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: technozombie on 01/15/2016, 06:18 PMLooking at the video in the link that is field destroy items. Something that has been returned and its not worth it to the manufacturer or GameStop to ship back. When shitty after market controllers are returned they are always field destroy.  If retro games were thrown out they were likely returned as defective and not deemed worth fixing at the time. I was a GameStop store manager for about 3 yrs. I even managed a Funcoland turned GameStop. When the end of retro games came they went on sale. What didn't sell was returned to corporate, not trashed. I'm sure they wholesaled them after that.
This is interesting. Thank you.
IMG

OldMan

QuoteI was a GameStop store manager for about 3 yrs.....
When shitty after market controllers are returned they are always field destroy.
My nephew was an assistant manager for about a year. He had to 'field destroy' a nice 17" LCD from one of the promo setups.

Manger insisted he use a hammer.
That really hurt :(

Enternal

Some gamestops have started to convert their wii sections to disc only which also like regular ds means a bunch of case and manuals headed to the garbage.

I manage to hit up gamestop here when they got rid of their 16 bit games. Got Super Mario RPG, Super Metroid and Inindo Complete.

About 4 years ago when they got rid of their PS2 games I brought just over 100 games (no sports) Disc Only :( for a dollar a piece.

technozombie

Quote from: TheOldMan on 01/16/2016, 01:21 AM
QuoteI was a GameStop store manager for about 3 yrs.....
When shitty after market controllers are returned they are always field destroy.
My nephew was an assistant manager for about a year. He had to 'field destroy' a nice 17" LCD from one of the promo setups.

Manger insisted he use a hammer.
That really hurt :(
I once had a district manager who would  just call us and give us his password so he didn't have to come do the field destroy like he was supposed to. Anyways, a manager in a nearby store moved a bunch of PC games to defective( PC was always field destroy) anyways they sat in the back for awhile until the DM called and gave his password then the guy just brought them home.

wilykat

Many years ago, before Gamestop sucked up Funcoland like a cheap hooker sucks up John's wiener, Funcoland at one time bought and sold used VHS tapes.  It was right when DVD first came out and in a few years, DVD started taking over video market and people were dumping VHS at garage sales and boot sale for a dollar a pop. Funcoland stopped buying tapes and their stock just vanished.

I can't believe every Funcoland shipped thousands of used tapes to store in warehouses.  Storing worthless stuff for 15 years is costly, they probably had it smashed or something then tossed in dumpster for tax write off.