@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Thinking about getting a PS2

Started by o.pwuaioc, 01/27/2016, 10:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

o.pwuaioc

Not really, but since there's a PS4 and PS3 thread, and those consoles suck, might as well talk about the last great console here.

Gredler

Quote from: guest on 01/27/2016, 10:45 PMNot really, but since there's a PS4 and PS3 thread, and those consoles suck, might as well talk about the last great console here.
Ben 10 Alien Force: Vilgax Attacks. The best ps2 game.

BigusSchmuck

Groover

I have been thinking about getting a PS2 slim. I have my launch system. I had to get it repaired by Sony. Also don't play disc games vertical on the none slim version it can cause circular scratches.
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: guest on 01/27/2016, 10:45 PMNot really, but since there's a PS4 and PS3 thread, and those consoles suck, might as well talk about the last great console here.
Strongly disagree since i have a PS3&PS4.Still it's not a bad time to collect for the PS2 it can be rather cheap.Though if you want to import for it that will take some kind of mod.With the PS2,plenty of variety beside a good deal of compilations for it also.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: Groover on 01/28/2016, 03:18 AMI have been thinking about getting a PS2 slim. I have my launch system. I had to get it repaired by Sony. Also don't play disc games vertical on the none slim version it can cause circular scratches.
A slim is great for less wear and tear (i.e. no motorized tray). Other than that, hardly see a point.

Quote from: TR0N on 01/28/2016, 03:59 AMStrongly disagree since i have a PS3&PS4.Still it's not a bad time to collect for the PS2 it can be rather cheap.Though if you want to import for it that will take some kind of mod.With the PS2,plenty of variety beside a good deal of compilations for it also.
Free McBoot has been out for over a decade at this point. That said, I don't think I ever actually imported anything for the PS2 specifically. JP PS1 games though have received plenty of love from me.

TR0N

Quote from: guest on 01/28/2016, 04:04 AM
Quote from: Groover on 01/28/2016, 03:18 AMI have been thinking about getting a PS2 slim. I have my launch system. I had to get it repaired by Sony. Also don't play disc games vertical on the none slim version it can cause circular scratches.
A slim is great for less wear and tear (i.e. no motorized tray). Other than that, hardly see a point.

Quote from: TR0N on 01/28/2016, 03:59 AMStrongly disagree since i have a PS3&PS4.Still it's not a bad time to collect for the PS2 it can be rather cheap.Though if you want to import for it that will take some kind of mod.With the PS2,plenty of variety beside a good deal of compilations for it also.
Free McBoot has been out for over a decade at this point. That said, I don't think I ever actually imported anything for the PS2 specifically. JP PS1 games though have received plenty of love from me.
Right i forgot free mcboot works doesn't that need a hard drive to run it ? The most i see worth importing for the PS2 are the shooters for the most part.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

ClodBusted

I'd suggest a Super Slim SCPH-9x, which is the last model of the PS2 line. The hardware on this particular model is decently designed not to fail, and it has an internal power supply. Unlike the regular Slim SCPH-7x, which desperately needs a laser diode fix for certain models and has an external power brick. Or even the older fat models, where each has its own issues... I think from the fat line, the SCPH-5x is the most reliable.

My SCPH-9x plays games fine in vertical, but some game types (PS2 blue CD-ROMs as far as I remember) make the drive vibrate bad, so I stay with horizontal.

I got mine modded to play PS1 and PS2 games from all regions. For PS2 Macross, the great PS1 library of Konami shooters, as well as the occasional PS1 puzzle game like Taisen Puzzle Dama and Puyo Puyo Sun.

xcrement5x

Choppy put a modbo in my PS2 slim and I loved it. Also, there are a lot ofo good cheap games for the PS2, but collectors have already got into it pretty well also, there are plenty of dumb priced games.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)