OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Turbo Duo betas/press copies/protos?

Started by drewbrim, 01/28/2016, 11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drewbrim

I've posted this question a couple other places and it was suggested I check here.  Thanks in advance for any info......

I know they don't look like much but they're pressed discs and have TGXCD in imprinted on the inside ring. The only useful thing googling reveals is a YouTube video with discs that do look just like these. It's informative enough but I was wondering if anyone here has ever come across any of these or knew exactly what they were?

drewbrim

Ha, his video was the one I saw on YouTube, I didn't realize he was a member here.  I haven't played them as most of my turbo stuff is long gone, currently talking with someone local about acquiring one though.

Dicer

I had a few at one point (Beyond Shadowgate/Madden/Gate 3in1) but they are long lost in the shuffle of life :(

incrediblehark

I had 3 of them up until recently. From looking the ones I had over, they were identical to the US releases, except for one I had which was identical to the Japanese retail. From my understanding they were copies handed out to media for review or press releases (1 or 2 of mine said PR Master Disk) I did find them to be interesting and wish I had never let my copies go.

xcrement5x

Quote from: drewbrim on 01/28/2016, 11:00 PMhttps://i.imgur.com/XawzD9w.jpg
So, probably John Madden and Dungeon Explorer II?  I would think Dungeon Explorer II would be the more desirable one since it was, well, not a sports game.  I personally think the DEII one would be interesting since Working Designs did the localization work on it. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

drewbrim

Quote from: guest
Quote from: drewbrim on 01/28/2016, 11:00 PMMaddenDEII-CDRs.jpg
So, probably John Madden and Dungeon Explorer II?  I would think Dungeon Explorer II would be the more desirable one since it was, well, not a sports game. I personally think the DEII one would be interesting since Working Designs did the localization work on it.

Quote from: incrediblehark on 01/29/2016, 05:43 AMI had 3 of them up until recently. From looking the ones I had over, they were identical to the US releases, except for one I had which was identical to the Japanese retail. From my understanding they were copies handed out to media for review or press releases (1 or 2 of mine said PR Master Disk) I did find them to be interesting and wish I had never let my copies go.
Until recently eh?  How much did you sell/trade them for?

NightWolve

Starting bid: US $499.99

What a guy!

synbiosfan

drewbrim

I'd love to have taken one of the comically low offers I received but decided to go this route.  I'm new to this fourm of course but not to collecting.  I have no problem selling it for (much) less privately and off ebay but there is zero price history for something like this, so it's impossible to know what that is.  Which is why some people offered low I'm sure, "hey maybe he'll sell both for $75-100?"  No real harm in that since there is no history to go on.  I'm just doing the reverse of some of you "maybe they'll sell for $500?"  If not then it's no big deal. 

Losing or gaining an extra $100 is immaterial to me, having my curiosity sated selling it on the somewhat open market is.

Sorry for offending you guys

HailingTheThings

Quote from: drewbrim on 01/30/2016, 09:13 PMIMG
Why not just talk to that Syphic guy? Could probably work out a trade, I'm sure he'd want your thangs. Maybe.
IMG

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: drewbrim on 01/30/2016, 09:13 PMI'd love to have taken one of the comically low offers I received but decided to go this route.  I'm new to this fourm of course but not to collecting.  I have no problem selling it for (much) less privately and off ebay but there is zero price history for something like this, so it's impossible to know what that is.  Which is why some people offered low I'm sure, "hey maybe he'll sell both for $75-100?"  No real harm in that since there is no history to go on.  I'm just doing the reverse of some of you "maybe they'll sell for $500?"  If not then it's no big deal. 

Losing or gaining an extra $100 is immaterial to me, having my curiosity sated selling it on the somewhat open market is.

Sorry for offending you guys
An open market would have had a starting point of 99c.

drewbrim

Quote from: guest on 01/31/2016, 01:09 AM
Quote from: drewbrim on 01/30/2016, 09:13 PMselling it on the somewhat open market
Agreed, and listing it at $500 would be what?....a "somewhat" open market correct?  Thanks for playing.

Not sure why Hailing called my explanation 'shit' but whatever, it was truthful.  I have talked with Syphic and we'll work something out if they don't sell.  I just want to do it this way for reasons I already mentioned. 

Whether they sell on ebay or not I will be equally happy.  If they sell for a high price great, if not they will be in good hands of someone who appreciates them.  Win/win.  But doing it this way I don't have to wonder "what if", and that would bother me.  That either makes sense to you or it doesn't, I'm done holding your hands.

NightWolve

Quote from: drewbrim on 01/31/2016, 01:54 AM
Quote from: drewbrim on 01/30/2016, 09:13 PMselling it on the somewhat open market
Agreed, and listing it at $500 would be what?....a "somewhat" open market correct?  Thanks for playing.
It would be, "I'm looking for a big-spending sucka to overvalue a couple of CDs with some marker scribbling on them which might as well be CD-Rs and hand over at least $500 buckaroos!"

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: NightWolve on 01/31/2016, 03:10 AM
It would be, "I'm looking for a big-spending sucka to overvalue a couple of CDs with some marker scribbling on them which might as well be CD-Rs and hand over at least $500 buckaroos!"
Anyone paying $500 for these is smoking butt crack. Enough said.

incrediblehark

Looks like he ended the auction, I'm curious what they sold for privately, I assume that's what happened.

Jason_dicarlo85

EBay coulda ended listing if people were reporting it since they look like burned cdrs

NecroPhile

Great, another scumbag flipper gougetard.

Go fuck yourself.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Duo_R

the $500 ebay price was a nice strategy to inflate value with someone over private messaging. lol
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

xcrement5x

At least it wasn't Dino Force this time guys. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

esteban

Quote from: guest on 02/01/2016, 04:27 PMAt least it wasn't Dino Force this time guys.
I still want to play DINO FORCE
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

CrackTiger

Not sure why Hailing called my explanation 'shit' but whatever, it was truthful.  I have talked with Syphic and we'll work something out if they don't sell.  I just want to do it this way for reasons I already mentioned. 

Whether they sell on ebay or not I will be equally happy.  If they sell for a high price great, if not they will be in good hands of someone who appreciates them.  Win/win.  But doing it this way I don't have to wonder "what if", and that would bother me.  That either makes sense to you or it doesn't, I'm done holding your hands.
All it cost was the last of any dignity you might have left. Afterall, you're not new to this.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

drewbrim

Quote from: guest on 02/01/2016, 02:11 PM
Quote from: guest on 02/01/2016, 11:17 AMGreat, another scumbag flipper gougetard.

Go fuck yourself.
Nothing against this guy in particular.... But isn't it odd how each one of these types that comes here looking to drum up interest for sale of the rarez always opens their self defense with the exact same sentence?

"I am new to this site, but not to collecting."

I laugh every time. I mean... Duh!

Collecting = buying shit.  Everyone in the world has been buying shit since childhood allowance or whatever. Might as well say "hey, I am new to this site but I have been eating and taking shits since birth."
Phew, thanks for showing up NecroPhile, for a while I thought only Nightwolve and Bigschmuck were the only ones bringing ignorance into this topic.  And I've had these discs for a decade so just selling something makes me a flipper? Hilarious.  Also you're a mod here?  Equally so.

Nulltard, I (and others) do that because one of the first responses on here was calling me a money grubbing newb because somehow my single digit post number means I know less, have less, care less, etc....

My favorite part though is that after nobody is able to tell me what the going price is for these things, everyone suddenly becomes an expert when I have to come up with a reserve.  I did so based on the offers I had received (some from here by the way) before listing them, simple as that.

Psycho Punch

This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

esteban

Quote from: drewbrim on 02/01/2016, 06:46 PM
Quote from: guest on 02/01/2016, 02:11 PM
Quote from: guest on 02/01/2016, 11:17 AMGreat, another scumbag flipper gougetard.

Go fuck yourself.
Nothing against this guy in particular.... But isn't it odd how each one of these types that comes here looking to drum up interest for sale of the rarez always opens their self defense with the exact same sentence?

"I am new to this site, but not to collecting."

I laugh every time. I mean... Duh!

Collecting = buying shit.  Everyone in the world has been buying shit since childhood allowance or whatever. Might as well say "hey, I am new to this site but I have been eating and taking shits since birth."
Phew, thanks for showing up NecroPhile, for a while I thought only Nightwolve and Bigschmuck were the only ones bringing ignorance into this topic.  And I've had these discs for a decade so just selling something makes me a flipper? Hilarious.  Also you're a mod here?  Equally so.

Nulltard, I (and others) do that because one of the first responses on here was calling me a money grubbing newb because somehow my single digit post number means I know less, have less, care less, etc....

My favorite part though is that after nobody is able to tell me what the going price is for these things, everyone suddenly becomes an expert when I have to come up with a reserve.  I did so based on the offers I had received (some from here by the way) before listing them, simple as that.
I will pay $1,000 USD.

drewbrim

Quote from: guest on 02/01/2016, 08:13 PMIt is that you went about this in a sleazy manner. The topic of price only came up after you posted your eBay link.
I disagree with that but I understand your point.  I originally came here looking for info as I had asked this question in several places and was directed here.  And I had seen Syphic's video but didn't realize he was a member here or the authority on the matter.  Then I started getting offers and I asked "how much" when someone here said they had just gotten rid of 3.  I listed them at the reserve I was comfortable with based on the offers I had received, got piled on, and then sold them for less off ebay which I would always prefer to do.  I originally tried to trade them for Turbo stuff as I was looking to get back into it but it didn't work out.

I didn't mean to come off as "sleazy", but my posts in this topic have all been sincere.  I appreciate the rational response.

Gredler

NightWolve

Quote from: guest on 02/01/2016, 06:40 PMAll it cost was the last of any dignity you might have left. Afterall, you're not new to this.
Hahaha!! That did give me a good lol.

Quote from: drewbrim on 02/01/2016, 06:46 PMPhew, thanks for showing up NecroPhile, for a while I thought only Nightwolve and Bigschmuck were the only ones bringing ignorance into this topic.
Ah man, and few of these guys have much of a sense of humor... :/ I hate when my joking goes without much appreciation. :(

He says ignorance was brought but I'm pretty sure that has only come from him so far. So, I'm confused, he wasn't possibly hoping someone might be dumb enough to fork over at least $500 bucks for some CD-ROMs with marker scribbling on them ?

Or

Quote from: Duo_R on 02/01/2016, 02:55 PMthe $500 ebay price was a nice strategy to inflate value with someone over private messaging. lol

Psycho Punch

This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

NecroPhile

Quote from: drewbrim on 02/01/2016, 06:46 PMPhew, thanks for showing up Necromancer.....
I aim to please.

Quote from: drewbrim on 02/01/2016, 06:46 PMMy favorite part though is that after nobody is able to tell me what the going price is for these things, everyone suddenly becomes an expert when I have to come up with a reserve.
You asked what the discs are, not what they're worth.  :roll:

Like Nulltard said, it's obvious your goal was to find more bidders and maximize your selling price.  You knew what they were (as much as any of us ever will know anyway) and had already decided what they were worth (a $100 offer is 'comically low'), so what exactly did you hope to accomplish here if not to find a buyer?  Next time skip the bullshit and post in the buy/sell/trade sub-forum, but make sure you lock the thread so nobody can give feedback on how your price sucks.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

UPDATE: Apparently I am in a bidding war.

My offer is currently at $1,350 USD.

Gentlegamer

I should have known when you first asked about value for these at Nintendo Age this wouldn't end well.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

thisIsLoneWolf

I'll try to add something of a positive note, and say that I for one, enjoyed seeing these.