Sega Lord X reviews the Street Fighter II Champion Edition PC Engine port.
Main Menu

I got in!

Started by LETMEINPLEASE, 02/18/2016, 07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LETMEINPLEASE

Nice! It took me almost a year and about 5 registrations to get a account here but Im finally in now.

Don't be jealous of my awesome user name, I was getting desperate  :lol:

Anyways, just wanted to say Hi. Im a Long time TG16 lover, But Never was able to get one as a kid. I do remember Bonk on demo at toys r us but my parents crapped on my dreams and I never got one lol so when I got old enough I bought it on my own. Since then I find the TG16 / PCE my favorite systems out of all and maybe glad that I saved the best for last  :D

Otaking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

Sarumaru

Better late than never! And the PCE is a system with tons of great games. So, Welcome! Do you have any favorite games? :)

SignOfZeta

I hope you're not a bot, a gouger, or a lunatic.
IMG

PunkCryborg

HailingTheThings

Quote from: LETMEINPLEASE on 02/18/2016, 07:06 PMNice! It took me almost a year and about 5 registrations to get a account here...
What.

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 02/18/2016, 08:26 PMI hope you're not a bot, a gouger, or a lunatic.
IMG

LETMEINPLEASE

Quote from: Sarumaru on 02/18/2016, 08:12 PMBetter late than never! And the PCE is a system with tons of great games. So, Welcome! Do you have any favorite games? :)
Thanks! Right now Id say Super Star Soldier and Blazing Lazers are my favorites.

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 02/18/2016, 11:16 PM
Quote from: LETMEINPLEASE on 02/18/2016, 07:06 PMNice! It took me almost a year and about 5 registrations to get a account here...
What.

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 02/18/2016, 08:26 PMI hope you're not a bot, a gouger, or a lunatic.
I registered multiple times giving each one months in between because I had heard that approval can take quite some time. Generally I would just forget about it, and then months later try again.

No not a bot. I dont know what a gouger is. Lunatic maybe depends on who you ask.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: LETMEINPLEASE on 02/18/2016, 11:42 PMI registered multiple times giving each one months in between because I had heard that approval can take quite some time. Generally I would just forget about it, and then months later try again.
I was under the impression that people were having an easier time getting in since adorable forum member Necromancer, became mod. Hmm..
IMG

esteban

Quote from: LETMEINPLEASE on 02/18/2016, 11:42 PM
Quote from: Sarumaru on 02/18/2016, 08:12 PMBetter late than never! And the PCE is a system with tons of great games. So, Welcome! Do you have any favorite games? :)
Thanks! Right now Id say Super Star Soldier and Blazing Lazers are my favorites.
Both excellent games.

Welcome, comrade. :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

PunkCryborg

The reason most people fail to register is because the activation email gets flagged as spam and is in their junk folder

Bloufo

Quote from: LETMEINPLEASE on 02/18/2016, 07:06 PMNice! It took me almost a year and about 5 registrations to get a account here but I'm finally in now.
Sounds familiar.  :lol:

I had similar type issues here.  And that was 7+ years ago.

The more things change.....

NecroPhile

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 02/19/2016, 08:51 AMThe reason most people fail to register is because the activation email gets flagged as spam and is in their junk folder
Yep.  The wait is usually under 24 hours, but it'll be a day or two if they register on a weekend.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Warbucks

Medic_wheat

Let the right one in.

LETMEINPLEASE

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 02/19/2016, 08:51 AMThe reason most people fail to register is because the activation email gets flagged as spam and is in their junk folder
I always checked my spam folder just in case, but never seen anything in it.

Getting into the neo forums was almost just as hard. It wasnt untill I emailed begging to get in that finally worked.  I was also told the same thing about the activation emails, but never seen anything in spam / trash.

Oh well, important thing is now Im here

So...seems like a good time for a noob question....I never really knew about the PC-FX untill looking at the forum here. Is it worth investing in? ie. good games worth playing? Sorry if thats very general, I know nothing at all about it.

LETMEINPLEASE

Quote from: esteban on 02/19/2016, 07:49 AM
Quote from: LETMEINPLEASE on 02/18/2016, 11:42 PM
Both excellent games.

Welcome, comrade. :)
Thanks !

Quote from: Bloufo on 02/19/2016, 09:05 AM
Quote from: LETMEINPLEASE on 02/18/2016, 07:06 PMNice! It took me almost a year and about 5 registrations to get a account here but I'm finally in now.
Sounds familiar.  :lol:

I had similar type issues here.  And that was 7+ years ago.

The more things change.....
haha, glad to hear im not alone. How did you finally end up getting activated?

And thanks to all for the welcomes   O:)

Sarumaru

The PC-FX has a few really good titles that really make the system shine. However, the library is very small. Hopefully this will change soon once people start developing new homebrew for it, which is something I have been waiting years for....

LETMEINPLEASE

Quote from: Sarumaru on 02/19/2016, 02:45 PMThe PC-FX has a few really good titles that really make the system shine. However, the library is very small. Hopefully this will change soon once people start developing new homebrew for it, which is something I have been waiting years for....
Cool, Which ones would you consider those to be?

Is their any shooters (shmups) for it?

NecroPhile

I always recommend people download an emulator and a bunch of isos to decide for themselves if it's worth it; it's a question that can't really be answered when we don't know what kind of games you like or your tolerance for moon runes.  There's not a lot of pick up and play shewties or platformers, so it's not for you if you don't like RPGs, digi-comics, sim games, etc.

There's only one shewtie: Zeroigar.  Other gaijin friendly titles are Chip Chan Kick, Zenki, Ruruli Ra Rura, and Welcome to Pia Carrot with the translation patch.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

johnnykonami

Enjoy your stay!

PunkCryborg

I enjoy the PCFX, it was a pretty cheap console to pick up ($80) and I've only played CDrs on it since the good games are all too expensive for me

NightWolve

I thought you were doing a play on Jeff Bridges' "I got in!" line from Tron: Legacy. ;) Love that movie!

JoshTurboTrollX

Tron Legacy is an oft overlooked gem.  Great movie on an HD TV for sure!  :)

Well, the PCFX is an interesting console+library.  You have a few exciting action games and then several very well done sims/RPGs/comic style games.  You almost have to just appreciate them for what they are and enjoy the soundtrack and scenes.  Once you figure that out, you might find the PC-FX a truly enjoyable treat!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

residentevil