OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

T. Ractorhead Question

Started by dallaspattern, 03/16/2016, 10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dallaspattern

PukeSter

My guess is because the villain is King Drool III (the third)

ParanoiaDragon

I don't think King Drool of Bonk 1 was the 3rd, unless he was called that in Japan?  I forget what his Jp name is....
IMG

ccovell

Drool's Japanese name is Tamagodon.  I'll check later to see what T.Ractor's Japanese name is...

ParanoiaDragon

Ok, I was thinking it was King Tomago(I LOVE that stuff, haven't had it in a while though).  Maybe there was even a joke in one of the games calling him Tomago?
IMG

ccovell

Well... the joke is that "King TAMAgodon" sounds a lot like "kintama" in Japanese.... y'know, testicles.

esteban

Quote from: ccovell on 03/18/2016, 03:52 AMWell... the joke is that "King TAMAgodon" sounds a lot like "kintama" in Japanese.... y'know, testicles.
Deez Genjins
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

ccovell

The boss names (from stg. 1):

Dekadan
Shurikain (rhymes with "main")
Gangohn
Apollo (the boxer, of course)
Aruraune (this is evil Princess "Za")
Tamagodon III-Gou  (or 3rd-generation train? ("gou" is a suffix given to vehicle / train model names))  Anyway, this is T.Ractorhead.
King Tamagodon III

Za in the Japanese version is "Princess Dragon"

dallaspattern

Wow, there it is! Nice dig bud!

esteban

T.ractorhead and Princess Za are decent localizations, as far as I am concerned. :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG