OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Compatible micro SD cards for Turbo Everdrives

Started by ovalfastlx, 04/08/2016, 02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ovalfastlx

Hello,

I've recently got a Turbo Everdrive and have tried to get it going with my core grafx, which is region modded, but I only get a white screen. I've set both the core grafx and TED to the correct region but still a no go. I'm using a 32 gig micro SD card. Anyone else have similar problems? Or what micro SD card is best?

Thanks

touko

Beware you have a very little switch (for selecting region) on the everdrive,check it first .
Else i'am using a 8Go SD formated in fat32 .

TDIRunner

I'll check to see what brand my SD card is tonight.

However, keep in mind that many people on the Krikzz forum have reported TED issues when their Core Grafx or whichever PC Engine model they are using has a region mod.  Basically, some region mods work with the TED, and some don't.  If you don't get an answer here, check the Krikzz forum and let them know how the region mod was installed.  Someone there can probably tell you if the mod itself is the problem.
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

CGQuarterly

I don't think that the SD card has anything to do with your particular problem, but I will say that in my experience Everdrives don't care for some brands of card.  My Mega ED was giving me some shit not too long ago when I was trying to use it with some off-brand card.  Bought a Samsung card for it, and the problem persisted.  Returned it and bought a Sandisk card and now it's happy.  I use Sandisks in all of my EDs, which is actually what Krikzz recommends.

touko

Of  course,and i thought mine was also damaged (white screen), until someone told me about this little switch, and miracle, my card was ok .

NecroPhile

I'd have to check to make sure, but I think mine is a Sandisk.  It's not worth the few pennies you save going with a no-name brand card, as they seem to have more compatibility issues and are less reliable in the long run.

Whatever mine is, it's an older 4gb one that I snagged out of my equally old camera.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

ovalfastlx

Quote from: TDIRunner on 04/08/2016, 10:16 AMI'll check to see what brand my SD card is tonight.

However, keep in mind that many people on the Krikzz forum have reported TED issues when their Core Grafx or whichever PC Engine model they are using has a region mod.  Basically, some region mods work with the TED, and some don't.  If you don't get an answer here, check the Krikzz forum and let them know how the region mod was installed.  Someone there can probably tell you if the mod itself is the problem.
Turns out there might be an issue with the board. Might have to order another one.

Digi.k

I am using kingston for mine and I got a problem with some of the HES files. 

Some play fine but others sound very distorted with lots of noise and play very speeded up.  Problem with the HES file?

Keith Courage

whether you have a region mod that is Turbo everdrive friendly or not you should at least get to a file system menu screen.

meaning, you should still at least be able to get to the point where you can try to load a game or a game might load and have glitchy Graphics if the region mod is a problem. I couldn't see the region mod causing a plain white screen if it's on the correct setting.

TDIRunner

I finally got a chance to sit down and check.  I'm using a 2GB SanDisk micro SD card.
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

NecroPhile

I was wrong on the brand.  My 4gb card is from Kingston not Sandisk.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

ovalfastlx

Quick update, I was able send the TED back and get a replacement.  I will try a SanDisk brand, since I have one to try. Thanks

ovalfastlx

Final update.  I sent the console (Coregrafx) and TED to Keith Courage and he fixed the problem. Great guy. Thanks

bacon industry

MNKyDeth

I know you have this issue already resolved....

My local stores don't sell very small GB micro SD cards anymore. But I have found that the 32GB cards from Sandisk do not work.

The 16GB ones from Sandisk do work. Well, they work in my EverdriveMD and TED v2.4.
So for myself I stocked up on more of the 16GB ones as I plan on getting a couple more everdrives for other consoles down the road yet.

I did not try any 8GB micro SD cards from Sandisk although I should have I just jumped on the 16GB ones since they worked in two different everdrives that I have.

ovalfastlx

Quote from: bacon industry on 04/25/2016, 04:57 PMWhat was the problem?
The problem had to do with the region mod that was installed on my Coregrafx,  Hopefully Keith Courage can explain it, but he got the TED V2.4 working with  the region mod.

bacon industry

Glad you got it all sorted and working.