10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Duo RX with Working CD Audio but not HuCard Audio?

Started by Domino82, 04/15/2016, 10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Domino82

Hey guys, I recently sold a Duo RX that I thought was in working condition, but the buyer (who I trust) says there is audio when playing CD games but not HuCards. I could have sworn both were fine, so I'm hoping there is some simple solution we're missing here...

Aren't RX's known for not needing recaps? Have tried multiple games and slot is clean. Thanks for any advice!

Domino82

Any thoughts on this? It would really help to know if this is a re-cap issue or if there is a simple solution we are overlooking. Since I sold the RX in good faith thinking it was fully working, I plan to pay (or at least help pay) for the repair (and we don't live in the same city). 

Thanks!

Fidde_se

There are 3 different sounds inside a Duo, first we have Hu-Card sounds that are either simple bleeps or blops and simple digitized audio, then for CD gaming we have the array of Hu-Card sounds + ADPCM, advanced (for the time) digitized audio (voice/wave synthesizer) + CD-AUDIO.

So, are you missing Hu-Card sounds even when using CD? might be a 4558 OP Amp just popped for the huey sounds, or moisture took a bite on a via powering one...
GW/GB/GBP/GBL/GBC/GBA/GBASP/GBASP2/GBM/DS/DSL/DSiXL/3DS/PM/VB/FC/NES/SNES/N64/GC/Wii/PS/PSONE/PS2/PS2S/
SMS/SMS2/GG/NOM/MD/MD2/MD3/MD1CD/SS/DC/XB/XB360/NGP/NGPC/NGPC2/WS/WSC/CSW/PCEGT/PCE/PCECG1/PCECG2/
PCECD/TG16TE/NGAGE/GIZ/GP32/GP2XF1/GP2XF2/GP2XWIZ/GP2XCAN/DA320/ST520/ST1040/LNX/LNX2/JAG/PORT/CD32/A500/
C64/CDi/VMU/POCKSTN/PSP/PSPCFW/FDS/VSM