RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Monster In My Pocket, I think?

Started by HailingTheThings, 04/17/2016, 05:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HailingTheThings

Can anyone tell me if this is a Monster In My Pocket figure? Also what its name is? Also where to find one? #HELP

IMG
IMG

Galder

Hehe, it looks cool. Monster in my pocket would be my guess too. I don't think I have ever seen it before though and I am afraid I know as much as you do about it.

bob

looks like Monster, but personally, I never knew much about them either.  remember M.U.S.C.L.E.?
the blue kind of reminds me when they went colored later in the run of those guys.  from that original weird pink.

ToyMachine78

I'm not sure about MIMP. I don't think they used that shade of blue.

What's the significance of that particular figure?

wilykat

The MUSCLES I've had in the past were like soft plastic or hard rubber, non-glossy texture. The picture looked glossy and looked like it's hard plastic.

ClodBusted

Is that a monster in your pocket, or are you happy to see me?

Sorry, there's nothing else I could contribute to this thread.

PunkCryborg

It's not a MUSCLE figure. Is there any marking on the back or feet?

bob

Quote from: wilykat on 04/17/2016, 10:59 AMThe MUSCLES I've had in the past were like soft plastic or hard rubber, non-glossy texture. The picture looked glossy and looked like it's hard plastic.
correct, it aint no MUSCLE.  I wasnt suggesting it was, just the color of it reminded me of them in some nostalgic quick flashback.  maybe its one of those monsters that you had to break open the rock or something?  i may be screwing it up.

Enternal

I didn't recognize it as MIMP, does it have any notable identification marks on it. MIMP had a number that indicated their power level.

http://www.raumhafen.de/galerie/rubber_guys/mimp/

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Galder on 04/17/2016, 07:40 AMHehe, it looks cool. Monster in my pocket would be my guess too. I don't think I have ever seen it before though and I am afraid I know as much as you do about it.
Well, damn. lol

Quote from: gynt on 04/17/2016, 07:43 AMlooks like Monster, but personally, I never knew much about them either.  remember M.U.S.C.L.E.?
the blue kind of reminds me when they went colored later in the run of those guys.  from that original weird pink.
I collected MIMP when I was little, but don't remember much about them. My older brother briefly collected M.U.S.C.L.E.(.) I remember he had one that resembled Hulk Hogan that I was fond of, at least I think that was a M.U.S.C.L.E. figure? I definitely remember playing with them when he wasn't home. lol I vaguely remember when they changed from the original pink-ish color to others, maybe.

Quote from: guest on 04/17/2016, 09:42 AMI'm not sure about MIMP. I don't think they used that shade of blue.

What's the significance of that particular figure?
That's what I was thinking. I was looking up blue MIMPs, but their 2 or 3 shades of blue didn't seem to be a match. As for the significance of this particular figure, well, I was browsing the web... Randomly saw the picture of this figure and it brought back a bunch of memories of MIMP and playing with them with a childhood friend. I really thought that this little critter was a MIMP but couldn't find enough information to confirm it. Signs point to a potential knock-off. This little blue dude looks really cool to me and just wanted to find one to have and to hold if possible, though at this point it seems kinda unlikely that I'll find one. I went through the list of MIMP figures on some fan site and couldn't find him. They were missing some photos, so its possible that he's one of the figures missing from their database, but Idk.

Quote from: wilykat on 04/17/2016, 10:59 AMThe MUSCLES I've had in the past were like soft plastic or hard rubber, non-glossy texture. The picture looked glossy and looked like it's hard plastic.
I want to say that even though certain MIMP figures look as if they are hard, glossy plastic, especially in photos placed in the right light, they are soft/rubbery? So, there is still a small chance the blue guy thingy is a MIMP. Maybe.

Quote from: guest on 04/17/2016, 11:06 AMIs that a monster in your pocket, or are you happy to see me?

Sorry, there's nothing else I could contribute to this thread.
Jesus and I thank you, greatly.

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 04/17/2016, 11:40 AMIt's not a MUSCLE figure. Is there any marking on the back or feet?
I just have the photo. :(

Quote from: gynt on 04/17/2016, 11:47 AM
correct, it aint no MUSCLE.  I wasnt suggesting it was, just the color of it reminded me of them in some nostalgic quick flashback.  maybe its one of those monsters that you had to break open the rock or something?  i may be screwing it up.
You mean like those dissolving bag figure things? I don't recall breakable rock figures. If that's a thing, I must have missed out. lol

Quote from: Enternal on 04/17/2016, 06:44 PMI didn't recognize it as MIMP, does it have any notable identification marks on it. MIMP had a number that indicated their power level.

http://www.raumhafen.de/galerie/rubber_guys/mimp/

I don't have the actual figure on hand and I checked that database as well. Maybe if I just keep checking ebay listings for MIMP I can spot one. If he is in fact a MIMP.

I also came across this website: littleweirdos.net

They seem to be thing when it comes to minifigures, perhaps I'll give them a holler.
IMG

guyjin

does it have numbers on the back? or maybe feet. I remember Monster in my Pocket... 'figures' having numbers on them somewhere. it was how many points they were worth.

edit:  #-o read, then post.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: guyjin on 04/18/2016, 06:38 PMdoes it have numbers on the back? or maybe feet. I remember Monster in my Pocket... 'figures' having numbers on them somewhere. it was how many points they were worth.

edit:  #-o read, then post.
hehe
IMG

wilykat

Still no idea? Maybe it was just some random monster-like figure that you would find in a 25-cents gumball machine?

Medic_wheat

Well it doesn't seem to be a monster in my pocket. It looks like one and is the right color plastic.

I just looked through a MIMP collectors data base that listed every series released and I didn't see it.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: wilykat on 04/19/2016, 08:55 PMStill no idea? Maybe it was just some random monster-like figure that you would find in a 25-cents gumball machine?
Yeah, still don't know, I've looked through a bunch ebay listings for MIMP figures and haven't seen one like him. Still waiting to hear back from littleweirdos.net. Hoping they'll know.

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 04/19/2016, 10:02 PMWell it doesn't seem to be a monster in my pocket. It looks like one and is the right color plastic.

I just looked through a MIMP collectors data base that listed every series released and I didn't see it.
Yeah, I've looked through that database and couldn't find him.

I'm thinking that he's part of some new mini-figure line from these retro throwback manufacturers?
IMG

Sparky

It has a lot of good detail at that small size, could it possibly be from a board game? Possibly from the Might Max series? (( goes off to look))

Haha I like this little monster hunt :)

HailingTheThings

Quote from: guest on 04/20/2016, 06:09 AMIt has a lot of good detail at that small size, could it possibly be from a board game? Possibly from the Might Max series? (( goes off to look))

Haha I like this little monster hunt :)
I think he's adorable. lol Not quite sure about it being from Mighty Max, but yeah he could be from some board game. Really, the possibilities are endless. So many minifigures exist. Ahhh!!!!

Quick edit.

I feel like maybe he's from some TMNT figure from the 90s. I know those sometimes come with minifigures as accessories. Hmm...
IMG

bob

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 04/17/2016, 08:54 PMYou mean like those dissolving bag figure things? I don't recall breakable rock figures. If that's a thing...
HOLY SHIT!  werent those the figures that looked like garbagepail kids?  total rip off.  those WERE a thing.  i do remember the rock ones, but blurry memories.  my childhood escapes me in many areas.
remember G.U.T.S?

HailingTheThings

Quote from: gynt on 04/22/2016, 02:02 AM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 04/17/2016, 08:54 PMYou mean like those dissolving bag figure things? I don't recall breakable rock figures. If that's a thing...
HOLY SHIT!  werent those the figures that looked like garbagepail kids?  total rip off.  those WERE a thing.  i do remember the rock ones, but blurry memories.  my childhood escapes me in many areas.
remember G.U.T.S?
Here's the dissolving bag figures:
Are these the rock figures you're thinking of? -
And I just looked up "G.U.T.S!" They look really familiar, I may have had some? Kinda remind me of these minifigures that you carried around inside oversized chrome badges. Can't remember the name for those, though.
IMG

HailingTheThings

Ho-hooooooooooooooooooooooo... so a little birdie told me some things:
Bad Eggz Bunch is where he's from. His name is like Batega or Battegg or something. Maybe I can find one. Maybe.

Yay!
IMG

Medic_wheat

You got it!  Bad Eggz Bunch was it

IMG

esteban

QuoteAre these the rock figures you're thinking of? -
Ha! My brothers and I had a few Rock Lords figures...it was so anticlimactic from Transformers/Gobots (which had an entire mythos)... Now, everyone made fun of the fact that they simply turned into boulders...but throwing and rolling those stupid Rock Lords was actually OK. I guess you had to be creative. Still, there is only so much you can admire a "rock"...transforming into a vehicle was inherently more fascinating (even if you didn't throw across the yard).

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 07/01/2016, 01:13 AMHo-hooooooooooooooooooooooo... so a little birdie told me some things:
Bad Eggz Bunch is where he's from. His name is like Batega or Battegg or something. Maybe I can find one. Maybe.

Yay!
I love the concept, but I am sure this was introduced after my time. Same with the "dissolving bag" toy posted earlier.

Great ideas, though...I love thinking about the initial moment when a creature is birthed (egg, water).
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 07/01/2016, 08:27 AMYou got it!  Bad Eggz Bunch was it
Hmm yes, now the hard part will be tracking one down. They're like EUR only and also hard to come by.

Quote from: esteban on 07/01/2016, 08:58 AM
QuoteAre these the rock figures you're thinking of? -
Ha! My brothers and I had a few Rock Lords figures...it was so anticlimactic from Transformers/Gobots (which had an entire mythos)... Now, everyone made fun of the fact that they simply turned into boulders...but throwing and rolling those stupid Rock Lords was actually OK. I guess you had to be creative. Still, there is only so much you can admire a "rock"...transforming into a vehicle was inherently more fascinating (even if you didn't throw across the yard).

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 07/01/2016, 01:13 AMHo-hooooooooooooooooooooooo... so a little birdie told me some things:

Yay!
I love the concept, but I am sure this was introduced after my time. Same with the "dissolving bag" toy posted earlier.

Great ideas, though...I love thinking about the initial moment when a creature is birthed (egg, water).
Dude, rocks are dope. Only thing doper are rocks that transform. lol

I really wish I could find some of these figures MOC so I could open one up and squeeze the gooey shit out of it like in the commercial. lol
IMG

spenoza

Could be a figure from some old RPG-style board game, you never know. Doesn't look like a HeroQuest fig, though.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 07/01/2016, 06:31 PMCould be a figure from some old RPG-style board game, you never know. Doesn't look like a HeroQuest fig, though.
You have been entered into the raffle, BaddEggz.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

HailingTheThings

Quote from: esteban on 07/01/2016, 07:04 PM
Quote from: guest on 07/01/2016, 06:31 PMCould be a figure from some old RPG-style board game, you never know. Doesn't look like a HeroQuest fig, though.
You have been entered into the raffle, BaddEggz.
He definitely has. Definitely.
IMG

spenoza

Seriously, WTF? How could I miss almost an entire page of posts?

HailingTheThings

Quote from: guest on 07/01/2016, 11:37 PMSeriously, WTF? How could I miss almost an entire page of posts?
Hehe.
IMG