10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Snespad2PCE Raffle

Started by Vimtoman, 05/07/2016, 11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vimtoman

Ok I'm going to raffle one pcb with all components, just needs the PC engine cable side added.

This pcb converts a Snes pad to either a 2way or 6way PCE pad selected by a switch.
The 2way has I and II (Y & B) mirrored with auto fire on X & A.
Select is also mapped to the right shoulder button.

It's not high tech and just totally made up of TTL IC's using a 6way pad circuit.

Have a couple of errors on the pcb so not perfect.

Should have placed a mini 8pin dim pcb socket on the board :( but may do it another day.
Hopefully someone may have a CPU version done by that time.

OK 1 week to for the raffle.

IMG
IMG

Vimtoman

List for Raffle.
1.poponon   6.xcrement5x
2.seieienbu  7.Johnpv
3.exodus     8.gage1013
4.Duo_R
5.hoobs88

OK Raffles finished.
Just ran a random number generator and the winner is.

4.Duo_R

Gredler

Can this be used in reverse somehow? I have an awesome arcade stick on my pce I would love to use on my snes.

poponon

wow this is awesome. do you have a schematic drawn up for this thing that you could share? I was thinking of making something like this a while back. what ics did you use?

I guess i'll enter the raffle too, I have some spare pc engine cables lying around and no 6 button controller.

seieienbu

This is really cool, I'd very much like to enter this raffle.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Vimtoman

Quote from: Gredler on 05/07/2016, 12:05 PMCan this be used in reverse somehow? I have an awesome arcade stick on my pce I would love to use on my snes.
Snes2PCE only

Vimtoman

Quote from: poponon on 05/07/2016, 12:24 PMwow this is awesome. do you have a schematic drawn up for this thing that you could share? I was thinking of making something like this a while back. what ics did you use?

I guess i'll enter the raffle too, I have some spare pc engine cables lying around and no 6 button controller.
I will probably release the schematic at some point soon..
It's pretty much the 6way pad schematic with a serial to parallel conversion of the snes pad.
You can see the IC numbers on the picture on the first post.

poponon

some of them are a little unclear in the photo - are they 74HC163D, 74HC595D, and the last one is kinda hard , maybe 45NYGCK?

I was just wondering because i have a couple 74hc163 but wasnt sure if they were the right sort

exodus

I'll enter it! I'm curious about this.

Vimtoman

Quote from: poponon on 05/07/2016, 06:07 PMsome of them are a little unclear in the photo - are they 74HC163D, 74HC595D, and the last one is kinda hard , maybe 45NYGCK?

I was just wondering because i have a couple 74hc163 but wasnt sure if they were the right sort
you just need to copy the 6way pce pad circuit that uses
74hc157
74hc163
and add two
74hc595
with clock and latch control.
I used a pic chip to do the clock and latch.
there is plenty online about decoding a snes pad using that chip/

the other ic's i used were for the auto fire on the other buttons as requested so you dont really needs those.

Duo_R

I'll enter this one, really cool! Love controller converters.
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

poponon

Quote from: Vimtoman on 05/08/2016, 02:27 AMyou just need to copy the 6way pce pad circuit that uses
74hc157
74hc163
and add two
74hc595

the other ic's i used were for the auto fire on the other buttons as requested so you dont really needs those.
thanks for clearing that up, I'm pretty sure i got the right chips. Now I just have to order an arcade stick and some buttons so I can start building my joystick  :D

Vimtoman

Quote from: poponon on 05/09/2016, 03:46 PM
Quote from: Vimtoman on 05/08/2016, 02:27 AMyou just need to copy the 6way pce pad circuit that uses
74hc157
74hc163
and add two
74hc595

thanks for clearing that up, I'm pretty sure i got the right chips. Now I just have to order an arcade stick and some buttons so I can start building my joystick  :D
Just PM me if you need any help.

hoobs88

1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

xcrement5x

This is pretty dope, please enter me in the raffle as well.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Johnpv

This is awesome can I be in the raffle too?

gage1013

I'd love to be in on the raffle! I am buried and SNES controllers and have but a single PCE controller