Dumb Buyers

Started by bob, 05/20/2016, 12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LETMEINPLEASE

Is there no limit to how much further some of these prices be pushed? Everytime I see a new price Im like ok, thats it, the peak and now expect the decline. Nope, next one is even more and the fukker sells!  Ebays short as shit completed/sold listings look up certainly is seeming to help those with game price amnesia as well. A little memory by those, would do us all wonders here who are still in the reality of moneys value.

csgx1

PCE Works memories set was bid up to $300.  Dumb, but not a huge surprise now days.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/302080082475

NecroPhile

The coin alone is worth $200, right?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

StarDust4Ever

Bonk 3 CD edition is worth some coin by itself so the whole bundle doesn't look too bad IMO.
~From the Nintendo/Atari addict formerly known as StarDust4Ever...

LostFlunky

Quote from: StarDust4Ever on 09/23/2016, 09:58 AMBonk 3 CD edition is worth some coin by itself so the whole bundle doesn't look too bad IMO.
Blah blah raffle etc.

NecroPhile

A real Bonk 3 CD is worth some monies, but a boot?

Gredler

Quote from: StarDust4Ever on 09/23/2016, 09:58 AMBonk 3 CD edition is worth some coin by itself so the whole bundle doesn't look too bad IMO.
You know these are reproductions, right?

CrackTiger

Where are you getting bootleg collector pricing from?
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Keith Courage

the pricing on that is kind of crazy. I saw when that seller had listed it and it didn't appear as if he or she was trying to make a lot of money off of that. The auction started at $50.

LostFlunky

Quote from: guest on 09/23/2016, 01:40 PM
Where are getting bootleg collector pricing from?
This thread!  :lol:

mickcris

From reading some of Stardust4ever's post's, he seems to be a very big fan of bootlegs/repros.  So I could see him thinking $300 for 4 bootleg cds being a good deal.

StarDust4Ever

Quote from: Gredler on 09/23/2016, 01:13 PM
You know these are reproductions, right?
Quote from: guest on 09/23/2016, 01:40 PM
Where are you getting bootleg collector pricing from?
I wasn't aware they were bootlegs. I just made a cursory glance at the auction and noticed that there were a couple games that were pretty desirable. I did not read the fine print, or do a pricecharting search either. I also do not collect for CD systems. The prices the Duos and CDROM add-ons go for is also ludicrus IMO.

Quote from: mickcris on 09/23/2016, 06:55 PMFrom reading some of Stardust4ever's post's, he seems to be a very big fan of bootlegs/repros.  So I could see him thinking $300 for 4 bootleg cds being a good deal.
Yes, I bought four repros (Magical Chase, Coryoon, Bonk 3, Neutopia I + II)  and a homebrew from turbokon, so sue me already.

And again, I didn't realise they were repros because I didn't examine the auction. Whomever won those got boned pretty hard...

Arkhan Asylum

Some sellers who just glom this shit up because $$$$ are starting to not be able to be blamed anymore.

the buyers with no brains or self control are the ones enabling this shitshow anymore.

Everyone's gotta have their shelf candy, and they needed it yesterday.

So, now everyone goes Huerdhdprpry SWIPIN MY VISA AT THE PAYPALS, and buy shit to show off online.

It's hilarious.

and sad.

very sad.

I like when they have denial after you tell them they're a giant bag of dicks for paying 80$ for a loose copy of Bonk.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

bob

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

esteban

Wait... FUCKING PIECE OF SHITE TURRICAN is going for that much (boxed...I'm not talking "sealed")...
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

CrackTiger

Probably helps if you advertise your sealed game auctions on nintendoage.

seieienbu

Quote from: gynt on 10/30/2016, 08:44 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/201700626397
Hmmm......

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=21601.0

I didn't click the link when I saw it in his post because I'm not interested in sealed games.  But really, I would think that a forum with a 400 page thread about how price gouging sucks would be the wrong place to advertise a $560 game.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

NecroPhile

It's crazy what some goobers will pay for sealed games, especially for Turbobs that don't use anything special and aren't hard to reseal (not that this one is a suspected reseal, just that it's easy to do in general).

seieienbu

The thing I'm most amazed by is how normal garbage like this has become that the guy who posted it didn't even get called out in the "Gauging Much" thread.

NecroPhile

He started it out at 99 cents, so it's hard to say he's a gouger.  The buyer, on the other hand, self-gouged himself but good.

bob

Quote from: guest on 10/31/2016, 05:26 PMHe started it out at 99 cents, so it's hard to say he's a gouger.  The buyer, on the other hand, self-gouged himself but good.
exactly.  dumb buyers.
i hope this turned out to be a non-payment bidder.

StarDust4Ever

Quote from: seieienbu on 10/31/2016, 04:14 AM
Quote from: gynt on 10/30/2016, 08:44 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/201700626397
Hmmm......

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=21601.0

I didn't click the link when I saw it in his post because I'm not interested in sealed games.  But really, I would think that a forum with a 400 page thread about how price gouging sucks would be the wrong place to advertise a $560 game.
Based on the ridiculous asking price, the eBay auction linked earlier was a steal! I know it's a free market and sellers can ask whatever they want, but come on...  ](*,)

GoldenWheels

I just bought Browning for 6$ on fleabay.

I'm so happy I can finally qualify for this thread.

esteban

Quote from: GoldenWheels on 11/03/2016, 08:59 AMI just bought Browning for 6$ on fleabay.

It might be worth it. It provides $6 worth of musical entertainment. Plus, there is the game itself. :)

GoldenWheels

Quote from: esteban on 11/03/2016, 03:40 PM
Quote from: GoldenWheels on 11/03/2016, 08:59 AMI just bought Browning for 6$ on fleabay.

It might be worth it. It provides $6 worth of musical entertainment. Plus, there is the game itself. :)
True, the music is pretty good and the tiny bit of what I'll call 'animation' to start was pretty good.

I looked through the manual before playing and I'm like "5 levels? I can beat this." I made it to level 2, and the control is such a shitstorm of non-responsiveness (and why is the gun SO SLOW?) I doubt I can ever get past it.

Still...6$. I'm always going to find it hard to pass on anything PC Engine for 6$ so long as it's not a digital comic/mah jong/rpg.

LETMEINPLEASE

Whoa, someone bought a CIB Air Zonk for over $499 BIN, and then one sold for $479 BIN...huh ok so a air zonk box only is now worth $350 supposedly lol?

jonebone

Quote from: LETMEINPLEASE on 11/03/2016, 08:53 PMWhoa, someone bought a CIB Air Zonk for over $499 BIN, and then one sold for $479 BIN...huh ok so a air zonk box only is now worth $350 supposedly lol?
To be fair, that one was obviously due for a jump.  I started collecting TG16 CIB back in May and was happy to pay $250 for it.  I saw Jackie Chan / Darkwing Duck selling in the $450-$700 range and thought, wow how stupid is that.  They aren't even TG16 exclusives and the NES versions are much cheaper.

So then you take a game like Air Zonk that is a TG16 exclusive and routinely pops up in the "must buy" game discussions for the platform?  I was wondering why it was so cheap and now price is making more "sense", at least speaking relatively to other games in the library.

jonebone

Quote from: gynt on 10/31/2016, 05:39 PM
Quote from: guest on 10/31/2016, 05:26 PMHe started it out at 99 cents, so it's hard to say he's a gouger.  The buyer, on the other hand, self-gouged himself but good.
exactly.  dumb buyers.
Why so bitter?  Seller started it at 0.99 and it sold for what it sold for.  You can hate the buyer for being overzealous but that's not the seller's fault.  More power to him if he got paid.

bob

Quote from: jonebone on 11/04/2016, 12:11 PM
Quote from: gynt on 10/31/2016, 05:39 PM
exactly.  dumb buyers.
Why so bitter?  Seller started it at 0.99 and it sold for what it sold for.  You can hate the buyer for being overzealous but that's not the seller's fault.  More power to him if he got paid.
ugh

sirhcman

Quote from: jonebone on 11/04/2016, 12:07 PMI saw Jackie Chan / Darkwing Duck selling in the $450-$700 range and thought, wow how stupid is that.  They aren't even TG16 exclusives and the NES versions are much cheaper.
You do realize Darkwing Duck on TG-16 and NES share in name and Disney license only? They are not even close to the same game and were developed by different studios!

bob

Quote from: guest on 11/04/2016, 12:17 PM
Quote from: jonebone on 11/04/2016, 12:07 PMI saw Jackie Chan / Darkwing Duck selling in the $450-$700 range and thought, wow how stupid is that.  They aren't even TG16 exclusives and the NES versions are much cheaper.
You do realize Darkwing Duck on TG-16 and NES share in name and Disney license only? They are not even close to the same game and were developed by different studios!
cut him some slack.  he just "started collecting TG in May".
and games dont matter, prices do.

jonebone

I knew they were different and thought I read that the NES version was "better", but I'm not familiar enough to argue it.  Either way, platform exclusive titles tend to pull higher prices than multi-platform ones, hence why Air Zonk being half price of DD or Jackie Chan didn't make a lot of sense.

sirhcman

Quote from: jonebone on 11/04/2016, 12:23 PM
I knew they were different and thought I read that the NES version was "better", but I'm not familiar enough to argue it.  Either way, platform exclusive titles tend to pull higher prices than multi-platform ones, hence why Air Zonk being half price of DD or Jackie Chan didn't make a lot of sense.
There is a lot more that goes into prices than just console exclusives. By your logic Tricky Kick should be an "expensive" game or at least priced competitively with Air Zonk...

NecroPhile

Quote from: guest on 11/04/2016, 12:17 PMYou do realize Darkwing Duck on TG-16 and NES share in name and Disney license only? They are not even close to the same game and were developed by different studios!
I told him that a couple months ago when he made the same ignorant claim, but apparently it didn't sink in.

jonebone

Meh, games just have a feel, there's no black or white rules or magic formula for price.  Since this price surge in TG16 is resulting from spillover from Nintendo platforms, I assumed Air Zonk would gather more attention than DD or Jackie Chan.  So I bought it and it has since doubled while DD and Jackie have stayed flat. 

You don't have to agree, I just thought Air Zonk was obviously undervalued and it only took a few months to level out.

GoldenWheels

I heard if you get undervalued games VGA slabbed they like, quadruple in value.

The Final Lap Twin in my wall safe is gonna get me to Boca someday.

esteban

LETMEINPLEASE

Yeah I dunno I just don't get why the box on Air Zonk matters THAT much vs. the boxes on 90% of the other games. Seems like some of these CIBs surge and then come down. Samurai Ghost peaked at almost 400 for a little on ebay and then a few poped up and with not selling they just kept going down and down and then I think finally the one sold at $199 and that took a while at $199 to finally get BIN'ed (yes I know it didnt have the box tray tho). All you need is just a couple out there to get prices back to sanity, let the impatient ppl pay stupid money. They will buy themselves out of the market for that game and hopefully more sane prices will eventually result. All ya need is for it is for the sale to pass the 3 months that ebay keeps track of it, cause that IMO is what really has made some of these games get stupid on price.  Cause look, that Samurai Ghost that sold for almost $400, isnt even in ebay sold anymore so now it looks like the top price for a CIB one is back more in the $200 range.

CrackTiger

Last year I bought a minty Zonk box for the artwork to design a tattoo. It was an auction. The game was already selling and being listed at similar prices to today, for CIB with worn boxes. I think that I paid $40 for it. I remember that there were current BIN listings for the game and manual that I could buy and piece together a CIB copy for 1/4 - 1/3 of what people were asking and occasionally buying it for. This is why the term "collectard" was coined.

StarDust4Ever

Quote from: guest on 11/05/2016, 04:09 PMLast year I bought a minty Zonk box for the artwork to design a tattoo. It was an auction. The game was already selling and being listed at similar prices to today, for CIB with worn boxes. I think that I paid $40 for it. I remember that there were current BIN listings for the game and manual that I could buy and piece together a CIB copy for 1/4 - 1/3 of what people were asking and occasionally buying it for. This is why the term "collectard" was coined.
I see late era games listed as "CIB" or "CIC" all the time on eBay (using a donor case) that were originally released as cardboard + plastic tray games. Finding one of those complete is pretty rare so peeps get the game + manual and repackage it in a jewel case for a hefty markup. [-X

LETMEINPLEASE

Quote from: guest on 11/05/2016, 04:09 PMLast year I bought a minty Zonk box for the artwork to design a tattoo. It was an auction. The game was already selling and being listed at similar prices to today, for CIB with worn boxes. I think that I paid $40 for it. I remember that there were current BIN listings for the game and manual that I could buy and piece together a CIB copy for 1/4 - 1/3 of what people were asking and occasionally buying it for. This is why the term "collectard" was coined.
Lol nice. Do you have a pic of the tatoo? Id love to see it

Dont get me wrong I need a Zonk Box... but in the same breath I dont see why a box only on a avg. $150ish game with manual usually in case too... makes it currently a $500 game when literally months ago it was half that..
http://gamevaluenow.com/turbografx-16/game/air-zonk?gameid=3#WILD
Look at that jump for CIB...wtf?
Meh, I dunno sometimes the game market makes me want to club a baby seal, sell all my games and start a real life fight club or something

sirhcman

Quote from: LETMEINPLEASE on 11/05/2016, 09:44 PMhttp://gamevaluenow.com/turbografx-16/game/air-zonk?gameid=3#WILD
It didn't really jump, they only started collecting data on this game in March '16.. if anything the price has gone down since they started tracking it.

Edit: I was looking at the "CIC" pricing.. sorry if I confused anyone :)

LETMEINPLEASE

Quote from: guest on 11/05/2016, 09:53 PM
Quote from: LETMEINPLEASE on 11/05/2016, 09:44 PMhttp://gamevaluenow.com/turbografx-16/game/air-zonk?gameid=3#WILD
It didn't really jump, they only started collecting data on this game in March '16.. if anything the price has gone down since they started tracking it.

Edit: I was looking at the "CIC" pricing.. sorry if I confused anyone :)
Unfortunately by default it shows CIC not CIB so you have to click on CIB (for anyone else that may look)

StarDust4Ever

OT, but how does gamevaluenow compare to pricecharting in terms of accuracy?

seieienbu

They both only use easy to gather data.  A copy sold on here for $55 earlier this year iirc.  I guarantee you that price isn't factored into either sale.  For an accurate look at how much something sells for you would need to include all sales and not just the ones on auction sites.

LETMEINPLEASE

Gamevalue only does ebay, not sure about pricecharting. So its only as accurate as averaging ebay sold values.

esteban