@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Beast Psygnosis dev disks

Started by ccovell, 06/02/2016, 11:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ccovell

Hi, folks.  I recently found out that some former Psygnosis staff have made a group on Facebook, and in addition to sharing old tales, one of them has released (so far) 40 floppy disk dumps from disks used in the Early '90s at Psy.

Link: Facebook link

The disk images are a mix of PC-DOS and Amiga formats, with one FM-Towns image in there as well.  Most of the disks contain Deluxe Paint IFF pictures and animations, with test artwork mainly from the FM-Towns version of Shadow of the Beast, with some Beast 2 / 3 stuff in there as well.  (One disk also has the Lynx version of Beast with the Epyx Amiga realtime debugger software too.)

A good amount of the PC-Engine version's artwork is in there as well (seen in some of the DOS IMGs).  It's interesting to see that the FM-Towns version was the lead CD version of Beast, with the PCE version tailing after it.

Some example images:
(PCE version)
IMG
were the following ever used in the game?
IMG
IMG
IMG

And here are some animations showing an in-progress cutscene
IMG
The original animations used in the FM-Towns and PCE-CD versions are in their original IFF ANIM format:
IMG

Very cool to explore if you're handy with disk imaging software and a hex editor!

NecroPhile

'Tis neat that they found those squirreled away and that they still work.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

Goddamn, Covell! This is a great find!

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

SuperPlay

Thanks for sharing Chris great find :-)

Arkhan Asylum

I totally used this as masturbation fuel a little bit ago.

No shame here.  You all needed to know.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

geise

This is cool as hell.  Thanks for sharing this!  I miss old Psygnosis and it's devs.

BigusSchmuck

About the best Turbo related news I have heard in a long time. Awesome!

Dicer

RNSpeed

Love Psygnosis games, specially Shadow of the beast. Played it a lot on my A1200