10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

USB converter for PC engine pad

Started by soop, 06/07/2016, 07:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soop

Hey all, does there exist a USB converter to plug a PCE gamepad into a PC, and does it work with Magic Engine, and does it support the multitap?

I've googled and searched, but I can't find anything.  Has to be PCE since I don't own any Turbo accessories
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

esteban

Quote from: soop on 06/07/2016, 07:48 AMHey all, does there exist a USB converter to plug a PCE gamepad into a PC, and does it work with Magic Engine, and does it support the multitap?

I've googled and searched, but I can't find anything.  Has to be PCE since I don't own any Turbo accessories
Soop!

Where have you been?

Stay.

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

soop

Hi Esteban :)

As much as I appreciate most of the community, unfortunately there are a vocal few that I can't really tolerate, so I won't be sticking around, I'll just leave it at that. 

Hopefully the people I do like know I got love for them.  Feel free to email me or whatever, there's a lot of awesome people here :)

And I'll always pop in on the Bubble Bobble thread every few months to check what's happening!

gheebee

I've looked for this in the past but this board to make your own was the best I could find and I have no idea how well it works:

http://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/nes2usb/index.php

NecroPhile

I remember RetroUSB used to have adapters for Turbobs, but everything else I recall seeing is DIY.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

soop

Ok, thanks guys.  I guess I could always bust out the iron!

xcrement5x

Don't leave soop!  Let the hatters hat and just chill like whatever man.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

gheebee

Good luck! If you get that board and make one then maybe you could come back and just let us know how it works?

ClodBusted

Raphnet's pad adaptors/converters are great, I've got some. Too bad that he doesn't offer ready-to-use PCE/Turbo adaptor. However, that DIY kit should be pretty easy to put together, since the solder pads are large. I might order one someday.

Mishran

Quote from: guest on 06/07/2016, 01:14 PMI remember RetroUSB used to have adapters for Turbobs, but everything else I recall seeing is DIY.
Have one of the RetroUSB installed into a TG16 controller that originally had a bad cord. Controls work great, but the I and II button turbo is erratic. Still happy with the results. Unfortunate he decided to discontinue it.