10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Warcraft Movie

Started by technozombie, 06/11/2016, 11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

technozombie

I went to see the Warcraft movie today. I've never been a fan of any of the Warcraft games, but I found the movie to be entertaining. It's not high brow cinema by any means, but it's better than the reviewers make it out to be.

Dicer

Saw it tonight with 2 people that have no idea about lore or anything about the game, they enjoyed it as did I, the reviewers giving it low scores are on crack.

Story: Yeah it's a little muddled but it's also cut by 40 minutes due to execs and the studio (thanks fuckers)
Acting: Serviceable, and yeah Orcs did a more convincing job overall.
Visuals: EYEGASM, a few scenes blurred by a bit quickly, but the look of Orcs and magic was damned amazing...Also seeing landmarks out of the game brought to life was a joy.
Music: I thought this was a high point, really enjoyed every bit.
Also, the few nods to WoW players was great...wont spoil them but they were great.

BigusSchmuck

As long as I hear the familiar Zug Zug I'll be pleased.

Warbucks

Saw the movie on opening day..

Movie was better than expected, sometimes it got boring due to building a story line.
The action scenes were awesome.
Looking forward to the next one, was hoping to see some rogue action or druid transformations.

There is still sooo much more that can be done.

The little murlocs made me laugh.

technozombie

It definitely felt rushed, I'm actually looking forward to seeing the additional 40 mins in the directors cut.

seieienbu

I played WoW for a couple of years and the RTS games before then.  I saw it tonight with a few friends that I used to be in a guild with.  It was enjoyable cracking jokes about "Who gets the loot for killing (spoiler)" and etc.  Worth the watch I guess even if it isn't exactly Casa Blanca.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

TR0N

Quote from: seieienbu on 06/15/2016, 04:03 AMI played WoW for a couple of years and the RTS games before then.  I saw it tonight with a few friends that I used to be in a guild with.  It was enjoyable cracking jokes about "Who gets the loot for killing (spoiler)" and etc.  Worth the watch I guess even if it isn't exactly Casa Blanca.
Did the movie have this joke !?
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Warbucks

seieienbu

Actually, I watched the movie at the Alamo Drafthouse and they played the Leeroy Jenkins movie before the film started.

TR0N

Quote from: seieienbu on 06/16/2016, 03:27 PMActually, I watched the movie at the Alamo Drafthouse and they played the Leeroy Jenkins movie before the film started.
Haa so they did reference it nice man  :lol:
IMG

seieienbu

Well, the theater did even if the movie we paid to see didn't.

TR0N

Quote from: seieienbu on 06/16/2016, 11:00 PMWell, the theater did even if the movie we paid to see didn't.
Well at least the theater got chicken then  :wink:
IMG