New store focused on TG16/PCE gear

Started by MNKyDeth, 06/12/2016, 12:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MNKyDeth

A bit of self promotion for myself with my new website. If you need something and it's not on PCEFX, check...

www.pcenuggets.com !!!

I will be getting stuff hopefully all the time that people want and hopefully at reasonable prices. The main focus of the site is for repairs and modding but I decided to go the entire way and make parts, mods, cables, systems and games available.

I plan on having more content later on with supporting homebrews and any relevant TG16/PCE news. If you need/want something and it is not on the site hardware wise let me know and I will see what I can do for you. Software/Games I will post as I get more available.

Also, if you are outside of the US and are interested in anything please email me at pcenuggets@gmail.com

I need to mention, it has come to my attention that the site has a very poor layout for mobile devices. I will be trying to figure out how I can make it better when I have free time to do so.

escarioth

Nice :)

...wut... ?
i didnt even know there was a mouse for the PCE  :shock:
US Hucards     :  86/94 (1 repro)
US CD-games  : 40/44 (3 repros)
total complete with boxes 54/111

jtucci31

Very cool, I could use some more extension cables

munchiaz

nice site. might need to snag some extension cables soon

SoulflySolid

in99flames

Nice job on the site! Ill be keeping an eye on it.
 +1 on the extension cables :-P
I am somebody's mommy!
----name that movie quote :)

MNKyDeth

I will be adding controllers today and a duotap and battle tap. I have been spending the last day or two looking for kss-220a and kiss-162a lenses for the original CD-rom units. There really isn't a good place to get these from what I can tell. If anyone knows a wholesaler or where to get them besides old Walkman's, please let me know.

I need to remeasure the Rgb scart cables make sure I have them listed correctly. They may be longer.

I will be adding 8pin din connectors hopefully over the next few days as well when I get my next shipment in. Well, that and spdt switches for the Duo consoles. I think I really like the options console5 has for the switches on the core grafx but if I can find them cheaper I will put them up as well.

I am going to try and get some games in from Japan at some point. Unfortunately because of the US tg16 games market I most likely won't focus on us games. Unless I stumble on what I think is a good deal.

At some point I plan on putting up cap kits as well. I know console5 has them but mine will be ceramic with the thru-holes being electrolytic. So my kits will be more expensive but ceramics for the do it yourself person will make the job a ton easier for them Imo.

So , there is a lot planned to be added. But it's all time and money.

For those that have ordered from me already I apologize for the slow shipping but I didn't have my shipping straightened out yet. As of yesterday things should be getting charged correctly for shipping and delivery times will be much much faster.

Edit:

While I buy up some games from various places. If there is something you are looking for specifically for around a specific price or less. Let me know. If I can find that specific game for that price or less I will make sure to grab you one. This may defeat the purpose of a store, but if you just can't find something and I can, why not get it right?

WoodyXP

Thanks for setting up this store.  I swing by next time I need a part or two.
"I bathe in AES carts."

deubeul

Quote from: MNKyDeth on 06/15/2016, 07:21 AMI have been spending the last day or two looking for kss-220a and kiss-162a lenses for the original CD-rom units. There really isn't a good place to get these from what I can tell. If anyone knows a wholesaler or where to get them besides old Walkman's, please let me know.
I've been hunting those for 3 years, and only could find overpriced ones.

An alternative would be the KSS-320, but you need to swap the ribbons with a 220 (IIRC it doesn't work with the 162). Did it twice, works well.

MNKyDeth

Quote from: deubeul on 06/16/2016, 07:23 AM
Quote from: MNKyDeth on 06/15/2016, 07:21 AMI have been spending the last day or two looking for kss-220a and kiss-162a lenses for the original CD-rom units. There really isn't a good place to get these from what I can tell. If anyone knows a wholesaler or where to get them besides old Walkman's, please let me know.
I've been hunting those for 3 years, and only could find overpriced ones.

An alternative would be the KSS-320, but you need to swap the ribbons with a 220 (IIRC it doesn't work with the 162). Did it twice, works well.
That's actually really good to know. It's at least an option for people that have units with a kss-220a in them already.

deubeul

Yep, but the desoldedering needs some finesse, I remember damaging one of the connector's pin on my first try.

I just remembered about this thread discuting it:

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=16077.0

esadajr

It's on the bookmarks now.

That's a man with a vision. Best of lucks and turbob karmas.
Gaming since 1985

StarDust4Ever

~From the Nintendo/Atari addict formerly known as StarDust4Ever...

jbeedham

I must say MNKYdeth is a solid stand up guy!
Turbo Duo serial#33005824A

77FordTruckMan

I sent him my cd-rom 2 with multiple issues. He kept me updated every step of the way, and I  got it back in perfect working order!

MNKyDeth

Thanks for the good feedback guys. Much appreciated!!

JoshTurboTrollX

Looking really great MNK!  Thank's for giving us a cool option for buying goodies!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

MNKyDeth

The ones I have done so far through the site have all went really well to my knowledge.

I have been having problems keeping the site current with all my stuff though. As I have many things going on currently.

However I hope I can get it updated a lot over the next few days as long as I don't get to far sidetracked while I am at home.

I have a ton of stuff not listed so if there is something you are looking for just message me or email me and I will see what I have for you.

NecroPhile

You gotta move the search box!  It's covering too much of the sweet pce drawing.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

MNKyDeth

Quote from: guest on 09/07/2016, 10:19 AMYou gotta move the search box!  It's covering too much of the sweet pce drawing.  :mrgreen:
Yeah, happens every time I update the theme to a new version. Takes time to go back in and edit the code. I need to find a better solution.

mickcris

Yodachips

Huummm the website link is broken, Cant access the site!!
16-bits are all the rage!!

spawnshop

I get a 403 Forbidden when I try the site :(

MNKyDeth

Quote from: Yodachips on 09/08/2016, 08:02 AMHuummm the website link is broken, Cant access the site!!
Yep, sorry about that, just did an upgrade and it came down. If you have any questions about anything send inquiries to pcenuggets@gmail.com

I am possibly looking at some different software for the site itself so it may be down for another day or two. I hope to get it back up before the weekend or during the weekend.

Yodachips

ok got it, thanks for the fast update!!
16-bits are all the rage!!

Groover

IMG

MNKyDeth

Yes, sorry, I need to redo it. I can't seem to restore it where it was. I hosed the database pretty good yesterday.

It will get back up it will just take some time. Sorry.....

NightWolve

Bad for da bidness, MNKyDeth. Tsk... ;)

blueraven

getting a 403 Forbidden error on the website, MNKy. A file may be out of place?

Good luck with the new endeavor!

mickcris

you could make a temporary sales thread, with all your items, on here in the meantime.  Kind of stinks your site when down just as had someone on youtube directing people to your store.

MNKyDeth

Not sure why it happened. I think it was during an update of the wordpress software. I tried restoring it with my backup but it gave me other errors.
I just don't have much time to mess with it. It's easier at this point to just kind of redo it fresh so I have started down that path.

I will just need to make better backups of the site this next time. Not sure why my previous backups didn't work yet.

Opethian

IMG

NightWolve

His new location, best that can be done. ;)

https://web.archive.org/web/20160706235647/http://pcenuggets.com/?v=93b46a3fc67d

MNKyDeth

Thats awesome.

Actually, I have the site up and running, but I have it blocked by my router currently.

Its a joke now I know most likely, I just have things that must be done as this is a side project for me. Maybe this weekend, we will see.