@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Star Cruiser?

Started by VenomMacbeth, 06/17/2016, 10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VenomMacbeth

Anyone here play this at all?  It's not been translated, but it looks like at least part of the game is action-oriented.  Really interesting that they even attempted pushing a polygon-heavy game of that magnitude on the Genesis, and the music is phenomenal.  Like, I might end up buying the game for the music alone.

But...is it playable at all to us round eye?
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

SuperDeadite

Never touched the MD port, but I have spent quite a lot of time with the X68000 original.  Once you get off the first planet and start cruising around the actual cosmos, it feels quite epic.  Gives me the old Privateer vibe.  However truly completing the game is no easy feat even when you can read Japanese.

I'm still trying to find a copy of the sequel, but it is teh rarez.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

ccovell

I love the music too, but never got very far when I tried to play it.  VGMs will suit me fine with this one.

Arkhan Asylum

It's playable, but it sucks.

and no, it's not that great to play without knowing wtf it says.

Just find the soundtrack.   I just sold my copy of the game like 2 weeks ago. 
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: guest on 06/19/2016, 05:32 AMIt's playable, but it sucks.

and no, it's not that great to play without knowing wtf it says.

Just find the soundtrack.   I just sold my copy of the game like 2 weeks ago.
Sadface...I guess I could load it onto my everdrive & give it a whirl before I spend the money.  But I've been listening to the music on repeat for a few days now...sooo good. <3 and I'm a graphics whore, so just watching the game intro gets my adrenaline going.  Maybe I'll watch it before playing Star Fox or X or something lol.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Speedy

I saw a CiB copy of the Mega Drive version for $15 on Amazon. The screenshots made it look fun, then I tried to play it before buying it and couldn't get anywhere so I didn't bother picking it up. It seems to be one of those games you need either a translation guide (which doesn't exist afaik) or a basic understanding of Japanese to fully enjoy.

Arkhan Asylum

Its just a boring game because its trying to do too much and does none of it well
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!