@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Admit it... You're playing Pokemon Go.

Started by TheClash603, 07/09/2016, 01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NightWolve

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/08/02/veteran-arrested-after-confronting-pokemon-go-players-memorial-park

Old Timer assaults Pokemon Go players, tears down their tent, gets arrested! "Ya no good punk millennials!!! Get off this here lawn with that shit!!"  :lol:

Digi.k

Not surprised, a game like this brings out the best but also worst in people.

NecroPhile

Both sides are rather prickish.  Pokemon hunting at such sites is disrespectful, sure, but what the vets did wasn't any better.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Gredler

This is a pretty interesting talk

shugs81

I quite like pokemon go from a leisurely perspective... Quite enjoy the walking to ???? and travelling places to get different pokemon...

I also think that its done some amazing things for certain people... I.e. the amount of stories of recluses going out to catch pokemon and Making friends ouT of it... Or the hospital story where people put lures on the hospital for the sick kids to play and catch pokemon in their limited distance available is amazing...

Then I hear stories of retards stopping in the middle of the motorway / freeway to catch pokemon it strikes me how horrible and retarded some people can be...

I went to a sea side town for the last few days and enjoyed catching loads of magikarp... But I'll probably not put it on again.... If They gave more basic things like battling other trainers or something it may be better but I can't see them doing that anytime soon...

Its a double edged sword.... The recluse/fat kids will be getting out more but there's a lot of idiots in the world that will spoil it for every one.. 

There's my 2¢ worth..  And that's with faaar too much booze in my system! I got pokemon blue and red from the us before it came out over here in the UK and loved it... Still have my blue... Let some one borrow red and never got it back... Grr... Trying not to buy them again on the DS... Although they have the feature of storing the  Pokemon you have to use in the new sun and moon... Bastards....

Gredler

shugs81

Lol.. Yeah... Cheers... I think... Alcohol is probably not the best idea at this time.... I've just bought a faulty PC engine CD... That doesn't work... Balls....

crazydean

So Digi.K, I see you live in London. I only recognize the giant Ferris wheel because I watch Doctor Who. Google tells me its called the London Eye.

Digi.k

Quote from: crazydean on 08/05/2016, 09:24 PMSo Digi.K, I see you live in London. I only recognize the giant Ferris wheel because I watch Doctor Who. Google tells me its called the London Eye.
aye!

TheClash603

I will be going to London next week, but not to catch Pokemon, as international data is a son of a bitch.

I will probably just stay at my friends place and watch The Young Ones instead.

synbiosfan

wildfruit

Quote from: TheClash603 on 08/06/2016, 01:12 PMI will be going to London next week, but not to catch Pokemon, as international data is a son of a bitch.

I will probably just stay at my friends place and watch The Young Ones instead.
If your phone is GSM compatible get your friend to get you a pay as you go sim. £20 or less will get you a decent amount of data.

BigusSchmuck

munchiaz

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 08/08/2016, 02:38 PMThis guy hates it to the core.
http://gizmodo.com/hot-take-pokemon-go-is-a-bad-game-1784975733
Sounds like a fuckin scrub to me. Anyway, i rather enjoy the game. This is coming from someone who doesn't play mobile games at all. I am a pokemon fan though, and i used to play the handheld games at a competitive level. Besides just enjoying catching and gym battles, i really enjoy the fact that my fiance enjoys this game. She doesn't really play to many games, so its nice to have a game we both play and enjoy. Let the haters hate all they want, no one is forcing them to play

Digi.k

Found these today at the Tower of Druaga London

/AFF84785864F.png

The right time and place!
http://www.king5.com/news/local/pokemon-go-saves-struggling-business/291816887

blueraven

I'm actually not playing Pokemon Go

geise

Quote from: blueraven on 08/17/2016, 07:38 PMI'm actually not playing Pokemon Go
Good for you!  Me either.  I did install it.  :oops: Looked at it for two minutes then uninstalled.  Got home after work and played some Dragon Spirit.  Still can't get shubi's score.  Close though.

Otaking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

blueraven

Quote from: geise on 08/17/2016, 07:45 PM
Quote from: blueraven on 08/17/2016, 07:38 PMI'm actually not playing Pokemon Go
Good for you!  Me either.  I did install it.  :oops: Looked at it for two minutes then uninstalled.  Got home after work and played some Dragon Spirit.  Still can't get shubi's score.  Close though.
Standing on the corner of Shattuck and Center street, in Berkeley I saw a girl walk into traffic while looking at her phone. A person behind her grabbed her by the hoodie and prevented her from getting creamed by a city bus.

...Also, several people have been robbed while playing it around here.

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

TheClash603

Quote from: Digi.k on 08/09/2016, 08:28 PMFound these today at the Tower of Druaga London

/C8E3DD308BCE.png

The right time and place!
http://www.king5.com/news/local/pokemon-go-saves-struggling-business/291816887
I went to London last week and went on a Tower of London tour, while my friends stayed outside and loved the Pikachu and Clefairy nest.

I didn't see a single mother fucking Mr. Mime my whole trip.

Digi.k

Quote from: TheClash603 on 08/19/2016, 01:38 AMI went to London last week and went on a Tower of London tour, while my friends stayed outside and loved the Pikachu and Clefairy nest.

I didn't see a single mother fucking Mr. Mime my whole trip.
Oh I was there several times although mostly in the evenings.  That mr mime is really rare I think he appears in the evening.  I have only caught 1, 2nd time I found him he ran and 3rd time I couldn't click on the pokemon fast enough while the bus drove past. That was just outside the bank of England like around 3am...

my very low cp mr mime
/56935CFCBCF4.png

Did you walk over to the other side where they Mayors Office was?  There was free yoghurt been handed out by the truckload!
IMG

Hatched these guys
/ACB60574AE25.png

Just about 15 mins away from the tower of london is a bulbasaur nest which is directly opposite the Whitechapel art gallery.
/CB5AC7C71BBC.png

TheClash603

I walked around 75 miles when I was in London according to my pedometer, so I probably saw most everything.

Best things I saw were a vulpix nest in front of Buckingham, pikachu and Clefairy nest at tower of London, and Bulbasaur nest at some park by Brick Lane.

By my house it is all eevee nests, I have caught probably 150 eevees, but the people I was with were excited to see the nest at the imperial war museum.

By the way, no video game stores anywhere in London and other than the not good arcade by the london eye there was no real gaming anywhere.

Digi.k

Quote from: TheClash603 on 08/20/2016, 09:54 PMI walked around 75 miles when I was in London according to my pedometer, so I probably saw most everything.

Best things I saw were a vulpix nest in front of Buckingham, pikachu and Clefairy nest at tower of London, and Bulbasaur nest at some park by Brick Lane.

By my house it is all eevee nests, I have caught probably 150 eevees, but the people I was with were excited to see the nest at the imperial war museum.

By the way, no video game stores anywhere in London and other than the not good arcade by the london eye there was no real gaming anywhere.
Yup only get a chain called CEX but none really sell any retro unless you want to head to places like South London, Elephant & Castle's CEX or further down to places like Streatham and Brixton perhaps....

Apparently there is a Mr Mime nest in the heart of Canary Wharf

spawnshop

Can't play it because of my crappy Windows Phone.....LOL.   :x

Digi.k

haven't touched this game in a while but there was an update where you can buddy up with a pokemon to earn candy and this current news of a twitter Pokemon Go player getting mugged has been making the rounds.

EDIT
Oops I meant TWITCH streamer!

TheClash603

Quote from: Digi.k on 09/19/2016, 08:02 AMhaven't touched this game in a while but there was an update where you can buddy up with a pokemon to earn candy and this current news of a twitter Pokemon Go player getting mugged has been making the rounds.
Wow, that is fucked up.  Scary how quick something like that can happen.  Even if his eyes weren't glued to his phone, he still likely wouldn't have seen that coming.

I am still playing while I walk around, but not putting a ton of time into it.  Hoping to slowly get to level 30 while waiting for the next gen to be released.

NecroPhile

Too many shitty people in the world.

Gotta mug 'em all?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

NightWolve

Wow, a monster loose on the street. Dunno how the victim was still conscious after that given the sucker punch nature of it, the impact sound, seems like it could've been deadly even... I saw a captured video a few weeks ago on NBC of 3 thugs that approach a man where the leader gets up close, starts arguing with him, and then takes one sucker punch which later killed the victim... The video shows him walking away from it for a bit, dazed/stunned, but he died some time after.

ClodBusted

Are there any Pokémon in Woodberry Down, Rathbone Market or the Gurken Tower? Just asking out of curiosity, since I was involved in the facade construction via CAD of the former two buildings, and a colleague in the latter one. The last time I was in London was 5 years ago.

Digi.k

Quote from: guest on 09/21/2016, 01:52 PMAre there any Pokémon in Woodberry Down, Rathbone Market or the Gurken Tower? Just asking out of curiosity, since I was involved in the facade construction via CAD of the former two buildings, and a colleague in the latter one. The last time I was in London was 5 years ago.
I'm not upto date on the pokemon spawns lately so I've no idea if this is still valid.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongoLondon/comments/4zbce9/curated_pok%C3%A9mon_go_london_nest_map_30/