10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Flashing a Star Wars RotJ arcade rom

Started by technozombie, 07/14/2016, 03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

technozombie

So I'm not sure where to post this,  but a friend of mine has a RotJ arcade that is giving an error code. Basically it says the the rom pictured is bad. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone could possibly flash a new one for me( my friend really) in exchange for a bit of bread. Thanks.

IMG

majors

Is that a EPROM? Don't "flashable" ROMs have stickers over the center? That could be off the shelf part but I'll let those smarter with this type of stuff chime in.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

bartre

not familiar with this board, but to majors' comment-

that is a flash rom, which are generally (not always) functionally identical to the windowed eeproms you're thinking of.
They're less used in personal applications since they're write once, but they are cheaper, which is why you see them in arcade boards/old game carts.

technozombie

I found a video on youtube where someone flashs a rom for this exact board. I just dont want to buy all the stuff to fix someone elses game, when I have no use for it on anything else.

bartre

Try contacting fox1 on the neo forums

technozombie