RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

10 Cloverfield Lane - Shut up and watch it.

Started by Psycho Nulltard, 07/16/2016, 12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psycho Nulltard

I bought this movie on Amazon Instant Video for $10. I had never heard of it. The trailer didn't really make it seem special, but I was bored and haven't seen John Goodman in a movie since The Big Lebowski.

This is best purchase I've made this year. In part because I didn't have any spoilers.

If you haven't heard of it, do yourself a favor and don't research it. Just watch it. The less you know going in the better.

Every time I thought I had it figured out, it bitchslapped me.

I love being bitchslapped.

ITT: your thoughts with no spoilers. PM me or hit me up in DoxPhile chat- either way nobody else will see what is said so the experience of this movie will not be ruined.
IMG
Psycho John Moriconi sabotaged/destroyed TWO PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook (Cuz Chris Runyon!), then the other by Aaron Nanto (Cuz Le NightWolve!)!!! John and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together mainly because he's also a PCE admin who worked VERY hard to poach members for HIS OWN site which has been an abysmal failure now marred by a legacy of utter mass destruction/harassment/doxxing alliances with KKKFarms . net even despite their involvement in Byuu/Near's suicide! BOTH times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (blackmail/extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang of DildoKKKobolds!

If you suspect he & his gang of psycho cyber bully friends did it on purpose, thought it through to its logical conclusion, preplanned it years before (never let a good crisis go to waste & create it if need be!) and that the PCEFX chatbox launch was just a pretense, you'd be correct...

Feel free to reach out if you wish: nullity_down@yahoo.com
Like DarkKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:

NightWolve

Like null, I saw this recently, but unlike him I was too cheap to pay any money for it and pulled the pirate option with YTS.AG torrents. It has an interesting pay-off making you believe that it's a traditional horror movie about a creepy, paranoid guy and his bomb shelter throughout most of it, but... you'll find out it's a mix of that and something else by the end of it (OK, won't spoil that, don't research it like null says). John Goodman as evil, creepy, control-freak dude gives a great performance, while other actors are OK. Yes, I approve of this thread! If you're a good guy like null, pay money for it to support the movie industry and don't copy that floppy! Anyway, thumbs up and I approve of this thread! Good job, null! :)

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

deubeul

Since a friend took me to watch From dusk till dawn in a theater back in 96,  I stopped watching trailers...  As Nully said, the less you know the better!

10 Cloverfield lane is one of the few movies that make me glad to do that way!

The end is the cherry on the top of an already very good cake, John Goodman's performance by itself is totally worh wathing the movie.

Otaking

Similar to what Nulltard said, with this film I said to my friends if you're going to watch it don't watch the trailer, don't read any reviews, don't read comments on social media or forums, basically zero info about it going in. IMO going in knowing nothing is the absolutely key point about it, the film will be 95% less as good if you know anything about it.

I reckon Nightwolve should wrap some spoiler forum tags around his post (if they exsist on this forum)  :P  :P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

geise

I now have a movie I am going to watch tonight!

Sparky

I saw this in theatres! It was intense like camping.

Bernie

I really enjoyed this one.  Watched it via Ouya with the Kodi App. 

WoodyXP

I saw it in the theater and thought it was a good movie.  I'm looking forward to the sequel. 
"I bathe in AES carts."

GaijinD

Also saw it in the theater. Good stuff. Does a great job of keeping you guessing as to what's really going on. Lots of surprising moments. I'm surprised they managed to release it out of nowhere like they did, but it definitely worked to the movie's benefit by increasing the mystery around it.
Feel like a treasure game on a rainy day.

Warbucks

I thought it was a good movie..not knowing which way the outcome would be.

Gredler

Yeah dude really liked it too.

It was on the TV's in the lunch room and without sound and barely watching it was still intrigting, so I encouraged my girl that we should watch it.

We soon after rented it from redbox expecting it to be OK and satiate my curiosity about the movie.

There were times I couldn't even sit down, I don't watch a lot of thriller mystery etc movies so this one was super intense for me.

The movie is great if you enjoy guessing what's going on, and this movie gives you so many clues as to the happenings but very few concrete facts. Judging the characters and assuming the motives and situation is half the fun, and the whole time it's so danm tense.

Yeah, I really liked it and encourage anyone to give it at least a rental.

jperryss

I may give this a spin tonight. Do I need to watch Cloverfield first?

Otaking

Quote from: jperryss on 07/16/2016, 03:45 PMI may give this a spin tonight. Do I need to watch Cloverfield first?
I don't think anyone should answer, you will enjoy it more if we don't, the not sure exactly what's happening is the good part about the film.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

Gredler

Skip it because cloverfield sucks if you're even slightly acceptable to motion sickness.

Dicer

Amazing flick, Goodman is GOOD MAN...fuck that GREAT MAN.

The only part I didn't totally care for was the very end, but glimmer of hope and all that smultzy bullshit.