Weight Loss Challenge

Started by crazydean, 07/31/2016, 07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

esteban

I am at a family party and weighed myself on a scale that may or may not be accurate. Apparently, after depositing nearly a gallon of urine in the toilet, I GAINED 0.4 lbs (according to this scale) over the span of 45-55 seconds.

To teach the scale a lesson, I immediately ate four pieces of cheesecake.

I WIN.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

khyron65

Quote from: guest on 09/26/2016, 03:02 PMI, too, lost ground over the weekend. Chinese buffet and way too much booze... CSGX most likely has the lead at this point. Lol
This! only add pizza :( was my sunday... oh. and a whole lot of soda! Youd think one day wouldnt ruin a week but somehow it does!

BlueBMW

Seems like I am stagnated at 195 lbs.  Frustrating because I need to be about 178 to have a BMI that is considered "normal"
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

khyron65

Quote from: BlueBMW on 10/03/2016, 06:15 PMSeems like I am stagnated at 195 lbs.  Frustrating because I need to be about 178 to have a BMI that is considered "normal"
That BMI shit is not to be trusted. It says i have to be like 172 to be healthy. At 200 im usually sporting a four pack lol

khyron65

I think next time I see the Doc im going to see if my vitamin D is low again. Maybe see if my testosterone is low. I cant get motivated to do ANYTHING. I know Im not depressed, im on a steady dose of Bonks and Ninja Spirit! :) Last I went to the Doc i was prescribed vitamin D, which is weird cause I get plenty of sun. That hurricane did put a damper on things for a little bit here for sure though

csgx1

It was a tough few weeks, but I managed to overall lose weight after gaining weight during the last weigh in period.  I went to a couple birthday celebrations and enjoyed pizza, Chinese buffet, cake & ice cream, etc. but didn't over indulge.  I definitely got to revert back to the strict diet for the rest of the month.

munchiaz

Sucks i didn't know about this sooner (my fault) I started working out earlier this year,and went from 250 lbs. to 213 lbs. currently. Getting ready for my wedding really helped me focus on the bigger picture

khyron65

If you dont get enough of that D!

The symptoms of vitamin D deficiency are sometimes vague and can include tiredness and general aches and pains. Some people may not have any symptoms at all.

If you have a severe vitamin D deficiency you may have pain in your bones and weakness, which may mean you have difficulty getting around. You may also have frequent infections. However, not everyone gets these symptoms.

The Dr had to prescribe me the D last I went I was so low on D. Which like i said was odd because i live in South Florida and I am outside all the time.

So you guys should get the D, I know it might be scary at first and you dont think you can get it all down but it gets easier  :mrgreen:

munchiaz

Quote from: guest on 10/14/2016, 07:44 AM
Quote from: munchiaz on 10/13/2016, 07:27 PMSucks i didn't know about this sooner (my fault) I started working out earlier this year,and went from 250 lbs. to 213 lbs. currently. Getting ready for my wedding really helped me focus on the bigger picture
Awesome, munch! Congrats on the weight loss, and condolences on the wedding. (;
LMAO, thanks Nul

crazydean

It is check-in day. However, the challenge actually ends on the First of November. I will stop accepting final weigh-ins at midnight and post results Wednesday, the second.
Well gents, C U Next Tuesday!

csgx1

Damn it!  Just this morning my juicer machine broke in spectacular fashion while making my daily kale juice.  The metal filter fell apart, pieces shot out and shattered the side of it, all while making a really loud bang.  Luckily no fragments shot out towards me.

Unfortunately broke at a bad time with the last stretch of the challenge being this week.  The juicer has been a vital tool for my diet and weight loss.  Time to get another one. 

IMG

khyron65

enjoy my $10 jerks!!! lol. I havent gained or loss and i been in various stages of cheating lol. I can live with it for now.

Id look into a vitamix instead of a juicer. They cost a lot but are rock solid and quite scary! I love mines and should use it on more then just mixed drinks lol

Gredler

Yeah my 10 is likely lost as well, as my diet has changed from good to bad to decent to terrible. back up to 241 today on my weigh in

esteban

Only because I am working long days, I have *not* been able to eat as much as I normally do.

My official weigh-in is 220 lbs.

I have lost 8(?) lbs.

I hope to CRUSH IT for the final week and beat Nulltard!

I can achieve this.

wildfruit

Since all you started losing weight I've put it on. The shame. I now have moobs. I hate myself.

esteban

Quote from: wildfruit on 10/26/2016, 06:40 AMSince all you started losing weight I've put it on. The shame. I now have moobs. I hate myself.
I have to-yo'd the entire time.

I bought a pound of spinach on Sunday and haven't touched it yet.

I guess that will be my dinner tonight!

:)

wildfruit

Seriously. They're disgusting. I remember being 16 and having abs.

xcrement5x

Quote from: wildfruit on 10/26/2016, 07:52 AMSeriously. They're disgusting. I remember being 16 and having abs.
I remember being 16 and having Cinnabon. 

I think you won this round.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

crazydean

Ok everyone, the time is almost here. I need final weigh-ins from everyone involved in the challenge. The cut-off time is 11:59 PM Tuesday, November 1st (EST). No late entries will be accepted. If I do not get a final weigh-in from you between now and the cut-off, I will assume a net loss of 0 lbs. A winner will be announced sometime on Wednesday after I get a chance to figure it all out.

esteban

I never pledged $$$ l, but I am still "competing" in spirit :)

seieienbu

I haven't been particularly active in this thread but I've been sticking to my gym routine after I finally got my body to accept the hard truth that yes, I am going to make it lift heavy things again.  I got off to a slow start but I'm happy to say that

Feel free to consider me out of the contest as I did not follow the rules, but nevertheless, I started at 223 and am now down to 211.  12 pounds in three months isn't exactly stellar but I'm pleased that I'm on the right path again.  It took me too long to get back to the gym from an injury but now that I'm there I feel better than I have for most of this year so win or lose the competition I'm happy with my progress.

If we do another one of these any time soon I'll gladly enter it as well.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Sadler

Started at 211. Finished at 209.6. Damn, I really lost focus. :( I did hit a low of 203.4 in late August. Oh well.

Congrats to everyone who managed to stick with it! :D

BlueBMW

Cant remember what I started at...

Weigh in today was 194.4 lbs though.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

csgx1

Started at 163.6
Finished at 128.5

35.1 lbs.  lost. 

Honestly, I'm really surprised how much I've lost overall and quite thrilled with my results.  My target weight was to be around 140 lbs and never would have thought I'd ever reach or even surpass my goal.  I even had to buy smaller sized clothes a few weeks ago.

So after my juicer broke, I used a blender and strainer which worked well but took me a lot more time to make my daily juice.  I was still able to keep at it during this week's final stretch. 

I'm pretty much a skeleton now, just in time for Halloween. :)  I definitely need to do strength training and gain some muscle mass.   

Much thanks to Dean again for putting together and managing this challenge.  I definitely wouldn't have lost as much without you all and this challenge. 

crazydean

Quote from: BlueBMW on 10/31/2016, 01:32 PMCant remember what I started at...

Weigh in today was 194.4 lbs though.
You started at 196.2.

seieienbu

Quote from: guest on 10/31/2016, 07:26 AMStarted at 285.4
Finished at 255.8

29.6 lost... Dammit. I gorged on homemade beef jerky last night, which in retrospect was very stupid. Sodium bombed myself at the finish line. We'll just say it was a self inflicted handicap because I felt bad for csgx losing his juice maker.

Thanks again for organizing this, Dean! 
30 pounds is quite impressive, congratulations!

Quote from: csgx1 on 10/31/2016, 02:19 PM35.1 lbs.  lost. 

But yeah, 35 pounds?  Super congrats!!
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

esteban

216.2 is my weigh in from yesterday. I didn't have time this morning.

roflmao

Dang! Nice Job everyone! If this happens again, I'd like to partake. :)

crazydean

Results are in. First page has been updated to show final results.

1st: csgx1
2nd: nullty
3rd: seieienbu

Congrats to everyone who made progress! I'll have paypal out this evening when I get home.

Gredler

Congrats to you winners, and progress makers. I will join another if you guys want a round 2!

khyron65

Yes. make a round 2 so I can get in on the ground level!

xcrement5x

Congrats to all participants!

Even if you didn't win the contest, every step towards a healthier lifestyle is a real world level up. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

crazydean

Hey guys, Nulltard asked me about a round 2, I know that some of you are interested in doing this again. My life right now is not stable enough for me to be a part of this, so if someone wants to run another one, I encourage you to do so.

khyron65

I was giving this a little thought. These are the holiday months and we are only two months away from the new years so maybe start another challenge on the new year? regardless I will probably stay on here and report my failures until someone steps up and fills the void. Right now im filling my void with food.

BlueBMW

And the next day I dropped to 193.0 Oh well hehe.  Maybe a new years second day round go would be good?

Gredler

The way I look at round 2 is "don't let the holidays set you back into bad habits and gaining weight, and try to even lose a couple during this fattening delicious foods and drinks around us constantly time of year"

khyron65

Quote from: Gredler on 11/03/2016, 02:05 PMThe way I look at round 2 is "don't let the holidays set you back into bad habits and gaining weight, and try to even lose a couple during this fattening delicious foods and drinks around us constantly time of year"

I will likely lose weight over the next few months. I just dont want the challenge to sour any holiday bingging I might take part in.

esteban

I am going to continue (hopefully!) losing weight, so even if a smaller subset want to continue with a challenge (weekly check-in), that would be awesome.

We could set up a google spreadsheet and let folks enter in their weight... formula calculates %lost and lbs. lost ...

khyron65

Quote from: esteban on 11/03/2016, 03:31 PMI am going to continue (hopefully!) losing weight, so even if a smaller subset want to continue with a challenge (weekly check-in), that would be awesome.

We could set up a google spreadsheet and let folks enter in their weight... formula calculates %lost and lbs. lost ...

Yes please.

khyron65

I come to realize that my laziness makes no sense. Went to drive to work today...car was showing tire had low pressure. I didnt feel like dealing with getting change and stopping at the gas station to fill the tires with air. So instead I rode my bike to work 8.5 miles. Admittedly most of it is along the coast of fortlauderdale beach so the scenery is super sweet. 17th street causeway bridge can suck it though!

csgx1

I'm not planning on losing anymore weight at this point but I should try to maintain a healthy diet and portion control.  I might have to get in round 2 if I gain a lot of weight back during the holidays.  I always hear that, losing weight is easier than keeping it off. 

I plan on buying a replacement juicing machine soon, so the prize money will be well spent. 

Good luck to everyone during the holidays.  Definitely gonna be difficult for me to hold back the good eating.

khyron65

Quote from: csgx1 on 11/04/2016, 11:53 AMI'm not planning on losing anymore weight at this point but I should try to maintain a healthy diet and portion control.  I might have to get in round 2 if I gain a lot of weight back during the holidays.  I always hear that, losing weight is easier than keeping it off. 

I plan on buying a replacement juicing machine soon, so the prize money will be well spent. 

Good luck to everyone during the holidays.  Definitely gonna be difficult for me to hold back the good eating.
Take my 10 bucks and get you a nice minty copy of Keith Courage. You earned it!