RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

PC-FX systems for sale

Started by SamIAm, 08/08/2016, 09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamIAm

It's time to get some crap out of my house.

IMG

I have five PC-FX systems that I bought "broken" and fixed by increasing the power of the lasers via a tiny turn of one potentiometer. Each one has performed without error during half-hour tests, and I'll test each one again before I send anything out.

Obviously, this isn't as good as having a system that works with the original setting. There is also the fact that each system comes alone and, aside from one of them, all have yellowed to varying degrees. That's why I'm going to price them low: $20.

The dingiest looking one on the left with the memory-card door broken off, I'll let you have for $15.

The pretty one, I will combine with the box/manuals for my own system and offer for $40. Note that this still comes without a controller.

If you would like a controller, I might be able to source you a brand-new one. The supply looks limited, and it will have to be shipped to me first, but you can have it for $20 total. Please understand that this is the only source I'm willing to go through to provide a controller.

The system weighs 2.9 kilograms according to the spec sheet, so shipping from Japan to the US via EMS will probably be 8000 yen. That lets us go up to 4.5 kilograms, which we'll want for packaging. If you want a controller or the pretty one with the box, let's go with 8700 yen just to be safe (that allows 5.0 kilograms). Economy air mail looks like it will be around 6500 yen. Surface mail (2-3 months) is about 4000 yen.

Shipping might be slightly stalled while I search for suitable packaging from free sources. If you would like me to hurry, consider adding $2 so I can just buy a box at the post office. Padding will be newspaper; if you want something more fancy, that's fine, but it might incur its own fee.

If it sounds like I'm being stingy, just remember that my profit margin on this is next to nothing, and I could go in the red very easily if I get hit for a couple of dollars on each system.

I'll ship to any country, as long as you pay the cost.

If you're interested, let me know via PM. Thank you!

NightWolve

Great prices for anyone interested, although the shipping from Japan will ruin it! Good looking out!

SamIAm

Here is the box that you can get with the pretty one.

IMG

jtucci31

Time for me to get a PCFX now too. Sweet! Can't go wrong with them being so cheap, even if it turns into a Zeroigar box  :mrgreen:

NecroPhile

Kudos to Sam for sharing the PC-FX wealth for cheaps.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

JoshTurboTrollX

very nice deal for all those kids that want to try out a PC-FX but don't want to break the bank!!  +3 Turbob Karma Sutra Sam!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

xcrement5x

Killer price on these units, good luck on the sale man!
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

SamIAm

The pretty one, the beat-up one, and one "normal" one have been inquired about. That leaves two!

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: SamIAm on 08/08/2016, 09:37 PMIt's time to get some crap out of my house.

IMG

I have five PC-FX systems that I bought "broken" and fixed by increasing the power of the lasers via a tiny turn of one potentiometer. Each one has performed without error during half-hour tests, and I'll test each one again before I send anything out.

Obviously, this isn't as good as having a system that works with the original setting. There is also the fact that each system comes alone and, aside from one of them, all have yellowed to varying degrees. That's why I'm going to price them low: $20.

The dingiest looking one on the left with the memory-card door broken off, I'll let you have for $15.

The pretty one, I will combine with the box/manuals for my own system and offer for $40. Note that this still comes without a controller.

If you would like a controller, I might be able to source you a brand-new one. The supply looks limited, and it will have to be shipped to me first, but you can have it for $20 total. Please understand that this is the only source I'm willing to go through to provide a controller.

The system weighs 2.9 kilograms according to the spec sheet, so shipping from Japan to the US via EMS will probably be 8000 yen. That lets us go up to 4.5 kilograms, which we'll want for packaging. If you want a controller or the pretty one with the box, let's go with 8700 yen just to be safe (that allows 5.0 kilograms). Economy air mail looks like it will be around 6500 yen. Surface mail (2-3 months) is about 4000 yen.

Shipping might be slightly stalled while I search for suitable packaging from free sources. If you would like me to hurry, consider adding $2 so I can just buy a box at the post office. Padding will be newspaper; if you want something more fancy, that's fine, but it might incur its own fee.

If it sounds like I'm being stingy, just remember that my profit margin on this is next to nothing, and I could go in the red very easily if I get hit for a couple of dollars on each system.

I'll ship to any country, as long as you pay the cost.

If you're interested, let me know via PM. Thank you!
I'm interested. PM incoming
--DragonmasterDan

SamIAm

It's been a busy day, but a general update for everyone: I managed to do a half-hour test with each system, and they all worked with no trouble whatsoever. Not even a hint of drive-struggling! :D

JoshTurboTrollX

No doubt a week after you sell the last one we will have an "ISO- PC-FX system" thread pop up!  lol

gotta stay on guard for deals like this!!  Thanks Sam!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Arkhan Asylum

I'll grab the retarded one and make it sexy again.   My current PC-FX is goobering out so having a spare (AKA: one I don't have to fix) for cheap seems like a good idea.

Got any other loot to make the EMS worth the while? (PM me)

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Gypsy

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 08/12/2016, 12:41 PMNo doubt a week after you sell the last one we will have an "ISO- PC-FX system" thread pop up!  lol

gotta stay on guard for deals like this!!  Thanks Sam!!
Ha. That would be pretty funny. From the sound of it, they are already all spoken for too.

This system wasn't really something I was planning to get for awhile due to the usual price. But for this price, I could not resist and look forward to playing games on it. Doubt I'll buy any retail discs for it, cdrs all the way.

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: guest on 08/12/2016, 02:28 PMI'll grab the retarded one and make it sexy again.   My current PC-FX is goobering out so having a spare (AKA: one I don't have to fix) for cheap seems like a good idea.

I PM'd for the butt-ugly one a bit ago, but am curious to see what you will do to make it sexy.  I think it would be happier in your home.  I officially pass my order onto Ark.  Once I hear back from SAM, I'll pass along the payment/shipping info to you Ark and you can take. 

Just have to promise to take pics of the process!  :)

Opethian

IMG

xcrement5x

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 08/18/2016, 03:00 PM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 08/12/2016, 02:28 PMI'll grab the retarded one and make it sexy again.   My current PC-FX is goobering out so having a spare (AKA: one I don't have to fix) for cheap seems like a good idea.

I PM'd for the butt-ugly one a bit ago, but am curious to see what you will do to make it sexy.  I think it would be happier in your home.  I officially pass my order onto Ark.  Once I hear back from SAM, I'll pass along the payment/shipping info to you Ark and you can take. 

Just have to promise to take pics of the process!  :)
Just gotta buy the peroxide in bulk and have some patience!  The PC-FX is a bit of a pain though to get the panels and stuff off compared to like a Saturn or PC-Engine though. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 08/18/2016, 04:58 PM
Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 08/18/2016, 03:00 PMJust gotta buy the peroxide in bulk and have some patience!  The PC-FX is a bit of a pain though to get the panels and stuff off compared to like a Saturn or PC-Engine though.
Gotta do the goo.
IMG to IMG
--DragonmasterDan

Groover

PM sent. I hope they are still for sale.next is to track down a controller and some games. one step at a time.
IMG

owlnonymous

If there any left, I will take one. I borrow Punk's every year or so for my carrot and zenki fix. I've been looking for a system for a while.

exodus

I haven't heard back after my PM, are you still alive :3

BlueBMW

He's pretty busy so expect a few days between replies.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

xcrement5x

Ya, Sam sounded like he was pretty busy when I PMed him about other stuff but he said he had me earmarked for what I wanted so just gotta be patient :)

exodus

I will be patient! Things happen when you get busy!

SamIAm

It appears that all five are spoken for now, but thank you for your interest! I will let you know if someone cancels. :)

Gypsy

He lives! Good to see you are okay. :)

Arkhan Asylum

I think I replied.  Did I reply?
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

jtucci31

Hey SamIAm, did you get my message from awhile back?

JoshTurboTrollX

Did all these get claimed? Only curious because I passed along my bid on one to Ark. Hope all is well.  :)

Projekt Pat

I'd love one if they're still available

JoshTurboTrollX

I think they've all been claimed, and now we're waiting to see if busy Sam is not so busy to hook everyone up.  ;)

Gypsy

He shipped mine, not sure about others obviously.

BlueBMW

Sam hooked me up as well.  It arrived several weeks ago
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Gypsy

I mentioned it in the purchase thread, but mine arrived. Still haven't used it beyond checking that it read the disc, as I'm waiting for a controller to arrive in the mail (hopefully tomorrow and I'll have a nice PC-FX weekend)