RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Portland Retro Gaming Convention 2016

Started by BigusSchmuck, 09/03/2016, 11:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigusSchmuck

Who's in this year?
http://www.retrogamingexpo.com/

Prototype Snes Cdrom is being showcased and the Gaming Historian Norm will be there.

CGQuarterly

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

DQ187

I'll probably be there this year. I've lived in Portland for the last 13 years and have never gone. Im not a crowds kinda guy and dont buy alot of games these days but a friend of mine really wants to go and wants me to go so its a maybe for me  :P

xcrement5x

This show always seems like it's pretty neat I feel like a lot of cool stuff always shows up for auctions.  Wish I could have gotten one of those Spot 32X repros awhile back when they did them.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

BigusSchmuck

I'll be sure to post some pictures this year as well. Don't think I'm going to do any tourneys (last year didn't do so hot in Puzzle Fighter), but I will for sure be going to the 8-bit guys speech and either Ben Heck or The Gaming Historian thing.

Sadler

I'll be there! You guys that are going want to meet up for lunch or something?

munchiaz

Sadler

munchiaz

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: Sadler on 10/19/2016, 02:02 PMI'll be there! You guys that are going want to meet up for lunch or something?
Sure, check your pm. :) You wont' miss me and my buddy bigger than life. Literally.

Sadler

Ha! Awesome man, looking forward to it. :D

esteban

Sadler

Quote from: esteban on 10/19/2016, 04:00 PMHell no.
C'mon man, I'm just talking about lunch. I swear I won't use my power as a star to imply consent for any puss grabbing again.

Edit: wtf happened to my avatar?! God, I don't have any idea where the original is anymore.  :?

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: Sadler on 10/19/2016, 07:29 PM
C'mon man, I'm just talking about lunch. I swear I won't use my power as a star to imply consent for any puss grabbing again.

Edit: wtf happened to my avatar?! God, I don't have any idea where the original is anymore.  :?
Just saw this:
http://www.retrogamingexpo.com/schedule.php#panels
5:00 on Saturday, the Nintendo Playstation with Ben Heck. Nerdgasm!

esteban

Quote from: Sadler on 10/19/2016, 07:29 PM

I still love you.

:)

Sadler

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 10/19/2016, 07:42 PMJust saw this:
That should be super cool! :) Also, I didn't realize there was a cosplay contest. Look for me as Nurse Nancy!

esteban

Ben Heck is a hack. :)

It is much kooler to hang out with the old dude who acquired the SNES PlayStation :)

IMG

What's kool is he let me make a video where I rubbed the SNES PlayStation on my left one.

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: esteban on 10/19/2016, 07:57 PM

It is much kooler to hang out with the old dude who acquired the SNES PlayStation :)

IMG

What's kool is he let me make a video where I rubbed the SNES PlayStation on my left one.
I hope it didn't chafe. So you in Esteban? Or are you just giving everyone shit? lol

bartre

may I ask a favor of the someone going?
apparently the folks from Limited Run Games are gonna be there.
they're gonna be pushing some back releases apparently.
I missed 3 vita games, and if someone wouldn't mind grabbing me one (or all 3) that would be appreciated.

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: bartre on 10/20/2016, 01:51 PMmay I ask a favor of the someone going?
apparently the folks from Limited Run Games are gonna be there.
they're gonna be pushing some back releases apparently.
I missed 3 vita games, and if someone wouldn't mind grabbing me one (or all 3) that would be appreciated.
PM me Barte of what you are looking for. Might be able to swing something.

munchiaz

Quote from: esteban on 10/19/2016, 07:57 PM
Met him and his son at the PHX convention a few months ago. Really cool guys. Specially the father

IMG

PCEngineFX

I'll finally be going to this as well - I always tend to miss these events but I'll be there starting Sat.
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG
IMG

NightWolve

Heard from Aaron that Sarumaru will be attending, so FYI to those going. Shouldn't be hard to spot a Henshin Engine booth. ;)

sirhcman

CrackTiger

I'm buying my ticket and will be around a while at least for today.

EDIT:

As a huge PCE fan with a couple games I've worked on being demoed, I walked away with a stack of Intellivision and Neo Geo games. :P

Sarumaru turned out to be as cool as people say, which was honestly a relief. :) Tried out Henshin Engine for the first time and it's much more satisfying than it appears in videos. The new miniboss in the latest stage was a nice surprise.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: guest on 10/22/2016, 03:13 PMI'm buying my ticket and will be around a while at least for today.

EDIT:

As a huge PCE fan with a couple games I've worked on being demoed, I walked away with a stack of Intellivision and Neo Geo games. :P

Sarumaru turned out to be as cool as people say, which was honestly a relief. :) Tried out Henshin Engine for the first time and it's much more satisfying than it appears in videos. The new miniboss in the latest stage was a nice surprise.
Wish I could have met up with you. Sadler and myself hung out by that booth for a good hour or two on Saturday chit chatting. Once again, we missed Aaron lol but at least I got the opportunity to meet with a few folks here. It was so unbelievable how many the vendors were this year in comparison to last year. I got a few pictures I can post of my fat arse and the Oregon Trail booth and of course kicking ass in RC Proam until some schmuck (no relation) beat out my top score by literally a few hundred points. Overall, a lot of fun and got a chance to meet with a few other youtube guys (8-bit guy, The gaming historian and Ben Heck) and will definitely make a trip there next year if my new job permits it.

Sadler

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 10/24/2016, 01:39 PM
Quote from: guest on 10/22/2016, 03:13 PMI'm buying my ticket and will be around a while at least for today.

EDIT:

Wish I could have met up with you. Sadler and myself hung out by that booth for a good hour or two on Saturday chit chatting. Once again, we missed Aaron lol but at least I got the opportunity to meet with a few folks here. It was so unbelievable how many the vendors were this year in comparison to last year. I got a few pictures I can post of my fat arse and the Oregon Trail booth and of course kicking ass in RC Proam until some schmuck (no relation) beat out my top score by literally a few hundred points. Overall, a lot of fun and got a chance to meet with a few other youtube guys (8-bit guy, The gaming historian and Ben Heck) and will definitely make a trip there next year if my new job permits it.
Yeah, it was awesome getting to meet you guys! I *think* I saw Black Tiger at sarus booth Saturday and Sunday, but he seemed pretty engrossed in the game and I didn't introduce myself. I picked up some boxes from syphic, and a few misc other games. I also cornered Bob Mackey in a bar and drunkenly demanded more tg16 episodes. He was super cool and chatted with me and my buddy for an hour or so. Anyway, I had a great time! Hope to do it again next year! :D