RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

FX-Unit Yuki: The Henshin Engine for TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine

Started by sirhcman, 09/19/2016, 09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ParanoiaDragon

IMG

OldRover

So the last battery of tests came back clean. I fixed a couple more minor bugs and did a little more tweaking. The order is being placed tonight and the master will be sent tomorrow.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

DeshDildo

Quote from: OldRover on 03/04/2018, 10:33 AMSo the last battery of tests came back clean. I fixed a couple more minor bugs and did a little more tweaking. The order is being placed tonight and the master will be sent tomorrow.
I will admit, this news gets me fully erect.
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

GoldenWheels

Being bored at work I decide to poke around some of the sub forums I haven't looked in before.

I ordered this a while back and stupidly never thought to see if anyone here was associated with it. To stumble in here and find it is like, ready...if I'm not erect I'm at least semi.

OldRover

The master has been mailed, so now we sit on our thumbs and wait for the snail to do its thing.
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

nopepper

Quote from: OldRover on 03/05/2018, 07:18 PMThe master has been mailed, so now we sit on our thumbs and wait for the snail to do its thing.
=D>

Congrats and thanks for all your efforts! Must feel great after all the trials and tribulations.

Looking forward to spin this in the ole Duo.

roflmao

OldRover

OK so it looks like there's also going to be a Japanese language version of the game that will be sold in a select few gaming stores in Japan. The script is about half translated right now. Anyone know of any software that can convert Japanese text to Shift-JIS code sequences? I can write one myself but it will take some time... would be nice if there was something that already exists. The reason I would need this is because this build will utilize the technique that Monolith used to display Japanese text, which is to read it from the system card's character bank.

NightWolve

Quote from: OldRover on 03/09/2018, 08:03 PMAnyone know of any software that can convert Japanese text to Shift-JIS code sequences? I can write one myself but it will take some time... would be nice if there was something that already exists.
Ah darn, my translation software isn't portable given what it was built on, otherwise I could give you something to jump right in.

But, I might as well offer up my S-JIS-to-Unicode table that limits the S-JIS to the PC Engine System Card range. It was a slow way for me to convert back'n'forth (the faster way was using related Windows language API functions).

https://www.ysutopia.net/projects/xakiii/download/CharCodes.zip

A key point is the PCE System Card only supports S-JIS up to 0x9872, which covers Kanji Set I, so no Kanji Set II characters above that may be used. That is reflected in the file I'm giving you. You can open it in most editors, and take a look top to bottom.

So when I had Japanese Unicode characters, I could programmatically search in it (after one time loading in memory and arranging it in array form), find the S-JIS code in hex, and replace, OR vice versa, etc. Simple enough.

Building it was part of my early research project in Japanese text storage methods when I began PC Engine/Falcom fan translation projects. I left behind stuff like this:

https://www.ysutopia.net/projects/s-jis/

OldRover

That came in quite handy, thanks! :) I was able to write up a script compiler for this project using this chart. I had some trouble initially with the file but I got it ironed out... I just had to change it to a different encoding type. Basically, I used your CharCodes.txt as a character integrity dataset. The source scripts can be done in UTF-8, and then I convert them to Shift-JIS with iconv, which I then feed to my script compiler. It marks anything above 0xDF as an error, and filters anything lower to make sure it's a valid character, as there are quite a few gaps in the valid list. Anything below 0x20 is ignored, though I make an exception and use 0xA as a normal line break (so it'll work in Linux if I choose to do a Linux port of the script compiler). If a 0x7C is encountered, it treats the next byte as a control code (for doing things like changing display faces or making the text pause and wait for a button press). Anything above 0x7E and below 0xA1 tells it to then read the second byte and check the two bytes together against the chart. If it checks out, it inserts the character into the output file and moves on to the next character. It also keeps track of all entry points in the script and thus also spits out a header file I can just #include into the program source to know where in the compiled script to start reading for a particular dialogue scene.

cr8zykuban0

So stoked on the game!!! Cant Wait! Gonna feel like a kid on Christmas day when i get my treasure box!!!

esteban

I am delighted to catch-up on the smooth progress of the Yuki Unit.

Thank you, comrades.

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

OldRover

Looks like we have an official release date for the game... at least let's hope it comes through in time. :D April 12th, the day before MGC'18 begins. Fingers crossed. :D

esteban

Quote from: OldRover on 03/15/2018, 03:26 PMLooks like we have an official release date for the game... at least let's hope it comes through in time. April 12th, the day before MGC'18 begins. Fingers crossed.
Ok, that is magnificent (assuming the timing works out...).

schweaty

Gredler

Quote from: OldRover on 03/15/2018, 03:26 PMLooks like we have an official release date for the game... at least let's hope it comes through in time. :D April 12th, the day before MGC'18 begins. Fingers crossed. :D
So awesome, congrats team Henshin Engine!

IMG

MNKyDeth

Keith Courage

Forgive me if this has already been asked before but who is doing the soundtrack for this game? It sounds fantastic! Love the sound that is going into my ear holes.

Was any of the recording done with real instruments or is it all computer software made?

NecroPhile

From the game's site's credits page:

QuoteComposition/BGM:  Simon Johansson (Garbled Waves)

The Swedish freelance producer Simon Johansson brings his unique musical touch to the FX-Unit Yuki : The Henshin Engine project. From electronic melodies to metal, Simon will deliver that sound. Simon has also worked on many independent projects including Osu! Stream, a music-rhythm game on iOS. Music so good, you're going to want to play with your headphones on.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Keith Courage

roflmao

Awesome! Are you or Saru going to be at MGC? There's no need to mail mine if I can just pick it up from one of you there. :D

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 04/04/2018, 10:38 PMAwesome! Are you or Saru going to be at MGC? There's no need to mail mine if I can just pick it up from one of you there. :D
Same here. You can just bring mine too.

OldRover

I think Saru is going to be there but I don't know for sure. I know I'm not going to be there this year (YET AGAIN... maybe next year). That is... provided he actually has them in time. Turns out that the pressing placed messed up this order too... the demos were initially messed up, and now the official game has a messup of a different flavor. They have assured Saru that he will have properly-manufactured product in his hands by the 11th though. Fingers crossed.

soop

Oh snap, this is BlackTiger and Old Rover?  I might have to consider getting this.  I've been out of the loop
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

Mathius

Quote from: soop on 04/06/2018, 04:34 AMOh snap, this is BlackTiger and Old Rover?  I might have to consider getting this.  I've been out of the loop
Yep. BT drew all the naughty pics and Rovie-poo did the sexy voiceovers.

OldRover

Looks like they're waiting on the books now... ffs, if it ain't one thing, it's another. Ah well... looks like the game itself will be ready to go on its scheduled release date.

Mathius

Quote from: OldRover on 04/07/2018, 01:36 PMLooks like they're waiting on the books now... ffs, if it ain't one thing, it's another. Ah well... looks like the game itself will be ready to go on its scheduled release date.
You guys are almost done! Be proud.  :)

Sarumaru

Yeesh. The hurdles with this game have been CONSTANT. Nothing about any of the processes was easy. I felt like I was met with red tape around every corner. Anyway! How many of you who are backers are going to MGC? I'll bring your copies with me. Let me know below. Also, it's a Rover's birthday today. Happy birthings Rovars! May you be blessed with all the afterbirth.

Mathius

Quote from: Ѕarumaru on 04/08/2018, 07:47 PMYeesh. The hurdles with this game have been CONSTANT. Nothing about any of the processes was easy. I felt like I was met with red tape around every corner. Anyway! How many of you who are backers are going to MGC? I'll bring your copies with me. Let me know below. Also, it's a Rover's birthday today. Happy birthings Rovars! May you be blessed with all the afterbirth.
I'll be there, Saru (Matt Turner).

roflmao

Happy Birthday, Rover!

I'll be at MGC, so I'd be happy to pick my copy up there.

DeshDildo

Quote from: Ѕarumaru on 04/08/2018, 07:47 PMYeesh. The hurdles with this game have been CONSTANT. Nothing about any of the processes was easy. I felt like I was met with red tape around every corner. Anyway! How many of you who are backers are going to MGC? I'll bring your copies with me. Let me know below. Also, it's a Rover's birthday today. Happy birthings Rovars! May you be blessed with all the afterbirth.
I will be there Sour Mario!  (James Hammond)
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

CrackTiger

:boom::duran:HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROVER!:duran::boom:

Too bad the game wasn't out sooner. It would be cool to have a new game you made in your hands just in time for your birthday.

Hope you're doing something fun. :)
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Mathius

OldRover

Thanks y'all. It was a good day. I mostly spent it cleaning, which is my favorite pastime aside from game coding. While moving a box to the attic, the sole wooden rung on the ladder broke, sending me to the floor while the box I was pushing up the ladder bounced off of my head and broke all over the place. Good thing it was just a box of VHS tapes and they were all fine, and that I have a thick head. While in the attic, I found an old NES that my brother had left behind. It still worked. Too bad most of the games that were left behind with it are complete crap, but hey... free NES. My mother made dinner for me and my son, and during our conversation, told me that she no longer had sisters because they can go to hell. Also, Blue Bunny sugar-free strawberry ice cream isn't half bad.

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

NightWolve

PukeSter

esteban

Quote from: The Old Rover on 04/09/2018, 08:38 AMThanks y'all. It was a good day. I mostly spent it cleaning, which is my favorite pastime aside from game coding. While moving a box to the attic, the sole wooden rung on the ladder broke, sending me to the floor while the box I was pushing up the ladder bounced off of my head and broke all over the place. Good thing it was just a box of VHS tapes and they were all fine, and that I have a thick head. While in the attic, I found an old NES that my brother had left behind. It still worked. Too bad most of the games that were left behind with it are complete crap, but hey... free NES. My mother made dinner for me and my son, and during our conversation, told me that she no longer had sisters because they can go to hell. Also, Blue Bunny sugar-free strawberry ice cream isn't half bad.
I gotta find me some BLUE BUNNY sugar free STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM.

I wished you well on shitebook, so I won't repeat myself here. I am a douchebag for spending time on Facebook, though, it's such a shite site and yet I've been posting there.

You old fucking bastard.

Mathius

Quote from: esteban on 04/11/2018, 04:11 PM
Quote from: The Old Rover on 04/09/2018, 08:38 AMThanks y'all. It was a good day. I mostly spent it cleaning, which is my favorite pastime aside from game coding. While moving a box to the attic, the sole wooden rung on the ladder broke, sending me to the floor while the box I was pushing up the ladder bounced off of my head and broke all over the place. Good thing it was just a box of VHS tapes and they were all fine, and that I have a thick head. While in the attic, I found an old NES that my brother had left behind. It still worked. Too bad most of the games that were left behind with it are complete crap, but hey... free NES. My mother made dinner for me and my son, and during our conversation, told me that she no longer had sisters because they can go to hell. Also, Blue Bunny sugar-free strawberry ice cream isn't half bad.
I gotta find me some BLUE BUNNY sugar free STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM.

I wished you well on shitebook, so I won't repeat myself here. I am a douchebag for spending time on Facebook, though, it's such a shite site and yet I've been posting there.

You old f*cking bastard.

I mostly keep FB around for our PCFX chat. You know you love it. :wink:

Sarumaru

Yuki update video. This is hard to post, especially because our Rover deleted his account here due to it getting really hostile in the last 24 hours, but alas.. it is what it is. Anyway, here's the vid.

TheClash603

The first part of that video with the non-working game was hard to watch...  but then the stack of the working game was amazing to see.  Congrats to everyone who contributed on your hard work.

Jester82

Quote from: Ѕarumaru on 04/12/2018, 06:31 AMThis is hard to post, especially because our Rover deleted his account here due to it getting really hostile in the last 24 hours
Wow people on here should be ashamed of themselves. Congrats on getting the the game completed and honestly very excited to try it out!

ParanoiaDragon

People were getting hostile toward Rover?  Why are people so angry?  What did Nod do that made life for other people unbearable?  Sheesh, set backs happen, that's life people!
IMG

exodus

hopefully his account is un-deleted soon!! the internet is a tough place

BigusSchmuck

I'm so happy I could play Windows 95 startup on an accordion!

hoobs88

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 04/13/2018, 09:42 AMI'm so happy I could play Windows 95 startup on an accordion!
Is that Ron Jeremy?
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

geise

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: hoobs88 on 04/13/2018, 10:27 AM
Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 04/13/2018, 09:42 AMI'm so happy I could play Windows 95 startup on an accordion!
Is that Ron Jeremy?
Nope, just his father's brother' nephew's cousin former roommate which has absolutely no relation what so ever.

esteban

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 04/14/2018, 12:13 AM
Quote from: hoobs88 on 04/13/2018, 10:27 AM
Is that Ron Jeremy?
Nope, just his father's brother' nephew's cousin former roommate which has absolutely no relation what so ever.
That dude is awesome. It's a nicely executed video, IMHO.