Going for a complete NA TG16 set! who has one?

Started by Mighty, 10/18/2016, 01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mighty

I'm going for a complete NA TG16 set.
Who here already has one? got any pictures? I want to see what the full set looks like.

:P

tbone3969

"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

NecroPhile

I have four or five so far and am working on another.  I don't take pics, though, as only unboxing videos make my peepee hard.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Mighty

I have no idea what I've done wrong to have my thread in the trade forum locked.
I was just asking to buy TG16 games, on a TG16 forum, in the right forum section.
I reread the post I can't see a single thing wrong with it.
Hopefully I can make another one in the future that won't be locked.

jtucci31

bob

sounds like DQ187 (or whatever it is) or jonbonn (or whatever it is) to me.
couple of lulz though.  the line about "in the right section" kind of gives it away as a troll account.
people wouldnt realize they get crap for that if they havent been around.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Mighty on 10/18/2016, 02:14 PMI have no idea what I've done wrong to have my thread in the trade forum locked.
I was just asking to buy TG16 games, on a TG16 forum, in the right forum section.
Other than you being an obvious troll, there's nothing particularly wrong with it; it was locked because you asked everyone to stay on topic, and that was never going to happen.

If everyone stayed strictly on topic, you'd end up with a bunch of replies saying "PM sent!", and what purpose does that serve?

Quote from: Mighty on 10/18/2016, 02:14 PMHopefully I can make another one in the future that won't be locked.
One is enough.  It serves its purpose just fine.

xcrement5x

I do not collect inferior US games and only stick to the PC (Engine) master race.  My PC Engine set is complete except for the fact I've never been able to locate mint enough copies of F1-Race and Sadakichi Seven.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

780racer

Quote from: guest on 10/18/2016, 03:28 PMI do not collect inferior US games and only stick to the PC (Engine) master race.  My PC Engine set is complete except for the fact I've never been able to locate mint enough copies of F1-Race and Sadakichi Seven.
You shut your mouth, you sega fan boy. I love my US games, with the far crappier art.

HuMan

I approve of banning all discussion, transmission and encouragement of complete set collecting. All it does is foster rising prices.

esteban

Quote from: Mighty on 10/18/2016, 01:46 PMI'm going for a complete NA TG16 set.
Who here already has one? got any pictures? I want to see what the full set looks like.

IMG
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Mighty

I don't understand why people on here are being so hostile.

What's wrong with wanting a full set of games?
What's wrong with wanting to see a picture of a full collection on shelves?
I don't know much yet about the system but I'm interested and want to learn more about collecting for it. I thought a dedicated TG16 forum would encourage new collectors, not attack them.

NecroPhile

Nobody is being hostile and nobody has attacked you.

You've gotta try harder.

crazydean

Quote from: esteban on 10/18/2016, 04:22 PM

IMG
That is clearly not a full set. Where is Darkwing Duck?

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Mighty on 10/18/2016, 05:16 PMI don't understand why people on here are being so hostile.

What's wrong with wanting a full set of games?
What's wrong with wanting to see a picture of a full collection on shelves?
I don't know much yet about the system but I'm interested and want to learn more about collecting for it. I thought a dedicated TG16 forum would encourage new collectors, not attack them.
That might be the problem. Don't need to have them in your hands and up your butt to learn about them. You sound like you have way too much money to burn and not enough sense. :3
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: crazydean on 10/18/2016, 05:31 PMThat is clearly not a full set. Where is Darkwing Duck?
In the boot.  Where else?

780racer

Where did you learn about turbo grafx? What makes you interested in them?

crazydean

Quote from: guest on 10/18/2016, 05:48 PM
Quote from: crazydean on 10/18/2016, 05:31 PMThat is clearly not a full set. Where is Darkwing Duck?
In the boot.  Where else?
Of course! Sorry for being a noob and jumping the gun.

Mighty

Quote from: 780racer on 10/18/2016, 06:14 PMWhere did you learn about turbo grafx? What makes you interested in them?
I was born in 1996 so I'm too young to have been around for the time of the NES (and TG16), but for some reason I like those consoles. I like the look of full set NA retro games collections, I think they look really cool on display in a game room and I've always liked rare or valuable things whether it's video games, comic books or baseball cards.
I was collecting NES games and kept hearing about TG16 on Youtube retro games channels and as I looked into it I found out that it's even more elite to have a full NA TG16 set and the total amount of games in the set is much lower than NES so should be easier to achieve.
Also I would like to start my own Youtube show and think it would look cool if I had a full set of TG16 in the background.

crazydean

Quote from: Mighty on 10/18/2016, 07:19 PM
Quote from: 780racer on 10/18/2016, 06:14 PMWhere did you learn about turbo grafx? What makes you interested in them?
I was born in 1996 so I'm too young to have been around for the time of the NES (and TG16), but for some reason I like those consoles. I like the look of full set NA retro games collections, I think they look really cool on display in a game room and I've always liked rare or valuable things whether it's video games, comic books or baseball cards.
I was collecting NES games and kept hearing about TG16 on Youtube retro games channels and as I looked into it I found out that it's even more elite to have a full NA TG16 set and the total amount of games in the set is much lower than NES so should be easier to achieve.
Also I would like to start my own Youtube show and think it would look cool if I had a full set of TG16 in the background.
Sounds like you would be even happier with Neo Geo AES. It is more elite than TG16 and the carts look much better.

ToyMachine78

780racer

IMG

*Attempts to communicate with Mighty*

Are you from the foothills of North Georgia, *Insert translated Banjo music here*

Why do you not answer my PM's? I want to sell you games at great price!

ToyMachine78

(In Joe Monster Truck Voice)

TG16 MOAR!!!! ELITE!!!!!

IMG

Mighty

Quote from: 780racer on 10/18/2016, 07:28 PMIMG

*Attempts to communicate with Mighty*

Are you from the foothills of North Georgia, *Insert translated Banjo music here*

Why do you not answer my PM's? I want to sell you games at great price!
I only just noticed I have new private messages. On other forums you normally have a pop up window alerting you of new messages.
I would of happily done business with you until you posted that picture, clearly you are not serious.

Well it looks like nobody on here actually does have a full set and is this meant to be the main TG16 forum on the internet??
On Nintendo forums loads of members have full sets.

esteban

Quote from: Mighty on 10/18/2016, 07:49 PMWell it looks like nobody on here actually does have a full set and is this meant to be the main TG16 forum on the internet??
On Nintendo forums loads of members have full sets.
Comrade, I think you mean well, but you stumbled with your introduction. It was unintentional, and misfortunate.

You see, this forum is mostly focused on playing games.

Sure, nearly all of us have stupid libraries of plastic, but we don't (usually) brag about it.

That said, just look around and you will find a thread of braggarts showing off (or I am just jealous of all the neat stuff other folks have?).

BEST ADVICE: Talk to us about your thoughts on TG-16/PCE games, or the music, or something. You don't have to be an expert. Just have fun playing some games.

:)

LETMEINPLEASE

Quote from: Mighty on 10/18/2016, 07:19 PM
I heard there is a cheap CIB Magical Chase on ebay, would be a good start to your CIB set.

Gypsy

DildoKKKobold

Eh, this isn't even a troll, its a joke account. His first post in the buy/sell area is basically trying to be the ultimate PCEFX sinner.

Bragging about getting deals and selling them on eBay? Check

Bragging about going for fullsets? Check

Wanting Sealed games only? Check

All he needs to do is make a post asking why he can't find a case for Jackie Chan Action Kung Fu, and asking for pictures of the Dungeon Explorer 2 and Cotton cardboard boxes.

For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

OldMan

Quote"Who is Dark Kobold"

Jeopardy
Oh, we're so sorry... All answers must be in the form of a question.
That should be "Who is Dark Koblod ?"

:)

TheClash603

Quote from: crazydean on 10/18/2016, 05:31 PM
Quote from: esteban on 10/18/2016, 04:22 PM

IMG
That is clearly not a full set. Where is Darkwing Duck?
That bottle of Dawn makes me think he is somewhere near the wreckage of the Exxon Valdez.

schweaty

When does he start talking about getting his sealed collection vga graded

majors

Quote from: Mighty on 10/18/2016, 07:49 PMOn Nintendo forums loads of members have full sets.
Not helping your cause.

A lot of us here are veterans of the 8 and 16 bit wars, we still hold a lot of resentment for what nintendo did. Get a flash card, burn some ISO's and play some games. Turbo shit is almost 30 years old, no rush to catch'em all pokemon style(in words you'd understand).

Oh, and WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

Gentlegamer

Quote from: Mighty on 10/18/2016, 07:49 PMWell it looks like nobody on here actually does have a full set and is this meant to be the main TG16 forum on the internet??
This isn't a collectard site.

QuoteOn Nintendo forums loads of members have full sets.
NA is a collectard site.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

xcrement5x

Quote from: Mighty on 10/18/2016, 07:19 PMI like the look of full set NA retro games collections, I think they look really cool on display in a game room

I've always liked rare or valuable things whether it's video games, comic books or baseball cards.

It's even more elite to have a full NA TG16 set

The total amount of games in the set is much lower than NES so should be easier to achieve.

IMG
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Gredler

Where are the turricant raffle entry requests?! Collecturd flames? Brought to you by Duophools?! I feel like there should be a more rabid response to either this troll trying to stir up passionate debate, or a honest to goodness collector looking to talk with other collectors about their collective habits of collecting collections.

I almost wonder if there is a stickied post on Nintendo Age that promotes PCEFX as the place where everyone goes to collectively collect collections. I would assume that this board's reputation was for community discussions of gameplay, development of new homebrew, and flaming the shit out of people; not a place to go to buy things and talk about collection.

I do have a full set collection though, and it's sealed. I've found the best thing to seal the games with is a SD card. It looks very nice in my everdrive, which looks excellent in my duo, and that is just gorgeous on my coffee table next to my beer. A very good investment.

blueraven

IMG
IMG
IMG

The ultimate complete boxed collection.

esteban

Alt-Nintega

Quote from: Mighty on 10/18/2016, 02:14 PMI have no idea what I've done wrong to have my thread in the trade forum locked.
Hopefully I can make another one in the future that won't be locked.
you forgot that you are dealing with a bag of dicks flying at you at 180 k/hr. Peeps here are very protective of their "precious".

Alt-Nintega

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 10/19/2016, 03:26 PMThis isn't a collectard site.
This is Karl Marx and I do not approve of this message. A complete lie.

Mighty

Is there another forum where people can discuss collecting TG16 without being attacked?

A TG16 version of NintendoAge?

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Mighty on 10/21/2016, 09:37 AMIs there another forum where people can discuss collecting TG16 without being attacked?

If one exist burn it with fire.

Mighty

I was looking at some old threads, why has this forum changed so much since then?
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=6955.0

It's a shame the images are not in the RoyVegas photobucket anymore.

NecroPhile

Not much has changed.  You're an obvious troll and are being treated accordingly.

Warbucks

I think I have found my favorite thread of 2016.

esteban

Quote from: Mighty on 10/21/2016, 09:37 AMIs there another forum where people can discuss collecting TG16 without being attacked?

TG-16 Holy Grail Club

Gentlegamer

By the way, please enter me into this raffle.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

LostFlunky

Quote from: Mighty on 10/21/2016, 09:58 AMI was looking at some old threads, why has this forum changed so much since then?
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=6955.0

It's a shame the images are not in the RoyVegas photobucket anymore.
RoyVegas is a big part of why you are being treated shitty right now...

ClodBusted

DoxPhile.

Gredler

Psycho Punch

Don't give yourself away too soon you idiot.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp