@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Pat & Ian TurboGrafx-16 and PC Engine Let's Plays

Started by Otaking, 10/21/2016, 05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otaking

Pat & Ian have recently started a Let's Play series, they're all NES so far and I haven't watched any of them, but apparently in the future they're going to do Let's Plays of TurboGrafx-16 and PC Engine games.

Here's the first one Ghost Manor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

NecroPhile

Press Start!  :roll:

Boy, these two guys are sure full of themselves.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Otaking

Yeah I should say I'm not necessarily recommending to watch these.
Just note worthy that a Youtuber like Pat & Ian are doing TurboGrafx-16 and PC Engine Let's Plays.

In fact I'm not a big fan of Let's Plays in general, the only ones I have ever really enjoyed have been the BitHead1000 ones.
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

TR0N

Quote from: esteban on 10/21/2016, 07:16 PMWHY did i watch that?
Uhh to kill time !? About half way through i couldn't stand it and stop the video.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

esteban

Quote from: Otaking on 10/21/2016, 07:33 PMYeah I should say I'm not necessarily recommending to watch these.
Just note worthy that a Youtuber like Pat & Ian are doing TurboGrafx-16 and PC Engine Let's Plays.

In fact I'm not a big fan of Let's Plays in general, the only ones I have ever really enjoyed have been the BitHead1000 ones.
Don't worry, I knew what I was getting into. :)

I'm glad that you posted this (for the reasons your stated).

GoldenWheels

Well....if anything good came out of this for me, I kind of think Ghost Manor looks fun and I may try to emulate it now. I've always just ignored it because I'm not ponying up the $$ the real deal commands.

CrackTiger

For what it's worth, Ghost Manor is a Wizards & Warriors clone. Once you realize that, it becomes much easier to play.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

fluxcore

Perhaps it's just because of the players, but Ghost Manor seems terrible :p
There is no knowledge that is not power

CrackTiger

Ghost Manor isn't really a great game, but it's not bad either. It's very similar to many "legendary" NES games which are celebrated only because they were on a Nintendo console.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

esteban

Quote from: guest on 10/22/2016, 02:50 PMGhost Manor isn't really a great game, but it's not bad either. It's very similar to many "legendary" NES games which are celebrated only because they were on a Nintendo console.
I agree with you, in general. That said, I would argue that Wizards and Warriors *is* a better game. Had Ghost Manor's controls been tighter/more responsive...or (I could list a bunch of things that simply needed to be refined), then I would replay Ghost Manor as often as I replay Wizards and Warriors.

:)

Also, I wish the songs in both games were longer/better.

Otaking

LostFlunky

Quote from: Otaking on 10/22/2016, 05:13 PMhere's another new one, Night Creatures
As a Turbo fan, I don't understand what they are doing... Both of these games were among the easiest to purge from my collection when I decided to only keep the games I liked....  There are so many good games they could be playing instead...

Gypsy

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 10/22/2016, 05:44 PM
Quote from: Otaking on 10/22/2016, 05:13 PMhere's another new one, Night Creatures
As a Turbo fan, I don't understand what they are doing... Both of these games were among the easiest to purge from my collection when I decided to only keep the games I liked....  There are so many good games they could be playing instead...
Maybe some advanced meta-trolling?  :dance:

esteban

Quote from: Gypsy on 10/22/2016, 05:50 PM
Maybe some advanced meta-trolling?  :dance:
I think that they hope the more obscure/goofy stuff will make for better entertainment.

Plus, they won't have to compete with the "popular games" that already have "decent" coverage on TubeYou.

NOTE: I don't actually watch too much video game-related content on TuneYou, so I might be talking out of my arse.

CrackTiger

If they cared about showing games which aren't usually covered, they'd pick some of the dozens of great PCE games. This is just AVGN kind of garbage.

HailingTheThings

If they had better mics and stopped smoking gravel, their let's plays would be... decent?
IMG

sirhcman

My assumption is these are being played since Halloween is around the corner. I wouldn't be surprised if the next game is Splatterhouse

TR0N

I'm trying to figure out why they torture them self with these terrible games.
IMG

NoSexGex

Pat isn't even hiding the fact that he's a total clown anymore
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

wildfruit

I'd like to see 72 hours of them trying to figure out the evil bell.

Psycho Punch

Quote from: TR0N on 10/23/2016, 12:30 AM
Night Creatures is poorly made but it isn't really "terrible", there's a sense of "so bad it's good" to it. It's a retarded version of a metroidvania game.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Gentlegamer

Probably Halloween themed.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

crazydean

I am surprised they aren't playing some obscure PCE-only games since Ian claims it is his favorite system.

ToyMachine78

Quote from: NoSexGex on 10/23/2016, 01:11 AMPat isn't even hiding the fact that he's a total clown anymore
Did he ever hide it? Has always seemed like a clown to me.

sirhcman

NecroPhile

Quote from: CrackTiger on 10/22/2016, 07:04 PMThis is just AVGN kind of garbage.
Exactly.  They also act like it's new to them and they've never played them, but it's obvious they're familiar with 'em.

TR0N

Quote from: guest on 10/23/2016, 10:42 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 10/23/2016, 12:30 AM
Night Creatures is poorly made but it isn't really "terrible", there's a sense of "so bad it's good" to it. It's a retarded version of a metroidvania game.
Maybe they were playing it for laughs i don't know still a flawed game.
IMG

Otaking

Quote from: guest on 10/22/2016, 07:53 PM
My assumption is these are being played since Halloween is around the corner. I wouldn't be surprised if the next game is Splatterhouse
Looks like you're right.

seieienbu

I'd wager they finish this series up with Magical Chase.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Otaking

ToyMachine78

To proffess so much love for the turbo, it's obvious he never plays it. He completely sucks at splatterhouse... Talking shit about the music, and how the game is gimmicky... WTH.

He's also stated he never plays his genesis collection, and has no intention of playing it... He's just a straight up Collectard supreme.

If it wasn't for his NES-a-thon, he probably wouldn't play through any NES games either.

His massive wall of games is obviously just a status symbol. I can't stand the guy.

Keith Courage

For being supposedly video game gurus, neither one of them seem to be any good at any of the games and play.

seieienbu

Quote from: Keith Courage on 10/25/2016, 07:25 PMFor being supposedly video game gurus, neither one of them seem to be any good at any of the games and play.
I've never been given the impression that either of them are particularly good at actually playing games.  It seems to me that the two of them are more about obsessively collecting and using game collections for internet fame.  By and large I haven't heard them comment much on actually playing games but instead talk about other people playing or various gaming (most commonly Nintendo related) news. 

When they do play games it seems they feel it's a chore to slog through hundreds of NES games for a few minutes apiece.  You can see this when they talk about their well publicized marathons or comment on how they had to play so many games for the book they wrote.  They do this rather than, say, sit down with either an old favorite or a game they don't know terribly much about and try to beat it, get a high score, or some other way to just simply enjoy a game for what it is.

wildfruit

esteban

Quote from: wildfruit on 10/26/2016, 06:32 AMI bet they like China warrior.
How dare you?!

In memory of Bruce Lee and his likeness.

IMG

Joe Redifer

Quote from: guest on 10/25/2016, 02:18 PMHe completely sucks at splatterhouse... Talking shit about the music
OK wait... what? He talked shit about Splatterhouse's music? Them's fightin' words! I love the music in that game.

seieienbu

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 10/26/2016, 04:24 PM
Quote from: guest on 10/25/2016, 02:18 PMHe completely sucks at splatterhouse... Talking shit about the music
OK wait... what? He talked shit about Splatterhouse's music? Them's fightin' words! I love the music in that game.
And thus began the Completely Unnecessary Youtube Wars.

dallaspattern

Alt-Nintega

they are making thousands of dollars by talking about games and sucking at them. Hey, give them credit, they used the Capitalist country and used all of you, now they are rich. Mic Drop.

esteban

Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 10/26/2016, 11:08 PMthey are making thousands of dollars by talking about games and sucking at them. Hey, give them credit, they used the Capitalist country and used all of you, now they are rich. Mic Drop.
I don't think the viewership is high enough to amount to anything substantial, especially if they split it 50/50.

However, it (YouTube) is an important platform for Pat (YouTube personalities get speaking fees for attending conventions, a platform to sell books and phone app (soon to be released)...

ASIDE: I am curious to learn who created his app (was it a fan offering services? Or did Pat contract out the work?)...it sounds like the app is a digital version of his NES book that can sort entries by various criteria (so....maybe it is more of a database of NES reviews).

jetfire13

I just can't stand how these two assholes take themselves so seriously. They speak so authoritatively about all their topics, you would think they were talking about aerospace engineering and that both of them were the undisputed experts in the field.

These dirty looking turds spent an entire episode talking about how some poor sap got a repro Chrono Trigger from GameStop. They over analysed the shit out of the topic. Who the fuck cares?!?

Or the time they practically had kittens because some ancient collectard was showing off pictures of his unopened cases of sealed Stadium Events.

OH NOES! WHAT WILL THIS DO TO OUR BELOVED GAME COLLECTING ECONOMY?

I'm gonna start a YouTube channel where I sit and talk to some asshole across the table from me with a lone everdrive on a shelf behind me. Internet stardom here I come!

LostFlunky

Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 10/26/2016, 11:08 PMthey are making thousands of dollars by talking about games and sucking at them. Hey, give them credit, they used the Capitalist country and used all of you, now they are rich. Mic Drop.
RE: Mic drop - if you have to say it - it didn't happen...

Alt-Nintega

Quote from: jetfire13 on 10/27/2016, 06:27 PMI'm gonna start a YouTube channel where I sit and talk to some asshole across the table from me with a lone everdrive on a shelf behind me. Internet stardom here I come!
I am Karl Marx, and I approve of this message! You can do it Ozzy!!!! Cut their fuckin heads off!!!

Joe Redifer

I believe I said elsewhere but I'll say again:

They're not rich. They do not get speaking fees at conventions. And I highly HIGHLY doubt Pat and Ian split anything 50/50. I'd be surprised really if Pat gave Ian even 30%. But it's fair as Pat does most of the work. But yes they do pull in multiple thousands per year just off of Youtube alone.

Medic_wheat

At best (provided Pat doesn't have a career outside of YouTube) I have a feeling the money he pulls just fuels his hobby.

Straight up if I had the motivation to make videos and peddle myself on the various hobbbies I enjoy to support my hobby I'd do it.

I'd do it and laugh all the way to the bank.

But for me. I haven't the desire, drive, or energy to do that.

Sure I have the interest and ability to put something out there. However, for now it will remain just that. An interest.

So sure I take various "youtubers" with a grain of salt. Sure I might bitch and moan about a select few. However, it's the audience who bitches and moans who at times become the most dedicated viewers. Because then I wouldn't have something to bitch and moan over.

Sparky

Quote from: NecroPhile on 10/21/2016, 05:56 PMPress Start!  :roll:

Boy, these two guys are sure full of themselves.
Ya, I have dealt with a lot of people over the years with my stickies and boxes and surprisingly the ones that become a chore wanting extras or a better deal end up being  "YouTube thinking they are famers"

Otaking

NecroPhile

Why do these guys need three videos to cover one game, just to make the same sophomoric comments in all three?  Hell, if they didn't suck so hard at playing games, they could beat 'em in less time than it takes to watch the shitty videos.

sirhcman

Quote from: guest on 10/28/2016, 03:24 PMWhy do these guys need three videos to cover one game, just to make the same sophomoric comments in all three?  Hell, if they didn't suck so hard at playing games, they could beat 'em in less time than it takes to watch the shitty videos.
The same reason they take their podcast, chop it up into a bunch of small videos and upload. More videos = more views = more money. It's all about the $$$$$$