OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

DS/3DS Thread

Started by Medic_wheat, 10/23/2016, 12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medic_wheat

Thought it would be fun to post about the DS/3DS game library and system veriations.   Post your collection, want list, games to recommend, and tod bits of games you are playing have played or simply can't wait to be released

IMG
Having fun myself while on vacation out of the country.

Otaking

Super Mario 3D Land is one of the best Mario games of all time, it's amazing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

Digi.k

Has one of the deepest and most relaxing games ever created.

Animal Crossing New Leaf.  Been playing this daily for a few good years.

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

my NEW 3DS XL
IMG

IMG

wildfruit

Thanks medic. You reminded me of contact I meant to get AGES ago.
Goky I have the animal crossing new 3ds not xl.
The Zelda remakes are well worth a go. A link between worlds is hmmm. So so. It's ok, left me wanting a bit tho. It's quite easy. I also have loads of shit Pokémon games in the house that are nothing to do with me.

TheClash603

Quote from: Otaking on 10/23/2016, 04:05 PMSuper Mario 3D Land is one of the best Mario games of all time, it's amazing.
I often think of my favorite Mario game ever and this is arguably it, which conversely means it is one of my favorite games of all-time too.  If you are a platforming fan, a playthrough is required.

SuperGrafx

Quote from: Digi.k on 10/23/2016, 04:20 PMHas one of the deepest and most relaxing games ever created.

Agreed there, though I wish you could skip through some of the text and cinemas (like when you take the boat to the island, etc)

BTW, where did you get that 30 year pin?

bartre

I still hate the DS hardware.
I love the library, the touchscreen is nice, and outside of the hinge, it's pretty damned durable.

BUT.
I can't play any game that requires me to hold the system like a normal person for more than 30 minutes.
when I had one, i stuck to the phoenix wright/professor layton type games mostly.
but I can't justify having the system just for that.

is there a model that's more ergonomic for people like me? (those of us with giant meat hooks)

Medic_wheat

Quote from: SuperGrafx on 10/23/2016, 09:37 PM
Quote from: Digi.k on 10/23/2016, 04:20 PMHas one of the deepest and most relaxing games ever created.

Agreed there, though I wish you could skip through some of the text and cinemas (like when you take the boat to the island, etc)

BTW, where did you get that 30 year pin?
It was a promo give away for those who went to demo stations for the Mario maker event hosted by Best Buy at various locations. Now a days eBay. But it's a cheap eBay item for like $20. There is also a gold metal looking pin but thats a little more and not sure how that was given out.

jtucci31

I sold my 3DS awhile back to pay for my X68000, which of course was a great investment, but now I'm starting to miss my 3DS. I've been listening to a lot of the mega64 podcast, and on one episode they said selling games at times may be ok (though arguably still bad) but selling your consoles is stupid. You'll probably want it again and then you're just paying for two.

I liked the Mario 3D land a lot and the Zelda LBW game was really great. The game I miss the most though is Animal Crossing. It's so much fun and once I stopped playing everyday, I would feel guilty for coming back after a few days or a week. It was bad, haha.

I'm sort of tempted to get the "new" 3DS for Xenoblade, and of course Animal Crossing. Sometimes I would go through a stretch of time where I wasn't into it, but overall it's a great handheld.

Otaking

My favourite DS game to play is Touch Dic.

IMG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

TheClash603

Anyone else really enjoy the Street Pass games?  I wish I had more people to pass, because the Street Pass games are some of the most addictive on the system.

DragonmasterDan

I've been playing Dragon Quest VII on 3DS. It's fantastic.
--DragonmasterDan

Medic_wheat

I picked up "New Leaf" for my wife thinking she would love it. As I greatly enjoyed the GC game.

She didn't "get it" and found it boring.

However I get her a copy of Luigi Manson for the 3DS and she loves it.

Digi.k

Quote from: SuperGrafx on 10/23/2016, 09:37 PMBTW, where did you get that 30 year pin?
Came packaged alongside my new 3ds when I ordered it directly from the nintendo store.

DeshDildo

The only reason I own a DS is for Contra 4.  I'm really not a handheld fan.
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 10/23/2016, 04:29 PMRecommended:

Infinite Space
Yes.

Also the Dragon Quest games are pretty nice.

Castlevania almost goes without saying.

roflmao

I think I might have posted this already in another thread here, but I recently got an Ace3DS Plus flashcart for my DS Lite and was pleasantly surprised to find it came with a PC Engine emulator. The sound isn't 100% correct (it sounds like it's missing some channels or something) but it's capable of playing disc images, and redbook audio sounds fine. Gameplay and graphics are spot on. What a trip!

IMG

IMG

Medic_wheat

I saw that post. Makes me interested in picking one up.

nopepper

I love Dark Spire and wish developers would release more portable dungeon crawlers such as that one, instead of the big boob teenage girl anime style that dominates the market.

But yeah, Dark Spire is great, even if it required a guide to eventually beat. Worth playing just for the soundtrack.

Digi.k

Don't know if this is available in the US but certainly here in the UK.

IMG

Medic_wheat

The 3D sega game is inNA. It's currently a budget title. It's on a list of wants for me. Looks to be fun

jtucci31

Just got the $100 Black Friday deal 3DS. I had an XL awhile ago but I like this smaller size, and the faceplates are pretty cool. Excited to play 3DS games again, I was dumb to sell mine. No more of that.

Starting off with Animal Crossing. I've missed it so much.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 11/25/2016, 02:31 AMJust got the $100 Black Friday deal 3DS. I had an XL awhile ago but I like this smaller size, and the faceplates are pretty cool. Excited to play 3DS games again, I was dumb to sell mine. No more of that.

Starting off with Animal Crossing. I've missed it so much.
I heard if this deal. However I don't remember The Who where or how

TheClash603

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 11/24/2016, 02:40 PMThe 3D sega game is inNA. It's currently a budget title. It's on a list of wants for me. Looks to be fun
I wish they had a collection 2 or had picked different games for the collection.  There are some other games for download which are missing sadly.  However, this is in the 2 for $25 bin at Toys R Us so you can't complain much for that price.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: TheClash603 on 11/26/2016, 02:36 AM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 11/24/2016, 02:40 PMThe 3D sega game is inNA. It's currently a budget title. It's on a list of wants for me. Looks to be fun
I wish they had a collection 2 or had picked different games for the collection.  There are some other games for download which are missing sadly.  However, this is in the 2 for $25 bin at Toys R Us so you can't complain much for that price.
Oh I didn't know that. Thought it was still at $25 new.

jtucci31

Yeah the selection of games on that cartridge is interesting. I like most of them on there and would play just about all of them, but the Master System version of Fantasy Zone? Really?

geise

Quote from: Digi.k on 11/24/2016, 11:27 AMDon't know if this is available in the US but certainly here in the UK.

IMG
I got a new 3ds this past october.  That was the first game I bought and purchased the rest of the sega 3d games off of the nintendo store.  Outrun is one of the best things ever in 3D.  Sonic, Galaxy Force II, and Power Drift are nice as well.  Funny most of my New 3ds games are all Sega. :lol:  I really wish Altered Beast was the arcade version and they added Golden Axe instead of a few other games.  I have no idea why the other sega compilation didn't make it over from Japan, but they are all separate releases on the Nintendo store.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: geise on 11/26/2016, 08:50 PM
Quote from: Digi.k on 11/24/2016, 11:27 AMDon't know if this is available in the US but certainly here in the UK.

IMG
I got a new 3ds this past october.  That was the first game I bought and purchased the rest of the sega 3d games off of the nintendo store.  Outrun is one of the best things ever in 3D.  Sonic, Galaxy Force II, and Power Drift are nice as well.  Funny most of my New 3ds games are all Sega. :lol:  I really wish Altered Beast was the arcade version and they added Golden Axe instead of a few other games.  I have no idea why the other sega compilation didn't make it over from Japan, but they are all separate releases on the Nintendo store.
To bad the 3DS is region locked. Would have been a good import.

geise

That Sega 3D collections is localized in the US.  There are 2 others that didn't make it over here, but all the games are on the Eshop.  Also, there's the flashcart route as well.