@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Whopper vs. Big Mac

Started by ClodBusted, 10/25/2016, 09:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClodBusted

NecroPhile

Whopper because it has more veggies.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

DragonmasterDan

In theory the larger, flame broiled whopper should be the superior burger. But in practice more often than not Whoppers are sloppily assembled without the same standards and consistency found at McDonalds. This is a draw and really depends on luck of which McDs or BK you happen to go to and who is making in.
--DragonmasterDan

jtucci31

Big Mac. That special sauce is divine  :lol:

Gentlegamer

Double Big Mac - it's a pattie for each chamber of the heart
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

crazydean

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 10/25/2016, 09:46 AMIn theory the larger, flame broiled whopper should be the superior burger. But in practice more often than not Whoppers are sloppily assembled without the same standards and consistency found at McDonalds. This is a draw and really depends on luck of which McDs or BK you happen to go to and who is making in.
Perfect analysis. You couldn't get a more correct answer.

deubeul

There's 1400 McDonald restaurants in France, and 45 Burger King.

Each time I can eat a Whooper is like a Christmas feast.

LostFlunky

I'm sayin' Whopper because if you want a better Big Mac - order the Double Cheeseburger dressed as a Mac.  If another burger "disguised' as a Big Mac is actually better than the Big Mac, than how can the Big Mac be better than a Whopper...? 

I agree that Whoppers are too often so sloppily thrown together that I've actually stopped eating them.

bartre

All I can see is a very drunk David Hasselhoff eating a cheeseburger now.

...I really want a burger now.
what have you done

MotherGunner

(Insert comment about GOP vs DP)

On a serious note, my answer is "yes."
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Medic_wheat

I don't like either very much.

geise

I vote Wendy's Tripple!

johnnykonami

Between these two, Big Mac.  I don't even eat at McDonald's anymore though, not for some time.  I am more likely to end up at Wendy's than any other fast food joint in that category, so I agree with Geise.  But even more than that, I choose Five Guys or Fatburger above them all!

ClodBusted

Whopper all day long. Even Ms Clodbuster prefers Whoppers over Big Macs.
Although I think the Big Mac is quite tasty, too.

Quote from: guest on 12/21/2014, 09:25 AMIMG
Yes, you can has.

ToyMachine78

Whopper fo sho. It's gotta have cheese though.

HailingTheThings

Neither.

Wendy's Bacon Mushroom Melt.

IMG

Yum. (do they even do this anymore?) lol
IMG

blueraven

Fuck both of those.

Big Kahuna Burger.

JulesWinnfield.jpg

Otaking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

wildfruit

Have a Big king. Best of both worlds.
Chicken royale with cheese trumps though.
Never been in a gbk otaking. Any good? Dirty burger is ok. Nice burgers shit chips & too expensive.

DeshDildo

Wildfruit brings up a good point... if Whopper is better than Big Mac why did BK "invent" the Big King.  Not only did they copy the Big Mac but, they even copied half of the name.  Now... even the Big Mac is a copy of the original Big Boy sandwich.  When in Ohio, tartar sauce is the "special sauce" on your Big Boy and it's the bomb so I choose Big Boy. 

Side note: When I was on the road as an HVAC Service tech I worked at all of the local BK's from 2 different franchises.  After seeing what goes on behind the scenes, Burger King is ruined for me for life.
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: wildfruit on 10/25/2016, 07:04 PMHave a Big king. Best of both worlds.
Never been in a gbk otaking. Any good? Dirty burger is ok. Nice burgers shit chips & too expensive.
The big king has a smaller beef patty (regular hamburger patty) which doesn't have the same texture and consistency off the grill as the larger whopper patty does when properly prepared.
--DragonmasterDan

Otaking

Quote from: wildfruit on 10/25/2016, 07:04 PMHave a Big king. Best of both worlds.
I've never been big into beef burgers, although I haven't been many times I do like the burgers at gbk.
In general I much prefer a chicken burger, often I'll get a KFC Fillet Tower burger, has a hash brown in it FTW.
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

wildfruit

Quote from: Otaking on 10/26/2016, 08:39 AM
I've never been big into beef burgers, although I haven't been many times I do like the burgers at gbk.
In general I much prefer a chicken burger, often I'll get a KFC Fillet Tower burger, has a hash brown in it FTW.
Fillet tower is awesome. You just made me hungry. I don't like the current style of KFC chips though.

Otaking

Quote from: wildfruit on 10/26/2016, 09:03 AMI don't like the current style of KFC chips though.
I completely agree with that, they're wrank.

ToyMachine78

Quote from: Desh on 10/25/2016, 11:07 PMWildfruit brings up a good point... if Whopper is better than Big Mac why did BK "invent" the Big King.  Not only did they copy the Big Mac but, they even copied half of the name.  Now... even the Big Mac is a copy of the original Big Boy sandwich.  When in Ohio, tartar sauce is the "special sauce" on your Big Boy and it's the bomb so I choose Big Boy. 

Side note: When I was on the road as an HVAC Service tech I worked at all of the local BK's from 2 different franchises.  After seeing what goes on behind the scenes, Burger King is ruined for me for life.
McDonald's did the same thing in the 90s with the Arch Deleuxe, which was their answer to the whopper. It was a huge flop.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 10/26/2016, 11:11 AMMcDonald's did the same thing in the 90s with the Arch Deleuxe, which was their answer to the whopper. It was a huge flop.
The big and tasty was their version of the Whopper. The Arch deluxe was a whole different monster.
--DragonmasterDan

bartre

Quote from: guest on 10/25/2016, 02:02 PMEven Ms Clodbuster prefers Whoppers over Big Macs.
aw come on man, you're just asking for us to crack a joke about your wife and "Whoppers"

IMG

SuperGrafx

I have no real answer.
Some days I prefer a Whopper.  Other days I prefer the Big Mac.
Depends on the occasion.

jperryss

Big Mac. I only eat McDonalds a couple times a year and it's always a Big Mac, fries, and an orange Hi-C. There's something about that combination that is absolutely perfect.

Whoppers are good though. I loved the Angry Whoppers they were selling for awhile.

esadajr

a big mac is too small, i have to order two. As per the whopper, either the double or the tripple whopper. That being said, my vote goes to the whopper
Gaming since 1985

Dicer

My skank of a mom inhaled big-macs when she was preggers with me, so I have an affinity for them. That said the whopper is still superior.

SuperGrafx

I do recall last year around Halloween, BK offered the Whopper with a BLACK BUN and A1 sauce. 
The bun was just colored with dyes, but the A1 sauce added an interesting dynamic to the sandwich. 

blueraven

Where is Big Boy?!

The place that ACTUALLY invented the Big Mac?

This poll... IS FLAWED.

www.bigboy.com

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Boy_Restaurants

IMG

crazydean

Quote from: blueraven on 10/27/2016, 04:16 AMWhere is Big Boy?!

This poll... IS FLAWED.

www.bigboy.com

IMG
Maybe they did invent it, but the nearest one to me is like 800 miles away. Unsurprisingly, I have never been to Big Boy. I imagine that most others on the forum are in the same boat.

DragonmasterDan

Thousand Island burgers are pretty common around the country besides the Big Mac, Big Boy or Big King.
--DragonmasterDan

csgx1

Neither sound appetizing to me.  Back in my high school days they used to have the Big Macs, 2 for $2 or Whoppers for $0.99.  My friends and I would often dare each other to see how many we could eat.  Like a dumb ass, I almost finished 4 Whoppers and was sick.  Never again after that.  It's also the reason why I don't like thousand island dressing.       

LostFlunky

Quote from: csgx1 on 10/27/2016, 12:33 PMNeither sound appetizing to me.  Back in my high school days they used to have the Big Macs, 2 for $2 or Whoppers for $0.99.  My friends and I would often dare each other to see how many we could eat.  Like a dumb ass, I almost finished 4 Whoppers and was sick.  Never again after that.  It's also the reason why I don't like thousand island dressing.       
I remember when they had promotions of Big Macs for $1 when I was a teenager.  A couple of us would buy $10 worth and once we were all full and sick we'd have a food fight...

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: csgx1 on 10/27/2016, 12:33 PMNeither sound appetizing to me.  Back in my high school days they used to have the Big Macs, 2 for $2 or Whoppers for $0.99.  My friends and I would often dare each other to see how many we could eat.  Like a dumb ass, I almost finished 4 Whoppers and was sick.  Never again after that.  It's also the reason why I don't like thousand island dressing.       
Heh, I had a similar situation in high school when Big Macs were 2 for 3 involving bets on how many I could consume. The answer was 8 and the taste of thousand island sticking with me for days.
--DragonmasterDan

geise

Quote from: crazydean on 10/27/2016, 10:05 AM
Quote from: blueraven on 10/27/2016, 04:16 AMWhere is Big Boy?!

This poll... IS FLAWED.

www.bigboy.com

IMG
Maybe they did invent it, but the nearest one to me is like 800 miles away. Unsurprisingly, I have never been to Big Boy. I imagine that most others on the forum are in the same boat.
We had em all over the place when I lived in Ohio.  They are mostly a norther/midwest chain.  Fantastic!

Gentlegamer

IMG
IMG
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

DragonmasterDan

Related to this topic I finally tried the Whopperito. It's TERRIBLE. It makes me miss the old Big Mac wrap McDonalds used to sell.
--DragonmasterDan

WoodyXP

I prefer the Big Mac.  Whoppers have a slight ammonia-like smell that turns me off.
"I bathe in AES carts."

LostFlunky

Quote from: WoodyXP on 10/28/2016, 11:17 PMI prefer the Big Mac.  Whoppers have a slight ammonia-like smell that turns me off.
Jeeze that description made me gag...

o.pwuaioc

I'll take Five Guys or In-N-Out instead any day. Heck, I'd take Checkers over either, if I had to. At least Checkers has good fries.

Sarumaru

I voted Big Mac but more for the sake of nostalgia. They used to be better. They are both shit now and I'd much prefer a Big Carl for my thousand island burger fix on the cheap.

jetfire13

Just remembered how much I loved the Big King after reading this thread and found out that BK doesn't have it anymore. Maybe it was replaced by the Bacon King which is their version of Wendys Baconator. I'm so sad though. The Big King was awesome. My favorite from any restaurant right now is the Green Chili Double from Whataburger. Holy shit, is it good. Never knew what I was missing til I came out to AZ.

LostFlunky

Quote from: jetfire13 on 12/19/2016, 05:27 PMJust remembered how much I loved the Big King after reading this thread and found out that BK doesn't have it anymore. Maybe it was replaced by the Bacon King which is their version of Wendys Baconator. I'm so sad though. The Big King was awesome. My favorite from any restaurant right now is the Green Chili Double from Whataburger. Holy shit, is it good. Never knew what I was missing til I came out to AZ.
They have Big King in Canada - they are on the 2 for $5 menu and suck shit.  I think they are using up their old stock of freezer burned Whopper Jr patties on these things...

JoshTurboTrollX

I picked Whopper, but really haven't had either one in many moons.

Also, this is fighting street so:

Fuck off you pricks, the OP is a dicklick, the rest of ya'll can eat a bag of dicks*. 

*See Arkhan for said bag of dicks.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

crazydean

Quote from: jetfire13 on 12/19/2016, 05:27 PMJust remembered how much I loved the Big King after reading this thread and found out that BK doesn't have it anymore. Maybe it was replaced by the Bacon King which is their version of Wendys Baconator. I'm so sad though. The Big King was awesome. My favorite from any restaurant right now is the Green Chili Double from Whataburger. Holy shit, is it good. Never knew what I was missing til I came out to AZ.
What is so green about this burger? Are you required to drive through in a prius?

blueraven

I have this friend at work that absolutely loses her fucking shit every time waterburger is mentioned. I think she's from Texas. I literally have no clue what she's talking about, but if it makes people nostalgic to the point of insanity then there must be something there.

whattaburger? this gets weirder every day.

Also I nearly lost it when I walked by "Pho King 4" the other day. Fuck yeah Fighting Street.