WTB/TF: Ys Book I & II Retail Version

Started by ALinkToRetro, 10/29/2016, 10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALinkToRetro

Looking for the US retail version of Ys Book I & II for Turbo CD. Already have the pack in without back insert.

Complete in decent condition please.

Shoot me a price and some pics!

780racer

Good luck. Been looking for a while myself.

ALinkToRetro

geise

Usually when you wtb something it is good to set a price you want to purchase the item at.  You are more likely to get offers to sell.  Good luck it is a game I always love to go back and play.

xcrement5x

I would also define complete.  You may save a bit on a copy that doesn't include the map. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

CrackTiger

Plus the map from the cheap PCE version is identical or superior.

The Turbo DS map is a pain in the ass to deal with. I keep mine sitting on top of Turbo CDs on a shelf, because it gets more worn trying to squeeze it into the jewel case.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

ALinkToRetro

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I already have a copy of Dragon Slayer for PCE and it does have a minty poster!

I will actually be Ok with a disc only as I am more interested in playing it, but complete(disc, case with art insert and manual) is nice too.

Black Tiger, if there is anything I can tempt you with to trade for your US version, do let me know!

CrackTiger

I will gladly trade my map for the tray liner to Cotton or CIB Ys for IBM PC.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

dallaspattern

tbone3969

Is the PC Engine map identical to the US version?

OP, what's your bounty?  I have a CIB US version with map I might be willing to part with for the right price.   :evil:
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

780racer

Quote from: tbone3969 on 01/07/2017, 11:12 PMIs the PC Engine map identical to the US version?

OP, what's your bounty?  I have a CIB US version with map I might be willing to part with for the right price.   :evil:
200 right?

ALinkToRetro

Quote from: 780racer on 01/08/2017, 02:13 AM
Quote from: tbone3969 on 01/07/2017, 11:12 PMIs the PC Engine map identical to the US version?

200 right?
Ugh, that sounds like an inflated ebay price?

I'm offering $120 for a CIC w/map. Is that fair? I think I can get a disc only to play for around $50 so I figure that would be a fair price for a CIC.

780racer

Quote from: ALinkToRetro on 01/08/2017, 11:49 AM
Quote from: 780racer on 01/08/2017, 02:13 AM

200 right?
Ugh, that sounds like an inflated ebay price?

I'm offering $120 for a CIC w/map. Is that fair? I think I can get a disc only to play for around $50 so I figure that would be a fair price for a CIC.
I was poking at Tbone. He recently bought a DS with map for 150.... Which is most likely the one he might sell

tbone3969

Yes that's the one.  I paid $150 so the cheapest I can let it go for would be $160.

And it's not mint by any means.  The disc is but the instructions and map show moderate to heavy wear.
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

ALinkToRetro

Quote from: tbone3969 on 01/08/2017, 12:55 PMYes that's the one.  I paid $150 so the cheapest I can let it go for would be $160.

And it's not mint by any means.  The disc is but the instructions and map show moderate to heavy wear.
Yikes, thanks anyway, looking for a very good+ copy.

CrackTiger

But I thought that Dragon Slayer was a $550 game?

780racer

Quote from: tbone3969 on 01/08/2017, 12:55 PMYes that's the one.  I paid $150 so the cheapest I can let it go for would be $160.

Glad you are making sure you "hook up the community who hooked you up". Mark it up and resell it.

tbone3969

Quote from: 780racer on 01/08/2017, 01:24 PM

Glad you are making sure you "hook up the community who hooked you up". Mark it up and resell it.
Hey I just don't wanna lose money.  Remember PayPal takes 3%.  If he would gift me the money then I would sell it for $150.

780racer

Quote from: tbone3969 on 01/08/2017, 01:27 PM

Hey I just don't wanna lose money.  Remember PayPal takes 3%.  If he would gift me the money then I would sell it for $150.
3% of 160 isnt 10. And you know your already under scrutiny by the community.

Otaking

Quote from: 780racer on 01/08/2017, 01:32 PM
Quote from: tbone3969 on 01/08/2017, 01:27 PM

3% of 160 isnt 10. And you know your already under scrutiny by the community.
ScroogeMcDuck$$$.avif
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

tbone3969

Yes your right.  So I would let it go for $155.

bob

and there lies the whole problem with our world we are in now.  i bought it for "x"  so i must sell it for "x+"
never admit they paid too much to begin with, just cant accpet "losing money".
dont get me wrong, you dont have to sell it at all, but your tactics are just horrible.  i bet you would charge him shipping too.

ToyMachine78

tbone3969

Quote from: gynt on 01/08/2017, 03:04 PM

and there lies the whole problem with our world we are in now.  i bought it for "x"  so i must sell it for "x+"
dont get me wrong, you dont have to sell it at all, but your tactics are just horrible.  i bet you would charge him shipping too.
Yes, I would charge shipping.  I wouldn't take a hit on the shipping cost.  Buyer always pays shipping no?

CrackTiger

Quote from: tbone3969 on 01/08/2017, 03:54 PM
Quote from: gynt on 01/08/2017, 03:04 PM

Yes, I would charge shipping.  I wouldn't take a hit on the shipping cost.  Buyer always pays shipping no?
No. Especially around here.

Dicer

I'm glad I secured a copy when I did, I'm missing the map but I'll live...

ALinkToRetro

Quote from: Dicer on 01/08/2017, 06:33 PMI'm glad I secured a copy when I did, I'm missing the map but I'll live...
Curious when and how much did you get it for? Was it just CIB without map?

bob

somebody here sold me a mint cic w/ map for $55 a couple years ago.
honestly, i wouldnt go over $75 for it since i really dont "love" the game.  its a bit lazy and doesnt have spell animations which kills it for me.

Dicer

Quote from: ALinkToRetro on 01/08/2017, 07:25 PM
Quote from: Dicer on 01/08/2017, 06:33 PMI'm glad I secured a copy when I did, I'm missing the map but I'll live...
Curious when and how much did you get it for? Was it just CIB without map?
Traded for a sealed CFII, CiC, no map...

I love dragon Slayer, it's a big grindy in places but I loves the voice acting esp M'LARD!!!
You know I might just give this another run right now....

Gypsy

Quote from: gynt on 01/08/2017, 08:13 PMsomebody here sold me a mint cic w/ map for $55 a couple years ago.
honestly, i wouldnt go over $75 for it since i really dont "love" the game.  its a bit lazy and doesnt have spell animations which kills it for me.
Yeah the series gets a lot better later on.

ALinkToRetro

ALinkToRetro

Was finally able to find a close to mint CIC w/map of Dragon Slayer at a "reasonable" price.

Now looking for a CIC retail version of Ys Book I & II

wildfruit

Quote from: ALinkToRetro on 10/29/2016, 10:32 PMAlready have the pack in without back insert.
Are you going to play both at once? If you want a proper case just buy the Japanese version for pennies and stick it in there.

ALinkToRetro

Quote from: wildfruit on 02/01/2017, 08:32 PM
Quote from: ALinkToRetro on 10/29/2016, 10:32 PMAlready have the pack in without back insert.
Are you going to play both at once? If you want a proper case just buy the Japanese version for pennies and stick it in there.
I actually do have the Japanese version, the OCD-ness in me is needing the original :-(