RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Calling theSteve - PC Engine LT & GT repair required

Started by mjsaville, 10/30/2016, 06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjsaville

Dear TheSteve,

I need some HELP.... I recently managed to bag, both a PC Engine LT and GT via Easy Auction Japan Proxy service, bought both in good faith they are working and completely gutted they both have issues:
  • PC GT - Switches on, but no picture, but plays sound which is loud.
  • PC LT - Switches on, green LED on the front lights up, but no picture and no sound

I have done basic troubleshooting, i.e. tested the psu's and they both produce the correct voltages, both units look in great condition, screens are free from scratches and do not appear to be molested.

Reading through the posts, it sounds like they both need to be re-capped by however I do not have the skill set to attempt myself and looking for a reliable person to bring these devices back to life.

Happy to pay the going rate for a repair, after reading many posts / forum messages, everyone points to your good self to do an excellent repair.

Would you be interested in taking on my repair? Not in a rush and happy to post anywhere.

thanks in advance.

MJ

sirhcman

mjsaville

Quote from: guest on 10/30/2016, 06:19 PMWhy don't you send him a personal message?

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?action=pm;sa=send
Doh, great idea - should have thought of that for myself... ](*,),

Just PM'd, time now to twiddle thumbs  8-[

Xenogears

You do not need theSteve. Both Units first things first need a complete Recap. Console5 has fitting CapKits in Stock, if you go to your Radioshack, you will find out, it´s tricky to find the perfect height of the Caps as especially inside a LT there is no spare Space.

Please do not forget do clean the PCE from leaked Cap soup (if you start to solder and it smells like Kitty-pee, you did not clean up tidy  :-" )

thesteve

leonk

thesteve - sent you a PM.  Let me know if you didn't get it.  :)

mjsaville

Quote from: leonk on 11/09/2016, 12:04 PMthesteve - sent you a PM.  Let me know if you didn't get it.  :)
No PMs today ?

leonk

Trying to get thesteve on PM.. he hasn't replied yet.  Wanted to make sure he's just away (rather than the msg not getting through because of something silly I might have done).  Mental note folks! Don't send PM msgs on your iPhone.  :)

mickcris

Quote from: leonk on 11/09/2016, 03:38 PMTrying to get thesteve on PM.. he hasn't replied yet.  Wanted to make sure he's just away (rather than the msg not getting through because of something silly I might have done).  Mental note folks! Don't send PM msgs on your iPhone.  :)
Turn on the option to copy to your sent box. :)  that way you know it got sent.

thesteve