10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Magical Sound Shower - Arcade & PCE blend

Started by _Paul, 11/11/2016, 01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Paul

esteban

:)

ASIDE: You don't know what door you have opened here! You just reminded me about something that I have to finish... (Sadly, it will only appeal to.... ~1-2 people, and I am being generous).
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

_Paul

Quote from: esteban on 11/12/2016, 05:30 AM:)

ASIDE: You don't know what door you have opened here! You just reminded me about something that I have to finish... (Sadly, it will only appeal to.... ~1-2 people, and I am being generous).
Doo Eet.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 11/12/2016, 05:54 AM
Quote from: esteban on 11/12/2016, 05:30 AM:)

Doo Eet.
DONE!

(It took a lot longer than I thought it would take)

I expect this to be appealing to 1-2 people, at most.

geise

esteban

Quote from: geise on 11/12/2016, 09:40 PMI love these Paul!  Thanks man!
I know! What would we do without him?

We would survive, surely. But it wouldn't be as much fun.

ccovell

Quote from: esteban on 11/12/2016, 09:25 PMI expect this to be appealing to 1-2 people, at most.
Or a fraction of one person

esteban

Quote from: ccovell on 11/13/2016, 07:06 AM
Quote from: esteban on 11/12/2016, 09:25 PMI expect this to be appealing to 1-2 people, at most.
Quite true.

The overlap between (1) fans of the Three's Company Theme Song and (2) that particular rendition of a classic Sega tune = nil.

_Paul

Quote from: esteban on 11/13/2016, 12:35 PM
Quote from: ccovell on 11/13/2016, 07:06 AM
Quite true.

The overlap between (1) fans of the Three's Company Theme Song and (2) that particular rendition of a classic Sega tune = nil.

Not being American most of this is lost on me but it did make me smile regardless. Probably because I generally like random stuff.

_Paul

esteban

Quote from: guest on 11/18/2016, 02:43 PMI gone dun Passing Breeze.
I went back and listened to various versions of OutRun tunes (different platforms).

Damn!

I wish there more songs included in the original game.

I am eager to see how Passing Breeze blends...

roflmao

csgx1

Sounds great!

I like it, that's an interesting comparison.  My brother and I were big fans of the Three's Company show when we were young, but never knew they made trading cards.

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

_Paul

FraGMarE

Disclaimer: Best listening experience at 120+ mph

esteban

Quote from: fragmare on 12/08/2016, 10:11 PMDisclaimer: Best listening experience at 120+ mph
Ha! :)

Quote from: guest on 12/08/2016, 02:23 PMMore...
You know, this sounds like the theme song for Three's Company at 1:30-1:40...

esadajr

Good job Paul.

Passing Breeze one of my all time favorites, countless tokens spent on the arcades. Now if you excuse me, an onion truck just passed by.
Gaming since 1985

TheClash603

Somehow I missed this thread til now, love these songs.  True story, I got yelled at by my girlfriend for a half hour while we put up Christmas decorations last week, since I was playing the vinyl Outrun soundtrack instead of Christmas music.  One of the best game soundtracks of all time and a game that holds up incredibly well.

I also love Three's Company and laughed my ass off at that video, which made no sense...

esteban

Quote from: TheClash603 on 12/10/2016, 02:48 PMI also love Three's Company and laughed my ass off at that video, which made no sense...
I know, it only makes sense to me. :)

_Paul

esteban

_Paul

TRIVIA: This is the only track where I had to actually edit it a little. The PCE version doesn't have the wave sound effect and so the timing towards the end was slightly different to compensate.

blueraven

esteban

Now it is time to listen to all the OutRun tracks, again.