Atomic Robo Kid Special (secret glitch?)

Started by PukeSter, 11/22/2016, 01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PukeSter

Atomic Robo Kid Special is one of my favorite PCE shooters...I love the shit out of this game.

I was playing it recently and found this weird glitch. Act 21 is a forest level with a few goons and some fan enemies at the end. But instead Act 21 became a temple level with the same enemy layout as Act 9

IMG

The conditions that happened...

1. Died on the Fish Boss
2. Used a continue
3. Beat the Fish Boss on that first life

I don't know if it can be replicated, but maybe someone could try? I was playing on my laptop but the HuCard should be identical.

_Paul

According to the world of longplays video, Act 21 is as your photo. What makes you think it's a forest level?

esteban

Quote from: guest on 11/24/2016, 12:26 PMAccording to the world of longplays video, Act 21 is as your photo. What makes you think it's a forest level?
I suspect lukester has been a deep-cover FEKA agent for years...

DAMN.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

PukeSter

Quote from: guest on 11/24/2016, 12:26 PMAccording to the world of longplays video, Act 21 is as your photo. What makes you think it's a forest level?
How strange...just watched three different different playthroughs.

The rom I'm using might have been altered somehow. Who would bother changing such an obscure game?

I'll have to post a picture of the forest level when I can.

goldenband

I beat Atomic Robo-Kid Special today after working on it for a couple days, and I also noticed that Act 21 seemed to change up between playthroughs. Since one or two of the earlier Acts have multiple exits, I'm guessing it may have something to do with that.

BTW I also like this game a lot, though the final boss is aggravating and a couple stage enemies are too.

esteban

We* need to solve this mystery!

*probably not going to be me

Quote from: goldenband on 08/02/2017, 07:41 PMI beat Atomic Robo-Kid Special today after working on it for a couple days, and I also noticed that Act 21 seemed to change up between playthroughs. Since one or two of the earlier Acts have multiple exits, I'm guessing it may have something to do with that.

BTW I also like this game a lot, though the final boss is aggravating and a couple stage enemies are too.
I don't think I would have given this game a third or fourth chance to win my heart, but sunbeam_paul here had such love for it that I gave the damn game another chance and realized it does, indeed, have some charm to it.

However, I have not beaten it. Not at all. But this thread reminded me that I have to add "Atomic Robot Kid" to my "next up" pool of games.

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG