@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Barbarian on PCE

Started by F.L, 12/18/2016, 02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkhan Asylum

if its a CD game, why not full motion arnie sprites from Conan.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

F.L

hello
before finishing the roms with music,
i have just finished the 3th rom, the AMIGA version
its the first 16bits version, with the most fine and coloured gfx of all
barbarian AMIGA PcEngine
the link to download the rom :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ses0lx6930ibrsk/barbarianAMIGApce.zip?dl=0
despite all the work we made with touko, there is some noise on sounds.
it was very difficult to integrate them.

Keith Courage

This is fantastic!

geise

How in THE hell did I miss this!  I LOVED this game on my Atari ST.  My brother and I would play this religiously. I got pretty good and just chopping opponents heads off.  Thank you F.L and others for putting the work into this.  This is so rad.

F.L

thanks all !
i have just finished the atariST version, with fantastic music theme:
(click on image to download)
IMG
to swap between sfx and music, press II button
see ya !

Dicer

I get a corrupted archive on the Amiga link, the rom extracts and runs, I just get the error...

Amazing work so far, look forward to an updated PCE revision and a C= 64 version perhaps, but that aside each of these is wonderful.

F.L

Quote from: Dicer on 02/25/2017, 02:17 PMI get a corrupted archive on the Amiga link, the rom extracts and runs, I just get the error...

Amazing work so far, look forward to an updated PCE revision and a C= 64 version perhaps, but that aside each of these is wonderful.
thanks for the alert. i have updated the zip :
in the zip, there is a second zip (opensource.zip) with all the source and ressources. the error came from this second zip.
please re-download and say me if its works.
bye

edit : the c64 version is soon finished. i must integrate the music. i hope to finish it in some days

Dicer

Quote from: F.L on 02/25/2017, 05:15 PM
Quote from: Dicer on 02/25/2017, 02:17 PMI get a corrupted archive on the Amiga link, the rom extracts and runs, I just get the error...

thanks for the alert. i have updated the zip :
in the zip, there is a second zip (opensource.zip) with all the source and ressources. the error came from this second zip.
please re-download and say me if its works.
bye

edit : the c64 version is soon finished. i must integrate the music. i hope to finish it in some days
This link worked without error :)

Keith Courage

I can't get the amiga version to work with my V1 everdrive but the Atari version works perfectly. The amiga version just boots to a blank screen.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Keith Courage on 02/27/2017, 03:16 AMI can't get the amiga version to work with my V1 everdrive but the Atari version works perfectly. The amiga version just boots to a blank screen.
That sounds like your typical Amiga game.   What's the problem?

:D
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

F.L

Quote from: Keith Courage on 02/27/2017, 03:16 AMI can't get the amiga version to work with my V1 everdrive but the Atari version works perfectly. The amiga version just boots to a blank screen.
its strange. i will test it on my v2 everdrive. anyone have the same problem ?

F.L

i have just tested it. it works fine
 :?:
in doubt, i have updated the zip :
re-try and say me
maybe the file was corrupted ? (my dropbox were full)
maybe you must update the bios of your everdrive ?
see ya
F.L

Keith Courage

That did it. It works now :) Must have been corrupted the 1st time.

Nice work on these ports.

F.L

F.L

F.L

hello
it's me again with the 6th rom of barbarian on PCE,
the Commodore 64 version, with the updated wonderful music :dance:
In the video the sound is bad, but the sound effects are here.
TOUKO helped me to integrate the two music ingame + sounds effects and it were difficult !
i have modified the difficulty, its a little more hard. say me if you reach the wizard again  :evil:
And here is the link of the rom :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b9dzyd4nzm68jc6/barbarianC64pce.zip

the last rom but not the least (CPC) will be available maybe last week, if i found free time.
bye

F.L

and now, the last but not the least,
my lovely, the Amstrad CPC version :   :dance:
barbarian SPECTRUM PcEngine
link of the rom :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/57mfxzjv9fr0ahj/barbarianCPCpce.zip?dl=0
you can find all the links on the page 1 of the thread
now, i have finished the 7 versions of the game
i hope you have enjoy like me this coding adventure :
in 3 months i have learned the C, discover Huc and the Pce, and ported the game !
see ya for another port (maybe :P)
bye
F.L

Dicer

Quote from: F.L on 03/21/2017, 05:27 PMand now, the last but not the least,
my lovely, the Amstrad CPC version :   :dance:
barbarian SPECTRUM PcEngine
link of the rom :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/57mfxzjv9fr0ahj/barbarianCPCpce.zip?dl=0
you can find all the links on the page 1 of the thread
now, i have finished the 7 versions of the game
i hope you have enjoy like me this coding adventure :
in 3 months i have learned the C, discover Huc and the Pce, and ported the game !
see ya for another port (maybe :P)
bye
F.L
Now we need an officially pressed disc....because reasons.
Excellent work.

I won't suggest what you tackle next.

Karateka

exodus

The PCE version isn't done yet, right? If it is, I sure can't find it in this thread or on your site!

roflmao

F.L

thanks all
no pressed disc but maybe hucards  8)

i dont know what will be my next project, but nothing for the moment !

exodus, yes the pce version is finished, you can find the link of the 7 roms on page 1

TheClash603

Quote from: F.L on 03/22/2017, 09:02 AMthanks all

exodus, yes the pce version is finished, you can find the link of the 7 roms on page 1
You gotta make me a card, cause that makes me hard.

SuperPlay

Great work on the updates :-)

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: F.L on 03/22/2017, 09:02 AMthanks all

When he says a PCE version.  I think he means a version with brand new graphics that take advantage of the PCE's graphic & sound capabilities.  I also hope you will do this someday!
IMG

F.L

ok, but for the moment i make a big pause in coding
i like to code in winter, i have more free time
maybe one day i will make a new game on pce, this console is very pleasant to code  :dance:

Dicer

Quote from: F.L on 03/24/2017, 06:12 PMok, but for the moment i make a big pause in coding
i like to code in winter, i have more free time
maybe one day i will make a new game on pce, this console is very pleasant to code  :dance:
Anything you do is appreciated, glad to have you aboard.... :)

F.L

thanks  :P

i have just fixed a bug in the IA, who could freeze the screen !
i have updated all the .zip
you must download again the roms, sorry  :-s

yes, with pce, there is patches too  :mrgreen:

Bardoly

Quote from: F.L on 03/24/2017, 06:12 PMmaybe one day i will make a new game on pce, this console is very pleasant to code  :dance:
Please do!   [-o<

esteban

Quote from: F.L on 03/24/2017, 09:00 PMthanks  :P

i have just fixed a bug in the IA, who could freeze the screen !
i have updated all the .zip
you must download again the roms, sorry  :-s

yes, with pce, there is patches too  :mrgreen:
Thank you, comrade, for Le Barbarian on PCE.

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Digi.k

Would it be possible to port some MSX II games onto the pce ? Especially the Konami ones!

Psycho Punch

Quote from: Digi.k on 04/01/2017, 07:45 PMwould it be possible to port some MSX II games onto the pce ? especially the konami ones!
This but only the games that feature egg hatching and pouring chocolate into lethal floor acid.
This Toxic Turbo Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs!
I had to delete THOUSANDS of error log entries cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Digi.k

I captured the Amiga version running on my pc engine.

esteban

Quote from: Digi.k on 04/11/2017, 10:08 PMI captured the Amiga version running on my pc engine.
Thanks*

* from the "still needs to figure out his EverDrive" camp
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Digi.k on 04/01/2017, 07:45 PMwould it be possible to port some MSX II games onto the pce ? especially the konami ones!
Which?  A lot of Konami games are actually MSX1 games.   

We already got Snatcher on PCE. and Twinbee, Gradius 1 and 2, and Salamander.

Metal Gear 1 and 2 could be done on PCE.  and Contra, but the MSX Contra wouldn't be that fantastic on PCE.

Michirin9801

Quote from: guest on 04/12/2017, 01:50 AM... and Contra, but the MSX Contra wouldn't be that fantastic on PCE.
Just imagine NES Contra on PCE, but with better graphics and music...

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: Michirin9801 on 04/12/2017, 02:07 AM
Quote from: guest on 04/12/2017, 01:50 AM... and Contra, but the MSX Contra wouldn't be that fantastic on PCE.
'

I've always imagined the Famicom version(for the extra animation), but with the arcade Contra's graphics on the Turbob.  IIRC, either Black Tiger or Keranu did some sprite ripping & color adjusting as a test.
IMG

Digi.k

Quote from: guest on 04/12/2017, 01:50 AM
Which?  A lot of Konami games are actually MSX1 games.   

We already got Snatcher on PCE. and Twinbee, Gradius 1 and 2, and Salamander.

Metal Gear 1 and 2 could be done on PCE.  and Contra, but the MSX Contra wouldn't be that fantastic on PCE.
hmmm apart from the ones you mentioned maybe these although they are msx1 mostly

space mambow
treasure of usas
maze of galious
knightmare
king kong 2

also would anyone love to port the arcade mr do! to pc engine ?

spenoza

Pining for Contra on PCE is a habit for far too many of us. But since this is about Barbarian on PCE, maybe this thread isn't the best place for that.

These fantastic Barbarian ports are a joy to watch.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Michirin9801 on 04/12/2017, 02:07 AM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 04/12/2017, 01:50 AM... and Contra, but the MSX Contra wouldn't be that fantastic on PCE.
You mean imagine Contra 3 ?  lol.

The MSX Contra is a completely different game.   It doesn't even scroll, has a life bar, and is kind of easy because the lack of scrolling makes the action way too easy to manage.

It's fun still, but the NES one was better.

The other MSX Konami games are barely worth bothering.  We've already got Salamander.   So, doing Manbow or anything like it is whatever.

Maze of Galious and Knightmare would be cool to see though.   But really, Knightmare is just another vertical shooter.  We don't need another.

Treasure of Usas or King Kong?  Good ideas.

Or the Goonies game.   

spenoza

Contra in general is a gaping hole in the PCE's library. PCE needs run n' guns.

Arkhan Asylum

What's interesting to me is that there's only really two run and guns that anyone talks about.

Gunstar Heroes, and Contra.    So, it is kind of comical that it's such a hot, desired genre.   

What other badass run n guns are there?   I can't really think of one but there has to be.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 04/19/2017, 05:51 PMWhat other badass run n guns are there?   I can't really think of one but there has to be.
Earthworm Jim and the Metal Slug series.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: NecroPhile on 04/19/2017, 05:52 PM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 04/19/2017, 05:51 PMWhat other badass run n guns are there?   I can't really think of one but there has to be.
I never really considered EWJ to be a run and gun I guess, since the pacing is strange at times and there's alot of goobery platforming and the whippy thing.   That game is odd as fuck. 

I excluded Metal Slug in my thought process since I was thinking in terms of 8/16 bit console stuff.   

I would honestly rather see EWJ on PCE than Contra, though.   Even though it's probably a more difficult feat and would definitely suffer visually.

I guess Mega Man counts as a run and gun too, but I always just kind of put MM in it's own entire genre.

Gredler

Sunset Riders is so similar to those games, I loved it, it does not count?

Psycho Punch

I liked Gunforce on the SNES, don't judge me.
This Toxic Turbo Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs!
I had to delete THOUSANDS of error log entries cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Dicer

NVM I am old an losing my mind...

spenoza

Seriously, original, new run n gun or GTFO. Contra on NES already exists and plays just fine.

ParanoiaDragon

Jackyl.  Bonknuts brought that to the Turbob(along with Contra IIRC).  I thought about making a cd soundtrack for it, hopefully someday.  Was also hoping me doing that would inspire someone to work with putting the arcade gfx into it.
IMG

TheClash603

Quote from: guest on 04/19/2017, 05:52 PM
Quote from: guest on 04/19/2017, 05:51 PMWhat other badass run n guns are there?   I can't really think of one but there has to be.
Rolling Thunder

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: TheClash603 on 04/22/2017, 02:01 PM
Quote from: NecroPhile on 04/19/2017, 05:52 PM
Rolling Thunder
That's not a run and gun.  It's like a walk and hop and gun sometimes.   It's a fantastic game, but not what I think of for Run n Gun

Neither is Jackal.

I guess my definition of run n gun may be way too literal. 

Narc is a good run 'n gun.   If there was that but scrolled a little faster, that would rule.

Or Alien Soldier, maybe.   

Some of those games have too much variety/depth to the way they play for me to think they're a run n' gun.